Kenwood Media Keg or Sony X Walkman?
Aug 6, 2010 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RaaaghCats

New Head-Fier
 Has anyone had experience of listening to both of these players by any chance?  I'm looking for a good sounding player straight from the headphone out with about 30gb storage, Great SQ and a good non-buggy interface and I like the look of these two the most so far.

Some old reviews seem to say how great the Kenwoods are (Yet hard to find) but I'm wondering if it will really be worth it over the cheaper and easier to find/buy Sony?

The 2 players actual names are -

Sony NWZ-X1060

And

Kenwood Media Keg-HD30GB9

Aug 6, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #3 of 5
I own a Kenwood HD20GA7, a version released before the HD30GB9 and to my ears it beats my Cowon S9. I have not heard the Sony X. I know there are some members who have and perhaps can chime in.
You could always look at this thread which I revived from the dead shortly after I got my HD20GA7 a few months ago.

The big problem with Kenwood players is that they are difficult to find and they might be expensive. You could check the for sale section here on Head-fi and also keep an eye on Ebay. They might pop up there sometimes...

Aug 6, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 5
 There was one on the FS bit recently, And the 30gb Kenwood was going for about £150 ish I think, Compared to about £140 for a 32gb Sony so it's fairly close.

I've noticed some massive hyping over the S:Flo lately saying it's the best SQ player people have ever heard but I'm still a bit unsure about it compared to some of the other players 
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back