Kenwood Media Keg HDD players, are they really good?
Jul 14, 2008 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

va1912

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a portable audio player and want to know if there are any players out there which actually sound better than the kenwoods. Also how much should i expect to pay for a used Kenwood HD20GA7 or a HD30GB9?

Thank You

Jul 14, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #2 of 10
so far, no mp3 players i own before can match kenwood's SQ.
But kenwood's player is overprice for sure.

Jul 14, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #3 of 10
Yes the new ones are way outta my reach, saw the gold plated one on ebay for 510 USD but it got sold before i decided to buy it. How much will the regular ones cost if i buy em used?

Jul 15, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 10
Not only are they overpriced, but they're not marketed or localized for use in English-speaking locales. So you'll be importing and paying the price for that. =p

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 10
I have one. It sounds quite good, with a dark, warm sound, although it is a little soft and lacks speed and dynamics. The software is not too bad - at least you can use folders instead of appalling software like iTunes or the even worse Zune software. The big problem I have is that it won't play about half the tracks I have loaded into it, because it tells me there are errors. My iPod and other players have no problems with these tracks. Very frustrating.

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by va1912 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The kenwood does have an english interface right? Does the HD10GB7 and the flash based media kegs have the same SQ as the HD30GB9?

It surely does!...have an English interface that is. Can't comment on the SQ comparison.

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #9 of 10
you have to use the software they supply, which is a pain. and also, i remember rading that the only lossless option is their own codec. i might be wrong, but i have a feeling that that is true.

Jul 15, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #10 of 10
Just drag and drop.
Then use their software click update.

it is not pain.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you have to use the software they supply, which is a pain. and also, i remember rading that the only lossless option is their own codec. i might be wrong, but i have a feeling that that is true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back