Kevin Gilmore PSU question....
Sep 1, 2002 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

fyleow

500+ Head-Fier
I'm building the Kevin Gilmore Amp soon and I have a few questions.

I've never really build a power supply before so a lot of the things a new to me.

I need to pick a transformer. The design for the amp shows 2 36vAC 1 A transformers. Ok I figure no problem, just take out the good old Newark catalog and look for those specs. One problem. It lists "F.L. Volts" "N.L. Volts" etc and I don't get what it means.

Could anyone help me out here? If you can provide a part number (Mouser, Newark or Digikey etc) to something suitable I would really apprectiate it.

I did a quick search on "F-378P", that's the model number on Kevin's diagram. I came up with a website from Hammond and it says "Triad (Parallax) to Hammond". Hammond part # 160H56. But Kevin's diagram says Triad (Magnetek) not (Parallax).

On Antness' amp he uses a Toroidal power supply. I can't find the Talema ones for sale anywhere. He only uses one so I am assuming Toroids have 2 power outputs? Their measurements also seem to be different like "V C.T.".

And my last question is on Bridge Rectifiers. There are about a bazzilion of them around, what should I look for?

If anyone can provide part numbers to those pieces I would appreciate it
smily_headphones1.gif

<---- DIYer with no EE background hence the dumb questions
redface.gif

Sep 1, 2002 at 8:44 PM Post #2 of 3
Digikey part numbers:

Transformer: TE70075

Bridge Rectifier: KBL01 (you need 2 of these)

the transformer has 2 secondary outputs. you use one for + and one for - voltage. each secondary will output about 33V with no load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back