Keyboard-Fi
Jan 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #511 of 2,074
Jan 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #513 of 2,074
Using a no-nonsense Microsoft 600(wired) Keyboard
Effortless typing,quiet,Had its fair share of "accidents"(Milk,soda etc)
And still typing smooth and quiet!I love this thing to death!
And only for about 15 euro

Jan 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #514 of 2,074

Quote:
Got my keyboard yesterday.  Built like a tank.  Still getting used to it, but am liking it a lot thus far.

That trollface escape key is pretty awesome.

Hmmm, I might have to get custom keycaps for my Model M...  Might be time to replace all the letter keys with blank ones, too, for extra 1337-ness.

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #517 of 2,074
Quote:
not at all.  it's a membrane keyboard with oled displays on each key

I think you're confusing the Optimus Maximus with the Optimus Tactus.

Quote:
Optimus Tactus does not have physical keys, which means there are no restrictions on their shape and size.

Typing mode:

Video Mode:

Looks like its pretty much just a touchscreen to me.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #518 of 2,074
Didnt realize there was more than one optimus keyboard - my apologies :)  It does indeed look like nothing more than a tablet

Jan 7, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #519 of 2,074
I have a question: can you suggest a good keyboard (possibly with a clamshell option) to be attached to 3.8-4 inches Android touch devices? I have read of some stuff a few months ago, but I'd like to understand which are the best available.

Thank you,
Tony

Jan 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #520 of 2,074
Quote:
I think you're confusing the Optimus Maximus with the Optimus Tactus.

Typing mode:

Video Mode:

Looks like its pretty much just a touchscreen to me.

Id totally be in the market for one, but i think Engadget said it would be in the $800 $1600. Im not 100% sure, im going to check it out...

Jan 7, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #521 of 2,074
Quote:
Id totally be in the market for one, but i think Engadget said it would be in the $800 $1600. Im not 100% sure, im going to check it out...

You'll probably ruin your hands if you try typing on it to much.

Jan 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #522 of 2,074
Quote:
You'll probably ruin your hands if you try typing on it to much.

I was thinking similarly because i wouldn't be used to typing on something that comes back up after i press it and i hope the response time would be good on it.

Jan 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #523 of 2,074
howdy gang. I'm finally fed up with my logitech illuminated keyboard, and I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard.

I have looked around at the various guides, and I've figured out that I'd like the blue cherry keys, or perhaps brown keys. 

Now, hopefully someone here could give some advice. I'm only willing to spend $100, and I was looking at this keyboard.

http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=9667

Is there a flaw on this keyboard that I don't know about that some of you might? Or should I look for a different model perhaps?

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #525 of 2,074
Ducky makes solid keyboards, the one you linked to would be a good choice in my opinion.
In terms of  keys, my opinion is:
Blue: Really nice crunchy action, great for typing, but they really are very loud.  I'd get one only if I had a room to myself to use it in.
Brown:  Probably my favorite switch, fairly lively action and good for both typing and gaming.  They're a lot quieter than blues although still make a nice sound
Red:  My newest keyboard has red switches, they feel like browns but just without any tactile bump.  They're noticeably nicer for Starcraft and gaming but I preferred typing on browns more.  My roomate told me that the reds are quieter.
Black: Same as reds but require more force to push down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back