Klipsch image s4i II?
Oct 13, 2012 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

field09

New Head-Fier
Just wondering if there are any durability changes from the image s4i first generation? How is its overall compared to the image s4i rugged. I might buy one, but don't want it to collapse in a year.:cool:

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #2 of 13
The wires are more thick and are flat so they tangle less too, so they should be more durable. I remember purchasing two Image S4s, and both had their headphone jacks ripped apart. I'm not sure if they decided to make the headphone jack into an L-shape, or keep it straight, but making it L-shaped would solve a lot of my problems with it.

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 13
Both are broken, and I feel really stupid not getting the SE215 for the same price after visiting this website. That was before I discovered this website though. Unfortunately I do not have a lot of experience with other IEMs, but for sure the new S4s will have slightly different sound (hopefully for the better), and more durability.

From what I have read (and what I have considered), the Gr06 for around $65 or less is one of the best deals you can find for it's price; I have considered getting it but I will probably try the Brainwavz R1 since it's only $35 (with this code: fb2012fiver you get extra 5% off) at http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-r1-dual-dynamic-speaker-in-ear-earphones. Other than one reviewer who compared it to the infamous Brainwavz B2 (considered one of the best priced IEMs), there is only hype and speculation, and nothing else to back up how good it is, so it's best that you wait until next Friday (Brainwavz R1 sale ends at Oct 22, so you got about a week).

From what people say, Gr06 is probably the best for it's price, if you give it a week, the R1s could all of a sudden become the greatest IEMs to purchase for it's price, and you would have your winner. The S4s I have no faith in; sure they fixed the durability, but Klipsch hasn't proved their performance in headphones yet, and unless a majority of reviewers agree that the new S4s are any good, I would get new ones. So far, the S4 is beaten or on par with $35 headphones like the Soundmagic E30s.

For added bonus, the Gr07 if you have a bit more money, the Brainwavz B2 for $160 is also good (unfortunately we missed the sale at $130 with an amp), and the SE215 are praised around here.

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #5 of 13
You can also follow this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-257-iems-compared-hisoundaudio-wooduo-2-added-10-10-12, hopefully the Brainwavz R1 could be reviewed and we could see if it's worth the hype.

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #6 of 13
How is the brainwaz compared to the klipschs, I'm also considering the Ibeats or the Bose s2. I want good bass and noise cancelling . If the rugged s4i is more durable than the s4i II, I'll get the rugged, cuz everyone says it is more comfortable. Also, how comfortable is the shures?

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #9 of 13
The NEW Image S4 have been redesigned specifically in regards to durability. The tangle-resistant flat cables obviously help, but we have also strengthened the body of the headphones at the key points of stress.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:
How is the brainwaz compared to the klipschs, I'm also considering the Ibeats or the Bose s2. I want good bass and noise cancelling . If the rugged s4i is more durable than the s4i II, I'll get the rugged, cuz everyone says it is more comfortable. Also, how comfortable is the shures?

iBeats are terrible, my friend had a pair and the whole sound spectrum was muddy, not just the bass. Or maybe the muddy bass made the whole sound spectrum muddy, iDunno, but don't get them.

Shures (in my opinion) are very comfortable, have a great fit, and isolate noise VERY well! Some people don't think like the comfort due to the cable's thickness when it runs over-ear.

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #12 of 13
I love the S4i's. I've had problems though with one of the ear buds not working after some time. The Rugged's I haven't had a problem. I just wish they came in all black. Have you had any problems with the S4i's? I agree with Sycho, an L shape would work wonders on the overall durability on all Klipsch headphones. 

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #13 of 13
you could buy the rugged version which seems very tough. They basically covered the headphone with rubber armour...mine seems to have held up fine over the 5 months of heavy usage. Same price as the regular ones. just looks different

Users who are viewing this thread

Back