Klipsch Image One - Opinions?
Jul 23, 2011 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

lish14

New Head-Fier
Deciding whether to get these or Bose AE2's. Im aware that there is a lot of hatred for bose on head fi but the thing that really appeals for me is there comfort. Opinions on Klipsch Image One or Bose? Thanks in advance for the help :)

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #2 of 49
The one thing the Bose did with this new series is back way off in the bass department.  The AE2 is a fairly smooth headphone but it's major weakness is in the mids.  Very recessed.  They are VERY comfortable though.

The Klipsch isn't quite as comfortable for long wear, but they are much stronger through the mid range.  The bass is pretty overpowering however and does bleed over excessively.  If you're a fan of EQ then the Bose can be tweaked into decent sound.  You gotta really bring the mids forward.  I actually prefer my AE2's over my Image One's.  Didn't think I would, but once I found settings for both the Bose are just a smoother headphone. 

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #4 of 49
The Klipsch Image ONE offers fairly wide soundstage and easy to turn up volume(higher sensetivity). The mids are great with good highs and overall soundsignature is dynamic. It's isolate outside noise more than AE2 and more bass helps to enjoy music even in noisy envoirement. I will recommend these over AE2 for everyday use.

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #5 of 49
Comfort is the most important thing for me, they both seem pretty good with it but bose has the edge for me. However I do like the hard case that comes with the Image One's

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #7 of 49
I've demoed them with bassy songs and heard absolutely no bass whatsoever. I did appreciate its mids, highs, and soundstage though. For the price, I think the M50s would be a better pick. 

Aug 18, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #10 of 49
If comfort is what you want, how about the Sony Sound Pillows?  Err...MDR-XB700.

Aug 18, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #12 of 49
Aug 19, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #13 of 49

Quote:
The image one is like a fart cannon connected to a tweeter.

Wow, even worse than the usual Bose? Hah, nice.

But to be constructive... I'd try for something like the Shure srh440, my favorite AKG K272HD or HD25-1 even (though not very comfy). Many good closed portables out there in the same price range to kick bottom.

Aug 19, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #14 of 49
tongue_smile.gif
  That was a bit harsh, I do remember hearing some sort of midrange in there but it was hard to hear through the epic bass farting.  It's clearly not designed for the audiophile market, it's designed to sit and look purdy at the Apple store and wow people with hugemongous bass farts. 

Aug 20, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #15 of 49

Quote:
tongue_smile.gif
  That was a bit harsh, I do remember hearing some sort of midrange in there but it was hard to hear through the epic bass farting.  It's clearly not designed for the audiophile market, it's designed to sit and look purdy at the Apple store and wow people with hugemongous bass farts. 

Well, now when you say it like that, it's not only less harsh, but downright poetic 
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back