Keyboard-Fi
Mar 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #601 of 1,951

EnOYiN

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Posts
2,269
Likes
18
Sadly I emailed elitekeyboards.com already, and they said they don't send to Russia. :frowning2:


These guys might. That's where I ended up getting mine from anyway.

Sure does look badass. Do you have all the characters above the numbers memorized? I could probably get by with blank letters, but I still hunt and peck for characters, brackets, etc.


When I switched to colemak I memorized everything and right now I'm able to type everythind blindly. (that includes numbers, home/ del/ page up and down etc.) When you're going to torture yourself by switching to another layout you might as well get it over with. I do still have to consiously think while I'm typing though.
 
Mar 13, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #602 of 1,951

jgray91

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Posts
10,287
Likes
331


Quote:
Quote:
Sadly I emailed elitekeyboards.com already, and they said they don't send to Russia.
frown.gif


These guys might. That's where I ended up getting mine from anyway.
Quote:
Sure does look badass. Do you have all the characters above the numbers memorized? I could probably get by with blank letters, but I still hunt and peck for characters, brackets, etc.


When I switched to colemak I memorized everything and right now I'm able to type everythind blindly. (that includes numbers, home/ del/ page up and down etc.) When you're going to torture yourself by switching to another layout you might as well get it over with. I do still have to consiously think while I'm typing though.



Oh right. Well emailing them next morning. Thanks.
 
 
Mar 21, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #604 of 1,951

EnOYiN

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Posts
2,269
Likes
18
I think it looks really nice. Only the escape key looks a little out of place. I think I would stick with grey there myself.

By the way, you took significantly nicer pictures of it than I was able to.
 
Mar 22, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #606 of 1,951

LFF

Co-Organizer for Can Jam '09
Member of the Trade: Paradox
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Posts
7,055
Likes
261


Quote:
I've recently bought myself a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate. Don't ask me why not das or anything else, I just like this more.



It's a snazy keyboard! I almost got one but I don't like the shiny texture because of all the fingerprints that it attracts.
 
Mar 23, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #607 of 1,951

Anaxilus

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Posts
12,065
Likes
337
Why do the keyboarding gods hate us tenkeyless?!?  WHY!!  You'd think we killed Jesus or something.
 
Mech switches and backlit keys, is that hard?
 
Mar 23, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #609 of 1,951

Anaxilus

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Posts
12,065
Likes
337


Quote:
Who needs backlighting when you can touch type? Seems ricey imo.


Just as ricey as putting letters on keys apparently.  Do you type blindfolded too?  I worship such skill and dexterity.  
rolleyes.gif

 
 
Mar 23, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #610 of 1,951

sari0n

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 26, 2010
Posts
469
Likes
20
Backlit keys are useful for games.  I sometimes have trouble touch typing on the right side of my keyboard near the "L" key when I type with my left hand only because my right hand is on the mouse.
 
May 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #612 of 1,951

Scott_Tarlow

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Posts
1,209
Likes
19
Im trying to decide if I want to get a Das Keyboard of Black Widow Ultimate. And even more importantly, im trying to decide if I should get the mac layout or not because while i do all my work in OSX i bootcamp for games. That being said i genearlly use my macro pad for games so perhaps ill get the mac layout.
 
 
Though I would like a smaller mechanical keyboard.... anyone have suggestions for one that works well with OSX and Windows ? It doesnt need to have a numpad
 
May 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #613 of 1,951

Blisse

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Posts
758
Likes
26
Im trying to decide if I want to get a Das Keyboard of Black Widow Ultimate. And even more importantly, im trying to decide if I should get the mac layout or not because while i do all my work in OSX i bootcamp for games. That being said i genearlly use my macro pad for games so perhaps ill get the mac layout.


Though I would like a smaller mechanical keyboard.... anyone have suggestions for one that works well with OSX and Windows ? It doesnt need to have a numpad


The CM Quickfire has gotten pretty glowing reviews for a non-mechanical keyboard. It's really, but still solid. Check it out. And since it's a gaming company, you should be able to find it easier. It supports PS/2 and USB, USB only for MACs of course. The Quickfire is Tenkeyless, so lacking the number pad.

Das > Blackwidow, but both are pretty bad since the mechanical keyboard revolution began.
 
May 5, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #614 of 1,951

Scott_Tarlow

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Posts
1,209
Likes
19
Quote:
The CM Quickfire has gotten pretty glowing reviews for a non-mechanical keyboard. It's really, but still solid. Check it out. And since it's a gaming company, you should be able to find it easier. It supports PS/2 and USB, USB only for MACs of course. The Quickfire is Tenkeyless, so lacking the number pad.
Das > Blackwidow, but both are pretty bad since the mechanical keyboard revolution began.

Its not mechanical ??? I thought that one was....
 
 
I was looking at this one... http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless&pid=fc200rtab# but its not that much cheaper than the Das/Blackwidow. I wish the Das was smaller.
 
May 5, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #615 of 1,951

Blisse

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Posts
758
Likes
26
LOL whoa oops, yeah it's mechanical. I think I meant to type "not those old school mechanical company / gaming company" keyboard.

The Leopold costs $110 + shipping while you can probably grab the Quickfire at $65 on a good day.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top