Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Sep 25, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #466 of 1,468
I am finalizing a sponsor package with HeadFi this week. Once complete, I will be allowed to offer the preorder to this forum. We have something super cool, but Jude and I spoke and he just asked that I talk to his team before announcing it-completely respect that...

I am 100% certain you guys will love what we are going to do!!!!

Sounds enticing! Can't wait to hear more (special forum member discount?)

Sep 25, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #468 of 1,468
Viola, We will not forget France. In fact I will be in Paris Oct 16th. We are looking at Son Video, 10 FNAC stores (their Flagship), and a few other select retailers in France.
I have been active at this thread from the beginning and have asked a couple times about "how will Europeans get to order these" and aside from this news about France, I haven't heard any other plans. It would be lovely if you could elaborate any plans for European orders...much obliged!

Thank you and just a to congratulate on a really fine looking product amongst all the plastic and pleather universe. Honestly, even if they don't sound like "Elves final lament for Gandalf" they are the most beautiful headphones I have ever seen and will be happy to own!

Cheers

Sep 26, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #469 of 1,468
I have been active at this thread from the beginning and have asked a couple times about "how will Europeans get to order these" and aside from this news about France, I haven't heard any other plans. It would be lovely if you could elaborate any plans for European orders...much obliged!

Thank you and just a to congratulate on a really fine looking product amongst all the plastic and pleather universe. Honestly, even if they don't sound like "Elves final lament for Gandalf" they are the most beautiful headphones I have ever seen and will be happy to own!

Cheers

Thanks. We handle Europe different in each country. France is unique as we have a Klipsch office and Klipsch Staff. In other countries we use distributors. If you message me about where you like to shop, I can ask the distributor if that retailer is planning to assort or direct you to an authorized online reseller (in the event of no brick and mortar retailer).

Sep 26, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #470 of 1,468
It will certainly be interesting to what or how a semi-open Fostex/Denon sounds, as I gather that this is essentially what the Klipsch is. Some early indications would appear to indicate a bulbous smooth signature from neutral. The Klipsch name has been around for a long time, making me anticipate something wonderful.

Sep 26, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #471 of 1,468
Any idea about eu pricing? I know klipsch has no power over tax policies and stuff but sometimes something that is fairly affordable in us ends up being quite expensive on eu. Like schiit amps that directly go for 1usd=1euro=1pound.

European headphones such as sennheiser and beyerdynamic cost about The same in eu and usa. So does China based hifiman, though slightly cheaper in the USA. Audeze is crazy expensive in eu not to mention mr.speaker after all the customs shipping etc.

So If 1000usd for klipsch ends up being 1500usd in europe it is a problem. I't has no price advantage over sennheiser hd800s and beyer T1. Japanese stax, and sony can also be had for allmost as cheap in eu as in USA.

I'm not saying klipsch can't be a good deal for 1500usd in eu but then it competes in a different class of headphones. Spend 40% less and get a good deal on focal elear or kennerton vali instead?

I hope klipsch will be available in eu for a reasonable Price too :)

Sep 26, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #472 of 1,468
Any idea about eu pricing? I know klipsch has no power over tax policies and stuff but sometimes something that is fairly affordable in us ends up being quite expensive on eu. Like schiit amps that directly go for 1usd=1euro=1pound.

European headphones such as sennheiser and beyerdynamic cost about The same in eu and usa. So does China based hifiman, though slightly cheaper in the USA. Audeze is crazy expensive in eu not to mention mr.speaker after all the customs shipping etc.

So If 1000usd for klipsch ends up being 1500usd in europe it is a problem. I't has no price advantage over sennheiser hd800s and beyer T1. Japanese stax, and sony can also be had for allmost as cheap in eu as in USA.

I'm not saying klipsch can't be a good deal for 1500usd in eu but then it competes in a different class of headphones. Spend 40% less and get a good deal on focal elear or kennerton vali instead?

I hope klipsch will be available in eu for a reasonable Price too :)

I don't know what motivates different manufacturers pricing schemes, but those prices are sometimes more close than they appear- In the EU the VAT is usually included in the list price but in the US it is listed without. If the Beyer appears to be the same price in EU and US, depending on where you live in the US it may actually cost more, though the individual US state sales tax rates are generally much lower.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #473 of 1,468
Sep 30, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #475 of 1,468
You need to learn the definition of personal attack.

You're doing it again, instead of being the adult and focusing on the product you're now trying to play the victim. You're making yourself look a fool. We're all just comsumers but you're here representing a company.

Nobody has made personal attacks, stop being a child. Their critism is fair, they're made in china abd that isn't going to appeal to some folk paying 1K here. This actually makes you look more guilty? Being incredibly defensive and aggressive.

I'm confident they'll sound good but many are not going to bother because because you're making yourself and your company look. Just seriously shut up before you ruin some things abd focus on your bloody product!

The consumer will ultimately decide.

Sep 30, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #476 of 1,468
I am finalizing a sponsor package with HeadFi this week. Once complete, I will be allowed to offer the preorder to this forum. We have something super cool, but Jude and I spoke and he just asked that I talk to his team before announcing it-completely respect that...

I am 100% certain you guys will love what we are going to do!!!!

Any word on this yet? Super interested in what's going on with them.

Oct 5, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #479 of 1,468
Klipsch has the HP-3 available for pre-order on their website but without a release date stated.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/hp-3-headphones

Hmmm, as someone who has been involved in this thread from the start a year ago, I have to admit, I find it to be very frustrating that they are available for preorder to the public before we got a chance to order them, as was implied we would more than once. Also, they are 200 dollars higher in price than what was stated as the price the last couple times it was brought up by Klipsch team members in this thread. This is the kind of thing which I really feel should have been addressed by a Klipsch team member such as @Musiqlovr before now.

Oct 5, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #480 of 1,468
http://www.klipsch.com/products/hp-3-headphones

Hmmm, as someone who has been involved in this thread from the start a year ago, I have to admit, I find it to be very frustrating that they are available for preorder to the public before we got a chance to order them, as was implied we would more than once. Also, they are 200 dollars higher in price than what was stated as the price the last couple times it was brought up by Klipsch team members in this thread. This is the kind of thing which I really feel should have been addressed by a Klipsch team member such as @Musiqlovr before now.
Looks like I may have opened a can of worms, didn't mean to. It could all be due to a lack of communication between marketing/sales and the development team.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back