Klipsch I-Fi for Ipod.
Mar 21, 2006 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Blitzula

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone heard one of these?

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=907

I can't find a bad review online. Other than a somewhat recessed treble and a bit of a lack of liveliness, all the reviews are good on sound quality. Makes me wonder if I made a mistake selling my Ipod when I had ear issues...

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #2 of 5

stewgriff

500+ Head-Fier
I admire the iFi. It's one of the few iPod speakers that doesn't act like a cheap ripoff (2 RSX-3 satellites, AKA iFi satellites, are $260 for the company's cheaper home theater systems...and that doesn't include the subwoofer or amp), but it's still pretty bulky. It's usually rated lower than the Sounddock and comparable systems for that fact, and that it's more expensive; I don't see how a Sounddock or an IM7 could possibly provide better value or sound quality, unless at low levels, than this 3-piece system. For the price of $399, I'd still rather get a good pair of IEMs, but at least Klipsch is trying to present real sound quality to the iPod market.

Can't say the same for the iGroove, though...cheap, grayish ripoff of the Sounddock...

Mar 21, 2006 at 5:04 AM Post #3 of 5

Sladeophile

Headphoneus Supremus
I THINK I saw this at costco for like 260 bones... Can't be positive, only looked at it in passing, but I'm pretty sure. It may have been 360, not sure. But they had it.
Slade

Mar 21, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 5

hembergler

1000+ Head-Fier
My dad bought it because he saw it for $200, but we later returned it. For the money, it wasn't worth the upgrade over the Cambridge Soundworks speakers we have right now. Although, it was much better than any other competitors like the Sounddock

Mar 21, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #5 of 5

gratefulshrink

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
Has anyone heard one of these?

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=907

I can't find a bad review online. Other than a somewhat recessed treble and a bit of a lack of liveliness, all the reviews are good on sound quality. Makes me wonder if I made a mistake selling my Ipod when I had ear issues...

Haven't heard it, but I do own three sets of Klipsch speakers, so I pretty much love their sound/quality. I have an ipod dock connected to a set of ProMedia Ultra 2.0, which is the $99 version.

I think Klipsch, in general, prices things fairly, but since it's and ipod tie-in product, you know it will be over-priced.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread