Klipsch Custom-1 £17.99 at amazon now!
Nov 20, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #4 of 14
Ordered yesterday - received today! All this in spite of Amazon changing the shipping times on three occasions in the space of a day. Bizarre.

So far I've found them very bright (painfully so) and lacking in bass. The devil is in the fitting though, so I'll persevere.

I wonder how much these will change with burn in?

Nov 20, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #5 of 14
Damn, I can't order those! Amazone only ships inide the UK, they won't ship the Klipsch to the Netherlands.

Could a UK member order two and sent them forward to me?? I will pay in front with Paypal

Nov 21, 2008 at 8:42 AM Post #7 of 14
The brightness calms down a bit, they are bright phones. Fit is important as usual for bass , it is there but these are not for dance/hip hop fans. They are very good with Acoustic/vocal.

Nov 21, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by doomlordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The brightness calms down a bit, they are bright phones. Fit is important as usual for bass , it is there but these are not for dance/hip hop fans. They are very good with Acoustic/vocal.

I hope so - they definitely need smoothing out. I'm not overly worried about the bass. My Denon C751 fulfills all my bass needs.

Nov 21, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #10 of 14
At this price, I am very tempted.

How do the Custom-1's compare with the Denon C551?

Blaizefm, by bright, do you mean Grado style? I currently have a pair of SR80s which I really like, but obviously not practical for every day use/on bus etc.

Nov 21, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffy1207 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they'd pair well with the denon's i'm ordering later then, but i have no more £££.

Hope the sale lasts a while.

me 2, im a little broke right now myself.

Nov 21, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
me 2, im a little broke right now myself.

If it lasts another week or two I'll be able to get them, but I seriously doubt it.

The thing is, you'd probably make a profit on them too if you re-sell them after a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back