klipsch Image X5's....still no solid reviews.
Dec 2, 2008 at 6:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Gothamm

100+ Head-Fier
I could not find any in-depth info on these. A little reference here, a thread with 2 replies there, but nothing astounding. Impressions by owners would be awesomely appreciated. especially comparisons to the x10

Dec 2, 2008 at 9:29 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha 1 Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they beet the snot out of any iems I have ever owned..

Maybe not so much in these exact terms, but I agree!. My Klipsch X5's easily beat all the other IEM's I have owned including:

Shure se310
Shure se420
Shure se530
Shure E4C
Etymotic ER-4P
UE Triple fi
UE Super fi 5 Pro
UE Super fi 5 (new)
Denon
UM2
etc...

Dec 2, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicL0ver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ THAT good?
what about the -26dB isolation o_O

Isolation is good (Double Flange), as I use them for Airplane Travel.

Dec 2, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by oak3x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe not so much in these exact terms, but I agree!. My Klipsch X5's easily beat all the other IEM's I have owned including:

Shure se310
Shure se420
Shure se530
Shure E4C
Etymotic ER-4P
UE Triple fi
UE Super fi 5 Pro
UE Super fi 5 (new)
Denon
UM2
etc...

Better than se530? please elaborate. whoa...
popcorn.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #12 of 18
the x10s are superb right up to the point when something breaks on them (as has already happened to me twice - once a problem wire in the jack, once a problem in the left bud... both times the strain relief on both buds developed splits which were in the process of deteriorating after a few months of light use...)

so they're great, the sound isolation is frightening, the seal is incredibly easy to achieve, and they're the most comfortable earphones anyone could ever own... but they break. a lot. thank god for tolerant retailers who honour their warranty, that's all i can say.

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #13 of 18
Although, I have no sound or usability issues (yet), the strain relief on my X10s on the earbuds are starting to split. I am probably just going to reinforce it with some heatshrink wrap, and that should be the end of it, but yeah they should have made the stress relief much thicker to prevent that.

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:59 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAQemUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although, I have no sound or usability issues (yet), the strain relief on my X10s on the earbuds are starting to split. I am probably just going to reinforce it with some heatshrink wrap, and that should be the end of it, but yeah they should have made the stress relief much thicker to prevent that.

Has anyone seen this issue with the X5s or is it too early to tell?

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by LordEntropy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone seen this issue with the X5s or is it too early to tell?

i just got mine today. the stress relief areas do seem a bit flimsy. But the phones themselves are extremely light. they're probably the same as the x10's. I doubt klipsch would go out of their way to make them more reinforced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back