Keyboard-Fi
Feb 16, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #1,981 of 2,074
New set of PBT shine through Black Pudding keycaps, actually two sets, decided to install one set on my Ducky Shine 2 78 Edition, got a new oversize mousepad as well, brightens up my rather drab desk area.
ZA9cQcp.jpg

Feb 17, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #1,982 of 2,074
Can any German forum member let me know of any trustworthy online retailers for Cherry keyboards please?

Jul 14, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #1,989 of 2,074
Thanks! Hard to capture the red in photos. It’s slightly less saturated in real life, but certainly more vivid than your average keyboard.

Yep, this could have easily been a shouty build but your keycaps toned it down while still maintaining a link with the case due to their red sublegends.
It's funny, if I would have seen the case alone or the caps alone I probably wouldn't have noticed them much, but the combo is what I call "finished".
I'm a sucker for nice combinations and unlike what I made before all the boards I'm building now start off with a keycap set and then finding a matching board.

For switches I use Tealios, Pearlios, Tangerines, Alpacas and the new Hades. I really like the Hades, tehy feel much heavier than their spring weight suggests and a lot better than the Poseidon. They benefit a little lube on the rails and ends of the spring, they don't come with light prelube.

Jul 17, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #1,993 of 2,074
The UHK unfortunately has the trackpoint positioned by the thumb instead of the index finger. Sadly this ruins the ergonomics of the whole design for me. The primary purpose of the trackpoint is to be able to keep your hands/fingers in typing position while still moving the cursor. The mouse and trackpoint are meant to live together in harmony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back