Klipsch Image X10 or Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jun 1, 2010 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

norcalstoppy

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to pick up a quality set of earphones to replace/upgrade UE Super.fi that I broke.

Seems like Klipsch is very popular for its aesthetic design, comfort and its superior performance relative to its size among other single armature IEMs. 

But it seems like MTPC gets rave reviews for its performance as well as its comfort compared to other high-end IEMs.

Aside from aesthetic appeal of the Klipsch X10, as far as the quality of sound and comfort goes, which would be a better buy. Surprisingly MTPC can be found cheaper new than X10.

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #2 of 12
Not having heard either, I would recommend the MTPC only because the X10s for having issues with the cable cracking and the Monsters have a pretty awesome warranty.

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 12
arent they just introducing a waterproof version of the S4, and some other lower-priced iem? I really dont think Klipsch is going to be doing much in the future of high-end iems. Not since they completely evaporated the custom line.

I'd say, of the two, the Turbine copper would be better. The image x10 sounds great, but it's a very colored sound & likely nowhere as clear or durable as the turbines. Plus, they cant be worn over the ear (which really sucks).

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
arent they just introducing a waterproof version of the S4, and some other lower-priced iem? I really dont think Klipsch is going to be doing much in the future of high-end iems. Not since they completely evaporated the custom line.

I'd say, of the two, the Turbine copper would be better. The image x10 sounds great, but it's a very colored sound & likely nowhere as clear or durable as the turbines. Plus, they cant be worn over the ear (which really sucks).

I'm pretty sure Klipsch was talking about a new line of full-sized headphones. I'd also presume that they'd replace the Custom line with a new line or add more to the X line.

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #7 of 12
I had the x5s which have the same tips and similar design.
They isolate very well (sometimes dangerously so when i was driving) because they insert quite deep (better than any of my other IEMs).
There is talk of strain relief issues, but i didnt have problems with that because i wrapped electrical tape around the strain reliefs. I also handled them with care.

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #8 of 12
I've purchased and returned the X10s (TWICE), and in all honesty, the Coppers rock the heck out of the X10s.

Go with Coppers and I promise you would have made the right decision.

tongue_smile.gif

Aug 16, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #9 of 12
I only had klipsch x10, the IEM is quite comfortable, but the cable is quite fragile, especially the cable near the phone. the sound is warm with a bit forward mids, soundstage it wide but not deep, it can driven by portable players well, but not as good as my tf10 and ie8, I only use it for pop music. I prefer tf10. You could take it into your consideration.

Aug 17, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
I only had klipsch x10, the IEM is quite comfortable, but the cable is quite fragile, especially the cable near the phone. the sound is warm with a bit forward mids, soundstage it wide but not deep, it can driven by portable players well, but not as good as my tf10 and ie8, I only use it for pop music. I prefer tf10. You could take it into your consideration.

Uhmm.... I don't think the mids are foward, they seem to be more recessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back