Killer Sale!
Oct 31, 2008 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Tyll Hertsens

Garmentus Vulgaris & Headphoneus Supremus
Member of the Trade: Innerfidelity
Just a heads up: we're going to be putting Maxs, Homes and Ultra Micros on sale. The Ultra Micros w/sale price are up now, Maxs and Homes soon. Quantities will be somewhat limited (there's less than 10 each of the Max and Home--and then they will be discontinued
eek.gif
). The sale will be over on/before Thanksgiving.

If you're interested in the Home or Max you may want to call in NOW and let someone know----I think the prices will be around $1000 less than normal.

Nov 1, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 29
Hey Tyll,
If School were not apologizing for my wallet I know you would be. Oh I wish I had money to spare, oh well, I guess I'll just have to make due with the micro stack and HD650/Se530s, life is rough.
Happy Tunes!

Nov 1, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #3 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quantities will be somewhat limited (there's less than 10 each of the Max and Home--and then they will be discontinued
eek.gif
). The sale will be over on/before Thanksgiving. ...

Hi Tyll, does this also mean a redesign of the Desktop line is imminent and those might be on sale soon as well?
Thanks!

Nov 3, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by USAudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Tyll, does this also mean a redesign of the Desktop line is imminent and those might be on sale soon as well?
Thanks!

No. In fact, to be perfectly clear: we are discontinuing the Max because we believe we've drawn all the Goodness of the Max into our other product lines (one last little step here).

It is now time to discontinue the Max and begin working on the next generation of flagship product. The new Max will be a discrete output amp, but it will be much more than that. However, it will also be two or three years away.

A redesigned Desktop product line is probably a year or two subsequent to that.

The current sale is just to clear out the Home/Max inventory befor the end of the year.

The current sale on Ultra Micros is just because, well, we're nice guys and we just roll like that.

(Naw, we just want to bump up sales a bit before the holiday season starts and go into the new year at well controlled inventory levels.)

So, go ahead and order, you won't be kicking yourself later on this one.

Nov 4, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #5 of 29
Hey everyone, Sorry if this is thread hijacking but if the home/max balanced amps will be no more, will this mean that there will be no more headroom balanced amps with pre-out? (or will the new stand alone dac maybe have balanced pre-outs)? As I understand it the non-balanced desktop can be fitted out with the max modules, but the balanced desktop cannot have the max modules and also cannot have the pre-out, wont htis leave a gap between the balanced/unbalanced line up?
Thanks in advance for any information,
Greetings, Anouk,

Nov 4, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #7 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wont htis leave a gap between the balanced/unbalanced line up?

Yup.

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #8 of 29
Oh dear. I was gonna get the micro DAC but with the ultra micro only $100 more... wait until my next paycheque clears.
biggrin.gif

How are the inventory levels on those?

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh dear. I was gonna get the micro DAC but with the ultra micro only $100 more... wait until my next paycheque clears.
biggrin.gif

How are the inventory levels on those?

It's touch and go. The trick here is to reduce inventory but not have to reorder parts until next year. We know we're going in a little heavy on Ultra Micro boards so we want to reduce stock, but we also can't reduce stock to the point where we'll run out during the Christmas/tax return season (Dec-Feb/Mar).

The sale is working, maybe a bit too well, I'd not delay if I were you, at this point we're considering not sending out a newsletter on it and not letting run 'til Thanksgiving. But I have no idea when it'll be turned of, we'll have to let t run another week before we begin to know what, exactly, to do.

Again, I'd order soon if you think you want an Ultra Amp and/or DAC.

Nov 5, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

It's touch and go. The trick here is to reduce inventory but not have to reorder parts until next year. We know we're going in a little heavy on Ultra Micro boards so we want to reduce stock, but we also can't reduce stock to the point where we'll run out during the Christmas/tax return season (Dec-Feb/Mar).

The sale is working, maybe a bit too well, I'd not delay if I were you, at this point we're considering not sending out a newsletter on it and not letting run 'til Thanksgiving. But I have no idea when it'll be turned of, we'll have to let t run another week before we begin to know what, exactly, to do.

Can you hold one till tomorrow.
wink.gif
??!?

Nov 5, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

I'll add that we've sold-out of all the Ultra Micro DACs we had on the shelf; that item now appears 'out-of-stock' for about 4-5 business days until we manufacture another batch... Moreover, we show several pending back-orders awaiting the next run of Ultra Micro DACs -- so its definitely a very hot seller!
icon10.gif

I don't think we'll be able to make it anywhere near Thanksgiving for the Ultra Micro on-sale duration -- so i'd probably lean towards pulling the trigger asap, ya'll!
very_evil_smiley.gif

CHEERS,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Nov 6, 2008 at 1:34 PM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll add that we've sold-out of all the Ultra Micro DACs we had on the shelf; that item now appears 'out-of-stock' for about 4-5 business days until we manufacture another batch... Moreover, we show several pending back-orders awaiting the next run of Ultra Micro DACs -- so its definitely a very hot seller!
icon10.gif

I don't think we'll be able to make it anywhere near Thanksgiving for the Ultra Micro on-sale duration -- so i'd probably lean towards pulling the trigger asap, ya'll!
very_evil_smiley.gif

CHEERS,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

I've just placed my order.
biggrin.gif
Seriously good price for it, no wonder they're selling like hotcakes.

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which probably means there will be something coming up to fill that gap?

Augie.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back