Kim Jong Il is dead...
Dec 19, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #31 of 66
Dec 20, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #34 of 66
The only sad thing is that Kim Jong Il was never held to account for what he did.  He got away with it.

Though the greatest risk is probably a botched transition where factions disagree and the, apparently, barely functioning country grinds to a halt.  If people aren't eating, they will probably flood into China and SK.

It'd be a mess.  Not war, but a monster relief mission and sorting a new government between China, Japan, SK, and the US would be another mess.

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #35 of 66
I saw a documentary on NK a while back, people worship their leader all day, get sent to prison camps for little to no reason.

You know what i always wanted to see, in between both countries they usually have these guards who just stand and stare each other down all day
very_evil_smiley.gif
Would be great if someone made some kind of comedy skit and posted it on youtube.

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #36 of 66
I have a few friends who actually stood guard at the North-South Korean border. Yep they stare at each another without saying a word all day. I can't imagine how someone would come up with a comedy skit for that, though...

Quote:
I saw a documentary on NK a while back, people worship their leader all day, get sent to prison camps for little to no reason.

You know what i always wanted to see, in between both countries they usually have these guards who just stand and stare each other down all day
very_evil_smiley.gif
Would be great if someone made some kind of comedy skit and posted it on youtube.

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #37 of 66

Quote:

you do realise in Korean, there is no 'r' sound theres only 'l' sound. Thats why my mum sometimes accidentally say 'l' instead in 'r' in English. its the opposite of Chinese people.

speaking of Chinese people (this relates to communism a bit), no offence to any Chinese people but i hate Chinese people that are educated in China. I don't blame them because i know the sort of education they receive in Chinese schools, i went to school in China from kindergarten to year 4. Then i went to NZ and now I'm in Australia now. (I'm Korean)

I was brainwashed as FU*K when i was in china, teachers taught us stuff like: "China is the greatest country on Earth" "Don't buy Japanese stuff you are giving them money" etc, typical Chinese sh!*. I absolutely HATED, when i say HATED i meant HATED Japanese people for no reason, when you are told something since you are little virtually everyday, you believe it. And i thought i was lucky to be China LOL

Chinese kids at our school pisses everyone off so much, they always talk about how great country is, they think things are made in China because they are more reliable LOL. When they are a country without basic human rights, and the government doesn't care about welfare of their people as long as they make money and the Chinese government supports NK's leadership because the Chinese doesn't want US and SK influence up their border if unification happens. They choose 'thousands of people dying' > 'US and SK influence'

I don't blame them cause i know what they are taught and their parents are probably like that as well, but just saying. They make LITERALLY all the bad asian stereotypes. Everyone at our school hates Chinese people

Thats enough about Chinese people, i hope the new leader (who was educated in Europe when he was little) is a bit better than Kim Jong Il 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16134647  Illegally fishing and then stab a coastguard?? only from a Chinese...you should see the videos of coastguard trying to catch Chinese illegal fisherman, Illegal fishermen literally throws knives and hits coastguards with shovels, even though Korean coastguards are equipped with guns, they don't shoot cause they don't want to kill anyone. 

You should see the comments about those articles, Chinese people comments on it saying 'Korean coastguard carry gun!! I THINK IT SERF DEFENCE!!' LOL

sorry about my rage about Chinese people....even though most of my points are true...

EDIT: when i say 'my school' i mean the school in Adelaide

Dec 20, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #38 of 66
As I South Korean I absolutely agree with what you say. Some people may call me racist, but I hate China for pretty much the same reason you mentioned. I'm not saying the Chinese race is genetically inferior (that would be Nazi's way of thinking), but it's their shameless attitude... I do have several friends from China and though I don't hate them personally, even they agreed that their country is a problem indeed.

You may say "you can't blame them because they've been taught and brainwashed," but that does not justify the way they harass other neighboring countries. A lot, I mean a lot of Koreans here are really angry at the Chinese for the coast guard incident lately. When our government took this issue to the Chinese government, their ambassadors simply sad "we're troubled that such thing happened," but has neither made a formal apology nor ensured us that something like that won't happen again. A couple years ago something similar happened, and nothing has changed. And it's not just about the coast guard incident, that's only the tip of the iceberg compared to what China has done to Korea for all these years... they proudly claim that the Chinese are a superior race to Koreans and that Korea, like many countries in the past, should be better off as one of China's provinces then as an independent country.

I don't believe that a race is superior or inferior to another in terms of genetics. But I do believe some groups of people (be it a local region, country, or an ethnic group) tends to behave (overall) in ways that degrade their human moral characters. Sure you can say "not everyone behaves like that," but if a lot of people behave as such then you can't blame one for having stereotypical prejudices against a particular group of people. I think that's enough said.

Quote:
you do realise in Korean, there is no 'r' sound theres only 'l' sound. Thats why my mum sometimes accidentally say 'l' instead in 'r' in English. its the opposite of Chinese people.

speaking of Chinese people (this relates to communism a bit), no offence to any Chinese people but i hate Chinese people that are educated in China. I don't blame them because i know the sort of education they receive in Chinese schools, i went to school in China from kindergarten to year 4. Then i went to NZ and now I'm in Australia now. (I'm Korean)

I was brainwashed as FU*K when i was in china, teachers taught us stuff like: "China is the greatest country on Earth" "Don't buy Japanese stuff you are giving them money" etc, typical Chinese sh!*. I absolutely HATED, when i say HATED i meant HATED Japanese people for no reason, when you are told something since you are little virtually everyday, you believe it. And i thought i was lucky to be China LOL

Chinese kids at our school pisses everyone off so much, they always talk about how great country is, they think things are made in China because they are more reliable LOL. When they are a country without basic human rights, and the government doesn't care about welfare of their people as long as they make money and the Chinese government supports NK's leadership because the Chinese doesn't want US and SK influence up their border if unification happens. They choose 'thousands of people dying' > 'US and SK influence'

I don't blame them cause i know what they are taught and their parents are probably like that as well, but just saying. They make LITERALLY all the bad asian stereotypes. Everyone at our school hates Chinese people

Thats enough about Chinese people, i hope the new leader (who was educated in Europe when he was little) is a bit better than Kim Jong Il 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16134647  Illegally fishing and then stab a coastguard?? only from a Chinese...you should see the videos of coastguard trying to catch Chinese illegal fisherman, Illegal fishermen literally throws knives and hits coastguards with shovels, even though Korean coastguards are equipped with guns, they don't shoot cause they don't want to kill anyone. 

You should see the comments about those articles, Chinese people comments on it saying 'Korean coastguard carry gun!! I THINK IT SERF DEFENCE!!' LOL

sorry about my rage about Chinese people....even though most of my points are true...

EDIT: when i say 'my school' i mean the school in Adelaide

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #39 of 66

Quote:
As I South Korean I absolutely agree with what you say. Some people may call me racist, but I hate China for pretty much the same reason you mentioned. I'm not saying the Chinese race is genetically inferior (that would be Nazi's way of thinking), but it's their shameless attitude... I do have several friends from China and though I don't hate them personally, even they agreed that their country is a problem indeed.

You may say "you can't blame them because they've been taught and brainwashed," but that does not justify the way they harass other neighboring countries. A lot, I mean a lot of Koreans here are really angry at the Chinese for the coast guard incident lately. When our government took this issue to the Chinese government, their ambassadors simply sad "we're troubled that such thing happened," but has neither made a formal apology nor ensured us that something like that won't happen again. A couple years ago something similar happened, and nothing has changed. And it's not just about the coast guard incident, that's only the tip of the iceberg compared to what China has done to Korea for all these years... they proudly claim that the Chinese are a superior race to Koreans and that Korea, like many countries in the past, should be better off as one of China's provinces then as an independent country.

I don't believe that a race is superior or inferior to another in terms of genetics. But I do believe some groups of people (be it a local region, country, or an ethnic group) tends to behave (overall) in ways that degrade their human moral characters. Sure you can say "not everyone behaves like that," but if a lot of people behave as such then you can't blame one for having stereotypical prejudices against a particular group of people. I think that's enough said.

I feel similarly about a lot of americans. Just saying.

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #40 of 66

Quote:
As long as you don't look at him and think that's communism because that's not true communism. That's an oppressive dictatorship. In a communist society no one should go hungry.

Funny thing, in my study of history, it seems that hunger is communism's handmaid.

A study of one of those "night view" world maps makes South Korea look like an island of light because North Korea is so dark.  I think that just about says it all.

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #41 of 66

Quote:
Funny thing, in my study of history, it seems that hunger is communism's handmaid.

A study of one of those "night view" world maps makes South Korea look like an island of light because North Korea is so dark.  I think that just about says it all.

There has never been a true communist country. Every one which has existed has been a lie.

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #44 of 66

Quote:
And America is not a true Democracy.  

There has never been a true democracy either and the closest we ever got was the founding of the usa in 1776.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back