• A&K SP1000

• Lotoo Paw Gold

• Ibasso Dx200Ti

• Lp6Ti

• Cowon P2 MKII

• A&K SP2000

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 17, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #31 of 221
I agree. Heres ny N8 after I dropped it once in the train and once on the sidewalk. On the sidewalk it fell and slid 12 feet.
That hurts to look at, but at the same time... that’s it? What a tank.

Dec 17, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #34 of 221
Understood but people tends to vote for the device they own and love, not based on rumor they hear about certain device.
I agree, but thats really one dimensional thinking. This is an open format thread where you can vote for the one you think/know is the holy grail. Subjective, facts, experiences, whatever. It’s a safe place to debate, share, and question. Fair amount of diversity in here outside of their dedicated threads where ppl can cross compare w/ people who actually own them. We’re all here to help each other out right?

Dec 18, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #35 of 221
I’ve voted for the DX208TI, although I’ve not heard the A&K, LPG, LP6 so this could possibly change if I ever get round to listening to them.
When I did have a listen to the 1Z/N8 the N8 was the one I preferred of the two but certainly not enough for me to want to change from the Ti, especially with the choice of Amp modules, mods and regular firmware updates. Also amp 9 (tube) set to be released soon, one more thing that never fails to impress me is the great customer service that @Paul - iBasso consistently delivers.
All this within the DX200Ti package, for me personally makes it a winner.
Having said all this, with all this great competition there is a player for everyone.....

Dec 18, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #36 of 221
I’ve voted for the DX208TI, although I’ve not heard the A&K, LPG, LP6 so this could possibly change if I ever get round to listening to them.
When I did have a listen to the 1Z/N8 the N8 was the one I preferred of the two but certainly not enough for me to want to change from the Ti, especially with the choice of Amp modules, mods and regular firmware updates. Also amp 9 (tube) set to be released soon, one more thing that never fails to impress me is the great customer service that @Paul - iBasso consistently delivers.
Having said all this, with all this great competition there is a player for everyone.....
yes sir! must be nice owning that Ti, now where can i get one? lol

Dec 18, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #37 of 221
What style of music you use to come up with your insightful opinion ?

Dec 18, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #39 of 221
I can’t really post an opinion as I have not heard that many DAPs on the list. I will chime in on the 1Z vs 1A comparisons as I have had both for a year.

The 1A is truly the value. The feel and operational pace is fantastic. Though to describe the tone would be to call it unequivocally flat. It gets super loud and seems to blend with a whole range of IEMs and headphones. In my opinion though the upgrade to firmware 3.0 didn’t help the 1A in any way. It’s tone with firmware 2.0 was perfect, but 3.0 took it to a slightly cooler place. When your sound design goal calls for flat, the midrange starts to win revealing detail, as just a fact of life. IMO

The Sony 1Z offers the same power output as the 1A but the soundstage is slightly more upfront-back-behind and foreword. When you think about this thickness of soundstage then add a slight treble and bass boost, the overall effect is tremendous. Though in reality it’s just a 10-20% increase in sound quality, if you can even quantify such things?

The 1Z offers a slight V boost over the relatively flat 1A.

I don’t really look at the 1Z as warm and I definitely don’t look at the 1A as cool. If you heard them back to back at a store the difference would seem marginal, but after ownership the differences are pretty big. They were made to sound complementary and they do.

If they were both the same price I would choose the 1Z as in the end the sound is more engaging and emotional. Still when I listen to the 1A I always tell myself that it’s all I would ever need. The Sony battery life is great as well as the software is simple and fluid.

Folks on this list ARE going to defend what they own, why wouldn’t they? But I feel we get used to what we own, become endeared to the DAP and get used to the tone over time. I would be surprised if anyone comes up with drastic opinions in comparison. We live in great times for personal audio.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #40 of 221
The 1A is truly the value. .
Indeed, I have the same thought. Pairing with the right IEM and cables and hi-res, really enjoy the wide sound stage, music instrument separation.

Haven't listened to other DAP though. I still prefer non-Android OS DAP. Having bad experience with sluggish GUI and control after several firmware update... it could be isolated case never the less.

Dec 18, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #41 of 221
1AF76331-45ED-472D-A5AC-B9EC63F87094.jpeg
98D3BF56-05FA-4CE8-A71F-67E3B287AEBA.jpeg
Indeed, I have the same thought. Pairing with the right IEM and cables and hi-res, really enjoy the wide sound stage, music instrument separation.

Haven't listened to other DAP though. I still prefer non-Android OS DAP. Having bad experience with sluggish GUI and control after several firmware update... it could be isolated case never the less.

The 1A not being on this questionnaire list is actually normal. The 1A is always overshadowed by the 1Z. Overshadowed to the point people wonder what’s wrong with it. This must be how the human mind works?

But in the long run there is probably more 1A DAPs out there, hence a lot talk about them. When you take away the extra bass from the 1Z the 1A ends up offering a faster response, and the bass comes off darn right silky and sexy! IMO

At times I can’t get over how smooth the 1A is. Though I have to admit balanced is the way to go for most of my gear. But I differ in that a lot of my listening is regular 16/44.1 or even 320 kbps. :wink:

But I must admit I’m in daily surprise with awesomeness called the 1A.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back