Klipsch Reference'ish Headphones
Jun 5, 2005 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

GiMione

Head-Fier
I own a set of the klipsch reference speakers. I love the sound so much that I want to reproduce that in a pair of headphones. Any Suggestions?? (The sound is pretty punchy and crisp, sorry for the laymans) oh ya, this will be a full sized pair for home listening.

Jun 5, 2005 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 8
Punchy and crisp, eh? For some reason, Grado is the first company that comes to mind...
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2005 at 6:42 AM Post #3 of 8
Punchy and Crisp = Grado? hmm...what model is is a good choice? -- Price/performnce wise, I should add.

Jun 5, 2005 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 8
Well any Grado is going to give you fantastic performance/price ratios, but I think the two that stand out most are the SR-60s, known for a bright presentation, and the SR-225s, known for being the most "neutral" of the Grado bunch. It's far from "netural", but it isn't nearly as fatiquing as other Grados, or as other Klipsch speakers
tongue.gif

Grados have REALLY crisp and punchy sound, but also really bright sound as a consequence. I really love this feature, but others do not. Being a Klipsch owner, you MUST love this feature, or you would have thrown the speakers out by now
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2005 at 6:49 AM Post #5 of 8
yeah, Cant get enough of em. Perky speakers keeps my attention better; they grab me. I think i'll check out the SR-60s

Jun 5, 2005 at 9:24 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by GiMione
yeah, Cant get enough of em. Perky speakers keeps my attention better; they grab me. I think i'll check out the SR-60s

I just bought a pair 2 days ago. They'll noticably improve with a good 20hr burn-in, after which they sound very natural to me. Intimate soundstage, punchy bass, attention-grabbing mids and highs, no noticable roughness or harshness.

If i was to compare them to anything, it'd be Johnny Walker Red Label. Smoky and warm, pleasing and smooth, yet not quite as refined as Black. But perfect for those times you don't really want refined
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2005 at 9:33 AM Post #7 of 8
Just wait until the 100 hour mark, then prepare to step into flavor country. A pair of speakers I have have an oddly similar sound signature to SR60's, a pair of KLH 9250B's. So it isn't only Klipsch that has a Grado-ey sound their speakers, at least that's what I observe.

Personally, given the chance between owning a full size pair of towers that sound like the SR60 and the SR60's themselves, I'd take the SR60's. Although it's good to have both for cheap, no?
biggrin.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back