Kit for KGBH (Blue Hawaii) amp
Nov 26, 2008 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

starcat

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I have sourced all components and parts necessary to build the KGBH according to HeadWize - Project: Blue Hawaii Hybrid Electrostatic Amplifier for Stax Omega II Headphones by Kevin Gilmore but unfortunately I don't see me having the time for bulding this premium class amp. Anyone interested in getting all the parts including the custom toroid and transformers, matched Mullard tubes quad, all hard to find transistors, Neutrik XLR connectors, custom big heatsinks, original Stax SRC-5 connector, etc, etc, please drop me an email.

Thanks much!

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 12
If you click on the schematics, it is an updated version (includes compensation caps on the tubes) but I actually have everything according to the schematics for the new KGBH SE which would be v2 and is a very small diff compared to what is on the page (the current source include two transistors instead of 12x 2SA1968) and those compensation caps added to v1 (KGBH). I would give full instructions, no problem.

Dec 15, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #5 of 12
confused_face(1).gif
frown.gif
confused.gif
frown.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #7 of 12
Sorry guys, I decided against selling those parts, as I would have to answer to many question and invest probably more time than completing this wonderful amp myself. Sorry again!

Dec 16, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #8 of 12
Guess its about time you start building the KGBH then...
wink.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by starcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry guys, I decided against selling those parts, as I would have to answer to many question and invest probably more time than completing this wonderful amp myself. Sorry again!

I just asked how much...
wink_face.gif

Good luck on the build - then, welcome to the club. Btw, need a quad of xf2?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #10 of 12
Was there an addendum thread posted regarding these modifications? I see no compensation caps when clicking on the schematics in the article. Nor do I see part numbers for these replacement transistors.

Dec 17, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #12 of 12
I bought 5 matched pairs, and some strays - lucked out with two matched quads, and a quad totally unmatched (which will keep the amp from coming on). I also have a matched quad of JJ, xf3, and some kt77 (guys, that is an experience I cannot recommend).

Like everyone else - all were chased down on eBay, half purchased locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back