KG CFA3 headphone amp
Sep 19, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #211 of 1,794
I’ll have to check but I’m pretty sure when I looked at the website a while ago there was more than one level. Is yours tubed base?
No, the tube version is d1-tube- mk2
I have heard this version,many times at different audio shows. It is not my cup of tea…
It is too rich sounding,like heavy maple syrup for me.
I like my dacs to be balanced and neutral sounding

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #213 of 1,794
It’s here! Still tired from re-arranging everything, but paired with Manley 300B preamp, it’s love at first listen! I’ve never heard an SS amp this good. Initial impression reminds me of hi-end vinyl sound, everything flows so smooth but full of dynamics and impact. How can that be?? I have to say I like this a lot better than 13R. There’s a lot more weight to the sound and the crazy thing is the soundstage is huugeee, compared to 13R it expanded in every possible direction. Is this the holy grail of SS amp? Yes I do believe so. I have to concur with @paradoxper 😊 Thank you again @Dukei for building this truly amazing amp! I’ll report back after more extensive listening and when those gorgeous Elna Silmic II caps are fully burned-in. Oh and it drives SR1a beautifully and sorry for the crappy pic, took it with my phone.

09912690-669B-4DBE-9A15-239AE3CC6DA4.jpeg

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #214 of 1,794
It’s here! Still tired from re-arranging everything, but paired with Manley 300B preamp, it’s love at first listen! I’ve never heard an SS amp this good. Initial impression reminds me of hi-end vinyl sound, everything flows so smooth but full of dynamics and impact. How can that be?? I have to say I like this a lot better than 13R. There’s a lot more weight to the sound and the crazy thing is the soundstage is huugeee, compared to 13R it expanded in every possible direction. Is this the holy grail of SS amp? Yes I do believe so. I have to concur with @paradoxper 😊 Thank you again @Dukei for building this truly amazing amp! I’ll report back after more extensive listening and when those gorgeous Elna Silmic II caps are fully burned-in. Oh and it drives SR1a beautifully and sorry for the crappy pic, took it with my phone.

Congrats, Normie!!! It looks truly sublime in your setup and thanks for your initial impressions! I'm so excited to hear one!

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #215 of 1,794

Looks great! I'm curious if you plan on, at some point, feeding it directly rather than through the Manley to evaluate the sound without the tubes in place.

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #216 of 1,794

looks fantastic! love the yellow power button. Class all the way.

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #217 of 1,794
Congrats, Normie!!! It looks truly sublime in your setup and thanks for your initial impressions! I'm so excited to hear one!
Oh yeah I forgot to say thanks to you as well!! 😊

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #218 of 1,794
Looks great! I'm curious if you plan on, at some point, feeding it directly rather than through the Manley to evaluate the sound without the tubes in place.
I was planning to but re-arranging everything is a lot of work! 😂 The space is a bit tight, so perhaps if I have the time I’ll try to do it. But so far I’m liking what I hear so no real motivation to try DAC direct to CFA3 😁

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #220 of 1,794
looks fantastic! love the yellow power button. Class all the way.
Well it’s actually amber, but somehow it shows as yellow in the picture 😅

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #221 of 1,794
Well it’s actually amber, but somehow it shows as yellow in the picture 😅
yah I have the same one... not sure why I said yellow. photographs and colors all come across weird. anyways it looks great! enjoy and let us know what you think of it after you spend more time with it!

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #224 of 1,794
Sep 23, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #225 of 1,794

Lovely! I been tellin' them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back