Khadas Tone2 Pro: Mini Desktop DAC with built-in Headphone Amplifier
Jan 4, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #61 of 245
Nope, the T2P(Tone2 Pro) only supports S/PDIF Coaxial IN, rather then Optical IN.

And to support S/PDIF Coaixal Out feature, you will need to:
1) Upgrade with dedicated firmware(without MQA support)
2) Use Balanced RCA to Stardard SE RCA cable

Yep, both USBC ports can power the T2P.
Thank you for the response.

Jan 14, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #67 of 245
Would it be able to drive the HD650 on 4.4 out? I did not know about that balanced out cable otherwise I would have got it for when I upgrade my amp. Already received email that my T2P has been shipped.

Thats good news, Do share some impressions when you get a chance!

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #68 of 245
Would it be able to drive the HD650 on 4.4 out?
Yeah, I also hope I'll be able to drive my HD6XX, but I'm not being too strict on that: it's a 300Ω set, and the Tone2 Pro is a credit card-sized DAC+amp... As long as it'll deliver a black background and an airy but authoritative, clean but punchy sound to my 99 Classics and to my IEMs fleet, I'll be forgiving. =)
And look at it... Ain't it sexy? Fell in love for it at first sight... Perfect lappie companion.
Uuh ! Where art thou, o ToneTou?!? Can't wait to play with you !

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #69 of 245
Waiting on mine in red, just got released from customs. Will share some insights once arrived.

Jan 16, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #72 of 245
From a blazin' lil' devil, this comes as no surprise! =))
I couldn't hold back on the classic classy gold on black in my 40s, on the other hand. #teamblack
No shipping info yet for the unit I ordered on Christmas Day. =(

I ordered mine on the 17th. I am hoping that the Tone Pro 2 can suffice as a desktop solution as well as a portable one. I want to reduce the foot print of the audio gear on my desk without giving up much in the sound quality department. The sabre glare has supposedly been tamed (been liking the 4493 based AKM dacs recently) although I am not locked into any one chip manufacturer as long as the implementation is proper. here is to hoping all our units get shipped soon

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #73 of 245
Finally got mine via Hifigo. So excited that I just had to directly connect to my phone via UAPP.
IMG_20210118_195839.jpg

IMG_2654.JPG

My initial highlights via direct single-ended connection are 1) smooth sounding with lots of extension and air with satisfying details, warmth is apparent but maybe more due to the HPs I initially plugged in to test 2) controls took awhile getting used to, you have to push down on the wheel from the top but once you got it, it's quite simple 3) though its headphone out amp section is a welcome plus, it's defintely meant to be connected to a separate amplifier. There was lots of distortion playing on mid-high volume with a Senn HD6XX and Beyer DT770 Pro (80ohms) on high gain and too quiet for both at low gain. Its single ended HP out is definitely better left for 32ohms cans and IEMs.

On the plus side, aside from its bottom padding, it feels solid and convenient. The sound is satisfying and non-fatiguing so far. Will post a proper review once I get more time. For an all-in-one DAC at this form factor, so far this is definitely a good start to my perspective of it. Looking forward to play around with it more especially the filters.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #74 of 245
Finally got mine. So excited that I just had to directly connect to my phone via UAPP.
IMG_20210118_195839.jpg

IMG_2654.JPG

My initial highlights via direct single-ended connection are 1) smooth sounding with lots of extension and air with satisfying details, warmth is apparent but maybe more due to the HPs I initially plugged in to test 2) controls took awhile getting used to, you have to push down on the wheel from the top but once you got it, it's quite simple 3) though its headphone out amp section is a welcome plus, it's defintely meant to be connected to a separate amplifier. There was lots of distortion playing on mid-high volume with a Senn HD6XX and Beyer DT770 Pro (80ohms) on high gain and too quiet for both at low gain. Its single ended HP out is definitely better left for 32ohms cans and IEMs.

On the plus side, aside from its bottom padding, it feels solid and convenient. The sound is satisfying and non-fatiguing so far. Will post a proper review once I get more time. For an all-in-one DAC at this form factor, so far this is definitely a good start to my perspective of it. Looking forward to play around with it more especially the filters.

how does the volume knob feel? does it wobble at all. positive click when depressed? rotation smooth?

Jan 18, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #75 of 245
how does the volume knob feel? does it wobble at all. positive click when depressed? rotation smooth?
No wobble at all, a bit tight and sticky actually. Rotation is endlessoy smooth though while I would like the push down-click recess to be felt more for recognition but I guess either this or a loose wobble and I would definitely choose the former.

I just hope no rotation recognition issues in the long run as 90% of its functions are dependent on those.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back