Kinki Studio Vision THR-1
Feb 17, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #151 of 320
Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #152 of 320
For Planars this rule about impedance is not relevant I think. LOW output is intended for use with sensitive lower impedance HPs.
For me it was really noticeable, at least for the D8000 Pro, using the high SE output the bass disappeared, it wasn't listenable at all :joy:

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #153 of 320
For me it was really noticeable, at least for the D8000 Pro, using the high SE output the bass disappeared, it wasn't listenable at all :joy:
Bass was not the only problem here unfortunately, but I've not tried that one, that's true! But I'm not used to use SE outputs anymore! :D

The only difference between Phone3 (also labeled Low) and outputs Phone1 and Phone2 is that 1 and 2 have a 50-ohm output impedance, while Phone3 has a 100-ohm output impedance.

from here: https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/i...hr-1-headphone-amplifier&catid=363&Itemid=444

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #154 of 320
Bass was not the only problem here unfortunately, but I've not tried that one, that's true! But I'm not used to use SE outputs anymore! :D

The only difference between Phone3 (also labeled Low) and outputs Phone1 and Phone2 is that 1 and 2 have a 50-ohm output impedance, while Phone3 has a 100-ohm output impedance.

from here: https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/i...hr-1-headphone-amplifier&catid=363&Itemid=444
Yeah, I completely understand what you mean haha

I have been reading Susvara users for almost a year already and I know the THR-1 ain't never going to be end game. I'm sure evn your heavily modified H20 won't satisfy you 100% with the Susvaras :kissing_closed_eyes:

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #155 of 320

I have been reading Susvara users for almost a year already and I know the THR-1 ain't never going to be end game. I'm sure evn your heavily modified H20 won't satisfy you 100% with the Susvaras :kissing_closed_eyes:
Jose amigo :) I "know" you from Arya thread :) I agree about H20, next step will be CFA3 hopefully, until than H20 must do it for me! haha... :)

Feb 28, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #156 of 320

Another example of how we hear different lol. I could easily live with the Thr-1/M2 Tech Young Mkiv VGMkII -> Susvara as end game. We'll see though, I have a Volot on the way but so far Im completely in love with Thr-1 and hear none of the complaints others have with it :)

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #157 of 320
I thought I could live with THR-1 too but I gave a try to Feliks Elise, it was very good but with stock tubes it was similar to THR-1 but 90% less of watts, so I sold it

Now let me tell you, when I received the Cayin HA-6A it was jaw dropping, the resolution, detail, speed, dynamics and soundstage... The forwarded and creamy midrange with a headphone like the D8000 Pro with a V (recessed midrange) frequency response just make the listening experience wonderful and amazing

Let me know when you receive the Volot :wink:

P.D.: I love the THR-1

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #158 of 320
Yeah, it's not the final authority on resolution but I've compared it to some good amps, iCan Pro Signature, Taurus Mkii ( lacked no technicalities besides some slam) Heron 5, and still preferred Kinki. I hear my Thr-1 so differently than others above hear I wonder if we are listening to the same amp. Mine sounds very detailed, great slam, great soundstage great separation.. not sure what's going on, but I've heard great set ups and this is the best overall I've ever enjoyed. We'll see if that changes with Volot

Feb 28, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #159 of 320
Yeah, it's not the final authority on resolution but I've compared it to some good amps, iCan Pro Signature, Taurus Mkii ( lacked no technicalities besides some slam) Heron 5, and still preferred Kinki. I hear my Thr-1 so differently than others above hear I wonder if we are listening to the same amp. Mine sounds very detailed, great slam, great soundstage great separation.. not sure what's going on, but I've heard great set ups and this is the best overall I've ever enjoyed. We'll see if that changes with Volot
Yeah I completely agree, the THR-1 gives a musicality hard to attain on a SS device, it is like a sweet tube amp, it doesn't scream, everything sounds polite and gentle haha, you can understand what I mean if you own the device!

Feb 28, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #160 of 320
Yeah I completely agree, the THR-1 gives a musicality hard to attain on a SS device, it is like a sweet tube amp, it doesn't scream, everything sounds polite and gentle haha, you can understand what I mean if you own the device!

It could come down to system synergy and music differences, afterall our systems are all different, our music taste are perhaps different, and most importantly our ears aren't the same, so it can be widely variable in our preferences :)

Mar 2, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #161 of 320
It could come down to system synergy and music differences, afterall our systems are all different, our music taste are perhaps different, and most importantly our ears aren't the same, so it can be widely variable in our preferences :)
I'm really curious about your conclusion/opinion about Volot.

Mar 2, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #162 of 320
I'm really curious about your conclusion/opinion about Volot.

I will let you know for sure, it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, can't wait to hear if it can beat Kinki ( for me)

If not, I think I'll sell it and be done with amps, I already preferred it to others, most recently iCan Pro Signature, so we'll see :)

Mar 2, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #163 of 320
I will let you know for sure, it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, can't wait to hear if it can beat Kinki ( for me)

If not, I think I'll sell it and be done with amps, I already preferred it to others, most recently iCan Pro Signature, so we'll see :)
Volot is an incredible amp from technical point, it looks very interesting, but I've not heard it :frowning2: Stepped attenuation and remote control with powerful power supply, really nice advanced build. I've considered to buy one.

Mar 20, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #165 of 320
Hi. Could I ask if some people who have owned the THR-1 for a few months or more can share how you find the amp after the honeymoon period? and even better if anyone is driving a Susvara with the THR-1. I still cannot find a definitive answer if it is a good amp for the Sus. I see some mention that the Soloist 3XP is also a good amp for the Sus but I can confirm that for the Sus it is just ok, not fantastic. For the Empy and HD650 I found it to be a fantastic headamp but I ultimately sold it. So I am really looking for honest feedback how the THR-1 handles the Sus..?

I delayed my purchase of the THR-1 to add a Power Plant and a Zotl MZ2 tube/preamp to my chain. I really wanted to clean up my power and add some tube warmth into the mix. Both are fantastic upgrades and I'm very happy with these decisions. I'm now planning to get more serious about the THR-1... but only if it can drive the Sus properly.

My primary use case will be for the Sus with the THR-1 as poweramp and the Zotl MZ2 as pre, but I am also interested to hear again how the THR-1 drives the Sus on its own as well. So... the question is, can the THR-1 bring out the best the Sus has to offer (or close enough to its best) or would I still need to listen through the speaker taps on my integrated (which thankfully sounds pretty fantastic with the Sus)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back