Klipsch IMAGE x10 bass crackling
Nov 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

specialoKasion

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've recently have picked up a pair of x10's from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WAHFBK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1E8KR0YGH90CBAGJS3M7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1630083502&pf_rd_i=507846

Sold by BESTDEAL TECH and Fulfilled by Amazon.

I've been using them on my iPhone 4 first gen and there's no doubt about it they have great sound!
However, when I bring up the volume to max volume it seems the headphones are not able to handle to loudness. In short, when on the highest volume during some bass heavy rap songs there is bass crackling. I am currently using the R&B EQ built into the phone as bass booster just makes them crackle like crazy so I don't even go near that preset. Does anyone have the same issue as I am having? I've also read on another forum that I might have to burn them in. Is this true? I paid a decent amount of money for these and it would be a shame if these are only able to handle a certain volume limit.

Thanks!

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 8
It's known that X10 distort early going up higher volume levels. I've had x2 pairs the same and read many cases like yourself. It's simply a known issue with that model. There's nohithing you can do. Going off memory by the time they distort you're venturing past safe listening levels anyway. Be happy, they're telling you to save your hearing.

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 8
Yeah I really like blasting my music when I hit the gym. Wow, considering that they are $350 retail one would assume they have a very good range in terms of volume capability. Good thing I got them on sale for $135. Still a shame that the s4's can handle high volumes better than it's big brother. Feel kind of ripped off in that respect. Other than that the sound quality is great. So I guess this is a warning to anyone planning to purchase these. IF YOU BLAST MUSIC, don't even think about buying these lol.

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 8
  Yeah I really like blasting my music when I hit the gym. Wow, considering that they are $350 retail one would assume they have a very good range in terms of volume capability. Good thing I got them on sale for $135. Still a shame that the s4's can handle high volumes better than it's big brother. Feel kind of ripped off in that respect. Other than that the sound quality is great. So I guess this is a warning to anyone planning to purchase these. IF YOU BLAST MUSIC, don't even think about buying these lol.

just out of curiosity. what kbps are you listening to these at and them making that noise. im not saying or discrediting them being defective in the crackling noise.

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #6 of 8

Yes, I can assure you they're not faulty. They simply distort earlier than other IEM's when using higher volumes.

Nov 28, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #7 of 8

Yes, I can assure you they're not faulty. They simply distort earlier than other IEM's when using higher volumes.

i always really liked the x10 but found they fell very short in expectations esp if you bought them at msrp back in the day.

even at a used price 110+ there are still much better iems imo

Nov 28, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #8 of 8
i always really liked the x10 but found they fell very short in expectations esp if you bought them at msrp back in the day.

even at a used price 110+ there are still much better iems imo

I thought they were ok, rather relaxing for laying down and comfort was good the timbre was nice. Once you hear more detail though makes it hard to enjoy them. Something like TF10 is a much better deal. Without meaning any offence to the Op, x10 always came across to me as the perfect IEM for a young lady.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back