King of Dorks
Nov 16, 2002 at 1:35 PM Post #31 of 53
So THIS is why noone wants to trade for my HD280. Curse you Lobstersan, they look pretty good in the packshot pictures, now everyone knows their dark secret...
frown.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 1:40 PM Post #32 of 53
Besides some of us are using these for work, keeps co-workers at bay
smily_headphones1.gif

biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 3:57 PM Post #33 of 53
I'm disappointed... this thread has already gotten to page 2 w/o LobsterSan getting a custom title from it? Somebody go wake up jude...
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2002 at 4:23 PM Post #34 of 53
Custom Title...

Lord of the 280 Dorks...one can to control them, and in the darkness bind them!

Nov 16, 2002 at 10:23 PM Post #36 of 53
Quote:

posted by kin3tix: that's because nobody is wearing them in that pic!

Yes, that's my point.
biggrin.gif

Later

Nov 17, 2002 at 6:42 AM Post #38 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by dokebi
People stare because they are envious.
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL, riiiiiight, keep telling yourself that
tongue.gif

btw, inspired by pigmode's headphoneus supremus thread , lobstersan is now proclaimed as headphoneus dorkus
biggrin.gif

hey lobster, you've posted this odd picture telling us about how dorky looking they are, but you haven't commented anything about their sound yet!
wink.gif

Nov 17, 2002 at 7:29 AM Post #39 of 53
Well, I'm still burning them in diligently. I believe I'm up to about the 35 hour mark, which is where some have said they felt burn in time was enough for the HD280's. I'm going to take them up to the 100 hr mark, for completeness sake though. So far, I've noticed an increase in bass response since first getting them. To me, certain tracks have a good amount of bass, and plenty of extension so far. I kind of like the balanced sound that these cans give... no real emphasis in one part of the spectrum compared to another. It can take a little getting used to if you are a basshead or are used to cans with a little more bass punch, but I feel like the HD280's will work for me. As it stands, I do not feel like they lack in the bass department as others have commented. But then again, I have not heard the DT770's. I feel that they will work especially well for the role that I am assigning them -- as monitoring headphones.

Oh, and they isolate pretty well -- but they do not completely wipe out everything (especially lower tones). Compared to when I tried the MDR-V6's, the HD280's definitely give more isolation. The comparison factor for me on this was that I cannot hear people talking to me from 5 ft. away with the Senn HD280's but I could with the MDR-V6. One of the reasons I opted to try out the HD280's was because I was hoping to use them on the airplane to cut out some of that low rumble... but I think I am going to have to get some ety's to do that more effectively.

In the comfort department, the headband could be a little uncomfortable. It is very flat, and kind of pushed down on top of my head. My girlfriend commented that she felt like it was clamping her head (so it's not just a looks thing... they feel kind of vice-like too). But I foresee them getting more comfortable as I use them more (as in, the cans will probably stretch and flex a bit with time).

Nov 17, 2002 at 2:08 PM Post #42 of 53
here's a coup d'etat for u... mwahaha...

Nov 17, 2002 at 6:02 PM Post #43 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by kin3tix
lobstersan, your next mission: can you take a pic with THOSE on?
biggrin.gif

Oh my....

I might have to take a trip to Wisconsin next time I go home to Chicago. Hmm... Koss earclips... If they used the KSC35/50/55 drivers... they might just sound good too!

*EDIT*

Scratch that -- the pic shows they obviously are not the ksc35 drivers.

Nov 17, 2002 at 6:36 PM Post #45 of 53
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
Oh my....

I might have to take a trip to Wisconsin next time I go home to Chicago. Hmm... Koss earclips... If they used the KSC35/50/55 drivers... they might just sound good too!

*EDIT*

Scratch that -- the pic shows they obviously are not the ksc35 drivers.

The *EDIT* is right. The "cheesephones" are actually the KSC-19 earbudclips in a cheese-shaped housing. And the sound quality from the KSC-19 is, well, meh. (In other words, nothing special.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back