Klipsch Promedia 2.1: No/Low Sub Output. Need Help.
Oct 25, 2010 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

headchange4u

500+ Head-Fier
I have a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers that I have had for several years and I really like them.  Recently the subwoofer has almost no output whatsoever, even when cranked to their highest level. In the past, with the subwoofer know at the 10 o'clock position, it would rattle your teeth.

I've read through several thread in the Klipsch forums and through Google searches. I have tested internal fuses and 2 resistors that I was told sometimes go bad. All  those tested fine. I also recently replaced for control pod for a reason unrelated to the non-working sub. The low sub output was present before changing the control pod and a new one didn't help my issue.

I am hoping that someone can help me repair the sub. I would hate to trash such a nice set of speakers.

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #2 of 2

joe_cool

1000+ Head-Fier
You need to determine if the problem is electronic (the amp) or mechanical (the woofer). You can measure the AC voltage across the speaker terminals, inside the box, of course. Also confirm the DC impedance (resistance) of the voice coil.

Users who are viewing this thread