KingSound KS-H3?
Apr 4, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #151 of 204
  I am looking for a bit of help.

I am thinking about the KS-H2 headphones to try some electrostatics but am not sure what to do about driving it.  I dont want the M10, it's a little out of my budget range (the H2's are really cheap).  Is there something more affordable to try these headphones out on?  What about something like the SRD-4 if it has the pro-bias 5 pin output?  Thanks for the help, I have always wanted to try some electrostatics!

Look at the M-03 portable?

http://www.kingsaudio.com.hk/m03.html

http://headfonics.com/2017/02/the-m-03-ks-h4-electrostatic-system-by-kingsound/2/

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #152 of 204
I would go with the Stax SRM252 over the Kingsound.  It's cheaper, and you can pick up a used one for around $250.  In both the Stax and Kingsound you are limited by the relatively low current available in a portable (no room for big heatsinks).  Having seen the schematics of both Kingsound and Stax desktop amps, I think Stax has better designs.

Jun 20, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #154 of 204
Hi all, Im looking into buying the Kingsound H3s. I already have a star system (L300 and arm 252 amp). I was wondering in the H3s will work with the srm 252 amp?

Should work, the bias voltage and jacks are compatible. The main limitation of the 252 is its low current capability, which limits how loudly it can play, but for many, perhaps most, people that is not an issue.

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #155 of 204
Should work, the bias voltage and jacks are compatible. The main limitation of the 252 is its low current capability, which limits how loudly it can play, but for many, perhaps most, people that is not an issue.

+1

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jun 21, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #156 of 204
Thanks for the reply. The stax have a voltage of 580 and Kingsound 550, as far as I'm aware they are both pro bias (5pin). SO in theory they should work, I'm still unsure if I should pull the plug though, in the fear of breaking either the SRM 252 of Kingsound H3. Im getting the H3's second for pretty cheap, but still... If any one else could confirm the two are compatible that would be lovely. Thank you again for the reply :)

Jul 9, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #158 of 204
I am thinking about getting the H-03/M-10 out of the closet. Have been busy and practically headphone-less for well over a year, consigned to computer-fi: Monk Plus earbuds, the 1More Quads and of course the Martin Logan Mikros 90.

Jul 11, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #159 of 204
I currently am rocking H-03 with iESL and iCAN Pro (both by iFi Audio) and, as HE-1000 owner, I have to say that I'm impressed. These cans obviously aren't for every type of music out there, but when real instruments come into play, the outcome is great; very mellow, smooth and tangible in general. Bass has additive value, it's not overbearing at all and highs are exceptionally smooth and resolving. The iFi/Kingsound setup is very relaxing, posh so to speak. Some audience might want more bass oomph for instance, or more direct approach in general. But subjectively the sound I'm getting is very refined and likable.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Aug 5, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #163 of 204
Finally got the Kingsound H-03/M-10 combo out of the closet and up-and-running.

Streaming (Lenovo G50-->AQ Jitterbug-->USB Disruptor/DaBigGenius-->Emotiva Little Ego dac-->Ted's Headfood UPOCC copper* 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable-->KS M-10 w/MAC power cable-->KS H-03);

Kraftwerk ("The Robots", Headphone Surround 3-D mix) and it sounds "eerily" good. I am giving the SR-507 another go as well (the Stax should be coming in next week).

"Autobahn" is engrossing in its front-to-back and side-to-side dimensional shifts. Bass (with no boost) is flat, deep and fast.

Gary Burton, "Reunion" with Pat Metheny. Replaced the Magnetic Floater vibration absorber feet with mryrtle wood blocks** and everything sounds much better (the M-10 is oriented horizontally). Gary Burton's vibes solo gives way to Mitchel Forman's excellent piano slot on the title cut.

KingSound provides a worthy rendition of "Origin", featuring Metheny on acoustic guitar.

[Ultimately opted for Ted's UPOCC silver hook-up cable* and Herbie's gabon ebony footers** underneath the M-10 for best sound.]

Glad I got these back out! :o2smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back