Kevin Gilmore amps
Sep 16, 2002 at 5:26 AM Post #18 of 20
Sijosae's amps are beautiful to look at. Not being an engineer, I sometimes wonder if there is a price paid for his miniaturization--ie, is the shortest path necessarily the cleanest path? Never the less, his collection is quite cool.

Sep 16, 2002 at 6:42 AM Post #19 of 20
ppl - "I at first used Kevin's power supply but later changed to My Dual tracking Discreet component supply using LED's as Voltage references to obtain no Thermal Drift"

ppl - "I did not like the sound of kevins Power supply made the sonys somewhat fat in the bass and this is not a good thing with these cans. Kevins Supply was OK in the Mids and High's presenting a fast quality but the Bass turned me Off so a Good regulated supply with Big Caps work nice."

I am very interested in learning more about fat-free bass and details of your PS. What is its current rating? Please post the schematic.

Sep 21, 2002 at 8:41 AM Post #20 of 20
Kelly:

In a hand-built amp, short paths are fine! Inside an opamp or a buffer, they are even shorter. So I do not see Sijosae's miniaturization as a being a negative characteristic. Short paths are usually the main goal of an amp designer.

Hey, I enjoy your excellent reviews. So I hope you keep doing them in the future. Great work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back