KENNERTON VALI - Impressions, Discussion Thread
Mar 2, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #256 of 271
Thank you for letting me know! I do plan to test them on a vintage Fostex T50 that was suggested by a Head-Fier.
I don't think they would fit, the Vali pads being round and the Fostex being more oblong shaped. But I suppose you could shoe horn them on somehow.

Mar 2, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #257 of 271
I don't think they would fit, the Vali pads being round and the Fostex being more oblong shaped. But I suppose you could shoe horn them on somehow.

Did you mean the more modern T50's? I meant these ones:

T50.jpg

They're circular although the strain relief at the bottom doesn't allow too much room for stretching pads over.

Mar 2, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #258 of 271
Did you mean the more modern T50's? I meant these ones:

They're circular although the strain relief at the bottom doesn't allow too much room for stretching pads over.
Ah, I see. Yes I did mean the newer model, sorry.

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #260 of 271
ok, I got my massdrop exclusive,
1. wood cup is much smaller than it looks, which is an actual good thing for me. I thought it will be the size of an Audeze LCD.
2. weight is not even heavy compared to its number. I found it takes some time to adjust, but after you find your perfect match. it is very easy to wear.
3. The image is very good, very dynamic headphone! Mid is very forward, good quality bass. Very pleasant Headphone! Treble is a little recess. But I found a lot of good mid and image headphone all have some kind of recess treble.
4. Then I switch to silver cable. And yeah, I like it even more.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #261 of 271
I can't recommend these headphones highly enough. The best I've ever owned. I prefer them, and have taken them over the offerings of Sennheiser, Audeze, Focal, Grado, AT, AKG, ZMF, Beyer, Fostex/Denon, etc., etc. Are they perfect? No. But they are absolutely brilliant. Grizzlybeast did a great job of laying out their pros and cons earlier in this thread. The Vali, along with the Kennerton Odin--and I'm good to go. (Although I still want to hear the new Kennerton Magister Pro as a closed-back option). I hope more people can get to hear (and see and feel) these magnificent headphones.

Jan 2, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #262 of 271
My Kennerton Vali has broken, one of the Gimbal broken when it hit the ground :frowning2:
I don't know whether they still have these Gimbal to sell. :frowning2:
I email them maybe because of the holiday still don't have a reply.
Hope they can contact me soon.

Jun 17, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #265 of 271
Still loving these things.

Wasn't sure the ECP T4 would do well with them, as its not really designed for cans with impendance this low, but they're sensitive enough it does just fine.

Still wishing the cups were bigger though.

Apr 26, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #267 of 271
Digging up an old thread.I got a great deal one one of these slightly used locally.Initially I found the ear pads too small and uncomfortable,and decided to sell them without giving them a fair audition.After properly adjusting the rotation and position of the ear pads and cups the comfort issue is much better now,not what I would call a comfortable headphone,but something I can now deal with fine.As for the sound,they just keep sounding better,maybe they weren’t burned in yet,or just in my head,but they keep growing on me.I like a warm smooth punchy sound signature,had a LCD-2 fazor,non fazor,LCD-3 and LCD-X in the passed and find the Vali to be the most enjoyable headphone to listen to among all of them.Maybe not technically better,but fun to listen to.Now have the Vali’s off the market,definitely keepers now!!!:)

Dec 28, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #270 of 271
could someone tell me the difference between a vali and a nighthawk carbon ?

The Vali is smoother on top, and has greater transparency, equally low distortion, better detail, and greater dynamic impact and bass slam. The Vali is very upfront and energetic while still being smooth; the NH (Carbon) feels a little softer, more laid back. I love the NightHawk (I own three pairs), but I think the Vali is better (better more rugged construction too). The NH is super comfortable though. Both are great. Now that said, I have not tried the newer version of the Vali (the one with the different headband construction). Apparently they are a little different sounding compared to the earlier version (which I think you can still get?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back