Keyboard-Fi
Jun 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #646 of 2,074
I think you'll be OK.  Both of my Das boards look just fine after over  a year of use.

I wish I had the typing skills to go with the blank Das Keyboard.  But I play a lot of PC games and don't want to die because I can't quickly find the "drink health potion" key.  :)

Jun 1, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #647 of 2,074
I think you'll be OK.  Both of my Das boards look just fine after over  a year of use.

I wish I had the typing skills to go with the blank Das Keyboard.  But I play a lot of PC games and don't want to die because I can't quickly find the "drink health potion" key.  :)

http://www.typefastertypingtutor.com/

Start learning. :)

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #648 of 2,074
All blank keyboards are awful - does everyone seriously have all the special symbols memorized above their number keys?  And if you're saying to yourself, "when would I use those?" then your passwords aren't secure enough

Quote:

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #649 of 2,074
All blank keyboards are awful - does everyone seriously have all the special symbols memorized above their number keys?  And if you're saying to yourself, "when would I use those?" then your passwords aren't secure enough

It's 13 keys. It's not that hard to be honest. Blank keyboards give you an incentive to start learning to type everything blindly which in my opinion is a good thing if you're using a computer a lot. And you already know the special symbols most likely. You're just checking everytime you type $ if it's really on that 4. Which is exactly what you shouldn't do if you want to be able to type everything quickly. Aside from the learning aspect of it I don't think a blank keyboard is good for anything aside from looking generally awesome and making sure no one else can use your computer. (which isn't a good thing per se) Either way. It's whether you want to invest the time in it to be able to do it of course. I feel that learning to type everything blindly has been a good investment of my time considering the amount of time I spend typing. YMMV

Regarding passwords.

Jun 3, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #654 of 2,074
The incentive should be not taking 2 hours to type a paragraph.  Any idiot can learn to type properly without a blank keyboard - I did at age 4.  If you need a blank keyboard to motivate you, you are really one lazy person :D 

If you don't want anyone else to use your computer, just switch to DVORAK

Quote:
It's 13 keys. It's not that hard to be honest. Blank keyboards give you an incentive to start learning to type everything blindly which in my opinion is a good thing if you're using a computer a lot. And you already know the special symbols most likely. You're just checking everytime you type $ if it's really on that 4. Which is exactly what you shouldn't do if you want to be able to type everything quickly. Aside from the learning aspect of it I don't think a blank keyboard is good for anything aside from looking generally awesome and making sure no one else can use your computer. (which isn't a good thing per se) Either way. It's whether you want to invest the time in it to be able to do it of course. I feel that learning to type everything blindly has been a good investment of my time considering the amount of time I spend typing. YMMV

Regarding passwords.

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #656 of 2,074
Yeah, I haven't run into any problems with my keyboard yet. Though I haven't had to make a new account or something which is actually something I could be worried about. I remember when I enter a password or change it I would stare at the keys to make sure I hit the correct ones. Guess I have to type it else where and paste it in if I have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back