Keyboard-Fi
May 1, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #46 of 2,074
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9pintube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, YOU WANT A LAUGH ON ME??? I thought for sure this "Post" was going to be about the fi-members keyboards, as in a piano or organs (thought for sure I'd be seeing someones hamond B3 with a pr.of Leslies).....DAMN, how old am I??? Anyway some nice pics and info about KEYBORADS.........

i've pretty much avoided this thread for that exact reason. im not into musical keyboards so i figured why bother lol.

May 1, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #48 of 2,074
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK. So I'm in the process of building a media PC that will be hooked up to my home theater. I'm looking for a wireless keyboard (bluetooth would be preferred but not required) that has a built in touchpad. Any suggestions? About the only one I can find is the Logitech DiNovo but I'm not sure I like its design.

check out the logitech ps3 keyboard. its full sized and has a full touchpad on the right side. also, it's bluetooth. i used it with my HTPC setup and loved it. it had a really nice range too.

Amazon.com: Logitech PlayStation 3 Cordless MediaBoard Pro: Video Games

May 1, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #49 of 2,074
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those who are interested in getting a mechanical keyboard, or just want to know more about them: Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

I believe that thread was linked already
wink.gif

still worth a re-mention, since it is such a great resource

May 1, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #50 of 2,074
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe that thread was linked already
wink.gif

still worth a re-mention, since it is such a great resource

Whoops, looks like you're right.
redface.gif

May 1, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #51 of 2,074
So what's everyones maximum adjusted WPM on here anyway? I tend to average around 86 or so, but sometimes jump to about 94 at my peak.

What's the point talking about keyboards but not how fast you type?
tongue_smile.gif

May 1, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #52 of 2,074
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what's everyones maximum adjusted WPM on here anyway? I tend to average around 86 or so, but sometimes jump to about 94 at my peak.

tongue_smile.gif

what is this adjustment factor of which you speak? i'm hesitant to post my results from a standard online word-per-minute test, if it is somehow inaccurate

May 1, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #53 of 2,074
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is this adjustment factor of which you speak? i'm hesitant to post my results from a standard online word-per-minute test, if it is somehow inaccurate

It just means it reduces your score based on mistakes. Both typingtest and 10 fast fingers do this.

May 1, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #54 of 2,074
I still use a PS/2 Model M, one of the earlier models with the detachable cable and removable keycaps. Mechanical keyboards are amazing.

May 2, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #55 of 2,074
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 6000
nice soft touch with a good curve. I can't type properly on straight keyboards.

May 2, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #56 of 2,074
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shike /img/forum/go_quote.gif

tongue_smile.gif

TypeRacer can be entertaining for a couple rounds.

While very fast typists certainly exist, it is pretty unusual for people to routinely clock over 100 wpm with good accuracy. Distribution of typing speeds here (PDF linked) .

May 2, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #58 of 2,074
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can type over 100WPM on qwerty but it requires way too much effort and I don't need to ever type that quickly so I don't bother.

likewise - it requires a lot of my concentration to break 100wpm, and i make a number of errors at that speed

honestly though, my ideas dont even flow that quickly - can't type ideas that I havent even formulated yet
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back