Kierland- Scottsdale Mini Meet- June27th
Jun 10, 2015 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

gurus

1000+ Head-Fier
Date: June 27th, 2015
Time: 2:00pm,
Place: Kierland, Scottsdale.

It looks like there is enough interest to get a mini meet going. If you like to attend please confirm your presence and the equipment you intend to bring.

Attendance would be restricted to about a dozen or so. Please give your feedback to whether you would be interested in some food and drinks in a patio area next to the pool away from the meet space. For that I would need to reserve the bar and kitchen area.

Jun 10, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 72
Count me in. I have two extension cords, each 15 feet long, with a 4-outlet box. They were used at the last meet. I can bring them if it will help.

I can bring the HE1k's, HD800's, LCD-3's, Eddie Current Balancing Act, Wyred 4 Sound DAC2, PS Audio Powerplant Premier.

I also have a Decware CSP2+/Taboo II combo. 

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #4 of 72
I'd love to join.  will be my first meet.  
I'll round out the selection with my IEM's: FAD Heaven VIII, FX850, and SE846.  My Legend Omegas won't be in by then, unless Jack totally hooks me up.
I have my E7 Soundblaster amp which is a basic amp with cool features and my macbook.  I'm very stoked to finally hear some over-ears and see if they're enough to convert me from an IEM guy.
Are you talking about the Westin Kierland? 

Jun 11, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #6 of 72
I'm in as well.  I'll bring modded HE-6, Alpha Dogs, Project Ember, JK Ciunas Dac.  I'll need to hook up to someone's computer as the Ciunas is USB only.  Is there Wifi available?  I usually use Spotify as it's a great way for people to hear songs that they know (the quality is not that bad for the type of music I listen to).

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #7 of 72
Yes there is WiFi available.

I will have my notebook (as a source) so we will figure something out.

And there are two extra AC outlets built into the table that I had missed + another one so a total of five.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #8 of 72
  I'm in as well.  I'll bring modded HE-6, Alpha Dogs, Project Ember, JK Ciunas Dac.  I'll need to hook up to someone's computer as the Ciunas is USB only.  Is there Wifi available?  I usually use Spotify as it's a great way for people to hear songs that they know (the quality is not that bad for the type of music I listen to).

I wont bring my laptop since you guys are, just my equipment, but we can use my Tidal account.. not sure what the thoughts are of it on this forum... but its much higher quality than spotify :D and has 90% of the songs.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #9 of 72
  I wont bring my laptop since you guys are, just my equipment, but we can use my Tidal account.. not sure what the thoughts are of it on this forum... but its much higher quality than spotify :D and has 90% of the songs.

Just for giggles I took the Tidal high fidelity test and got 5 out of 5 correct.  I haven't really used it that much but the artists that I looked up weren't there.  I'll have to try again.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #10 of 72
Yea my friend used his apple headphones and couldn't tell so he blew it off hahaha. Try the HD800's and tell me that... I do tend to listen to pretty trendy music though so it may be more useful for me. Either way it'll be there.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #11 of 72
j123ss

It might be a good idea to bring your laptop. Tough to run 3 listening stations off one laptop as source.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #12 of 72
Hey, got room for one more? I'm dying to hear those HE1000's! And a chance to compare them to LCD-3's, Alpha Dogs, and a modded HE-6! Wow! That's something I can't pass up. I can bring my Q701's and/or O2 amp if anybody is interested. (I totally understand if nobody is interested. I wouldn't be either with a brand new HE1000 in the room):)

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #14 of 72
I've told the wifey that I need this day and time blocked off.  I pray that nothing comes up, or I will be so disappointed!
I've never heard the Q701's, but have had the K701's and thought they were pretty good, so I'm curious to hear the Q's still; if they're there anyways!

Thanks for turning me on to Tidal!  I had never heard of it before.  I listen to a ton of Electronic downtempo type instrumental stuff (General Fuzz, Emancipator, Tycho, Bombay Dub Orchestra, etc), and some of that is hard to find.  They don't have near the selection for me like Spotify does, but it does have SOME and its FLAC!!  So, i'm doing the 30-day trial and we will see if I end up keeping it and Spotify.

30-days means that I'll have it for this event as well.

Jun 12, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #15 of 72
Yea my only complaint on it is its music discovery is not as good as Spotify's, but that 1411kbps... So nice. Glad to help. I did the month trial and never looked back. Worth the $20 a month. You can also use it on as many devices as you want, at the same time. Unlike Spotify. 27th should be sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back