Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Jul 27, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #1,396 of 1,468
Hi Guys,
As I've mentioned before, I find the HP-3 (stock) painfully loud in the treble, and bit muddy in the mids and the bass. So I've been trying out different pads and dampening materials. After a month long wait, some brainwavs pads I ordered finally arrived. I got brainwavz round memory foam velour and and hybrid. I also got some neodymium magnets (6mm by 3mm - the magnets on the hp-3 are 6mm) and stuck them onto the new pads in the same arrangement as the stock pads, so I can easily stick them on. works extremely well. The pads are slightly smaller than the cups, so they are still totally functional, just not quite as nice looking as the stock pads. These pads get a little more space between my ears and the driver, and they also don't obstruct the driver the way the stock pads do (which I think was muddying up some of the mid frequencies). The hybrid pads gave them sort of tinny sound, and the velours gave a much more natural sound so I went forward just using the velours. But the mids are much clearer with either. highs and bass bloat was reduced a bit with the velours, but it wasn't enough high reduction, so I also have 3(!) layers of felt in each pad and a single piece of acoustic foam behind the pads.

The result is that these are much closer to neutral now (still decently V shaped). The clarity is now top shelf, as is the detail. Like serious planar amounts of detail. These went from being sort of a disappointment, to being one of my favorite sets, and I would argue these can compete with some cans that cost a lot more. The technical capability of this driver is really astounding. The bass is really tight and detailed now, and the highs are pristine and detailed without hurting me. I was worried that the dampening would kill off some of the detail, but it somehow survived perfectly.

I know a lot of you guys like your Hp-3 in stock configuration, but if anyone wants more details on materials I used, let me know, I'd be happy to post some links.
I simply added this glass material to one end of the cable
D85FA334-C407-4D93-80E7-E6C4664E77AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #1,397 of 1,468
Hi Guys,
As I've mentioned before, I find the HP-3 (stock) painfully loud in the treble, and bit muddy in the mids and the bass. So I've been trying out different pads and dampening materials. After a month long wait, some brainwavs pads I ordered finally arrived. I got brainwavz round memory foam velour and and hybrid. I also got some neodymium magnets (6mm by 3mm - the magnets on the hp-3 are 6mm) and stuck them onto the new pads in the same arrangement as the stock pads, so I can easily stick them on. works extremely well. The pads are slightly smaller than the cups, so they are still totally functional, just not quite as nice looking as the stock pads. These pads get a little more space between my ears and the driver, and they also don't obstruct the driver the way the stock pads do (which I think was muddying up some of the mid frequencies). The hybrid pads gave them sort of tinny sound, and the velours gave a much more natural sound so I went forward just using the velours. But the mids are much clearer with either. highs and bass bloat was reduced a bit with the velours, but it wasn't enough high reduction, so I also have 3(!) layers of felt in each pad and a single piece of acoustic foam behind the pads.

The result is that these are much closer to neutral now (still decently V shaped). The clarity is now top shelf, as is the detail. Like serious planar amounts of detail. These went from being sort of a disappointment, to being one of my favorite sets, and I would argue these can compete with some cans that cost a lot more. The technical capability of this driver is really astounding. The bass is really tight and detailed now, and the highs are pristine and detailed without hurting me. I was worried that the dampening would kill off some of the detail, but it somehow survived perfectly.

I know a lot of you guys like your Hp-3 in stock configuration, but if anyone wants more details on materials I used, let me know, I'd be happy to post some links.
Would you please take pictures of the hp3 with new pads?

Jul 28, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #1,398 of 1,468

Attachments

• 20200728_003504_HDR.jpg
    20200728_003504_HDR.jpg
    945.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200728_003355.jpg
    20200728_003355.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Jul 28, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #1,399 of 1,468
Speaking of pads, has anyone tried the Fostex pads on the HP-3?

Screenshot_2020-07-28 Dekoni Premium Ear Pads for Fostex Price Reviews Drop (formerly Massdrop).jpg

363A3956%20copy%20checkout_20170419110939.jpg

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #1,400 of 1,468
0.jpg

Aug 3, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #1,402 of 1,468
[QUOTE = "Pigeon X, post: 15765889, membro: 531977"]
Ciao ragazzi
Come ho già detto in precedenza, trovo l'HP-3 (stock) dolorosamente forte negli alti e un po 'fangoso nei medi e nei bassi. Quindi ho provato diversi cuscinetti e materiali di smorzamento. Dopo un mese di attesa, finalmente sono arrivati alcuni cuscinetti per onde cerebrali che ho ordinato. Ho un brainwavz rotondo in memory foam velour e ibrido. Ho anche ottenuto alcuni magneti al neodimio (6 mm per 3 mm - i magneti sull'HP-3 sono 6 mm) e li ho attaccati ai nuovi cuscinetti nella stessa disposizione dei cuscinetti di serie, quindi posso attaccarli facilmente. funziona estremamente bene. I cuscinetti sono leggermente più piccoli rispetto alle tazze, quindi sono ancora totalmente integrati, ma non altrettanto belli come i cuscinetti di serie. Questi cuscinetti ottengono un po 'più di spazio tra le mie orecchie e il conducente, e non t ostruire il guidatore come fanno gli stock pad (che credo stiano confondendo alcune delle frequenze medie). I pad ibridi davano loro una specie di suono metallico e velours davano un suono molto più naturale, quindi sono andato avanti semplicemente usando i velours. Ma i medi sono molto più chiari con entrambi. gli alti e il basso si gonfiarono un po 'con i velluto, ma non era abbastanza alta riduzione, quindi ho anche 3 (!) strati di feltro in ciascun pad e un singolo pezzo di schiuma acustica dietro i pad.

Il risultato è che ora è molto più vicino al neutro (ancora decentemente a forma di V). La chiarezza è ora nel primo piano, così come i dettagli. Come serie quantità di dettagli planari. Sono passati dall'essere una sorta di delusione all'essere uno dei miei set preferiti, e direi che possono competere con alcune lattine che costano molto di più. La capacità tecnica di questo driver è davvero sorprendente. Il basso è davvero stretto e dettagliato ora, e gli alti sono incontaminati e dettagliati senza farmi maschio. Ero preoccupato che l'ammortizzazione avrebbe ucciso alcuni dettagli, ma in qualche modo è sopravvissuto perfettamente.

Conosco molti di voi come il vostro Hp-3 nella configurazione di serie, ma se qualcuno vuole maggiori dettagli sui materiali che ho usato, fatemi sapere, sarei felice di pubblicare alcuni link.
[/ CITAZIONE]
eccellente

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #1,403 of 1,468
I present my two mods.
One is the protection and adhesive sponge for skull pain.
the other is the self-made balanced cable, with LITZ cable, 8 core, OCC. Golden jacks.
20200805_165418.jpg
20200805_165430.jpg

How do you find the solution?

Aug 5, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #1,404 of 1,468
I present my two mods.
One is the protection and adhesive sponge for skull pain.
the other is the self-made balanced cable, with LITZ cable, 8 core, OCC. Golden jacks.
20200805_165418.jpg20200805_165430.jpg
How do you find the solution?
Since I plan on keeping my HP-3’s forever, I like it! Like it better than the Dakoni nuggets.

Aug 6, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #1,405 of 1,468
Anyone knows of a good XLR to 4.4mm adapter?

Aug 6, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #1,407 of 1,468
Aug 10, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #1,409 of 1,468
New modding update. Just got a pair of brainwavs xl memory foam protein leather pads on these and they sound amazing. No other damping materials needed. Highs are mellowed out and everything sounds super clear and alive. They fit really well too with my magnet system. Look a little more correct than the smaller pads. Comfort is superb. Cant reccomend this enough. The sound is so perfect now!

Attachments

• 20200810_232610_HDR.jpg
    20200810_232610_HDR.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Aug 11, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #1,410 of 1,468
New modding update. Just got a pair of brainwavs xl memory foam protein leather pads on these and they sound amazing. No other damping materials needed. Highs are mellowed out and everything sounds super clear and alive. They fit really well too with my magnet system. Look a little more correct than the smaller pads. Comfort is superb. Cant reccomend this enough. The sound is so perfect now!
How do you attach those pads to the magnet please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back