Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jun 20, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #2,251 of 10,018
WechatIMG80140.jpeg WechatIMG80141.jpeg WechatIMG80142.jpeg WechatIMG80143.jpeg

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #2,254 of 10,018
Hi.
I live in Sweden and I wonder if I have to pay any importtaxes if I buy from Kennertons website or are they registered as a company within EU?
Or do any of you know of a webshop inside EU that delivers to Sweden?
BR Fredrik.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #2,258 of 10,018
Hello, beautiful!

While I'm waiting for my Thror (yes, I'm still not getting it ... and sadly, my dealer informed me that the Blue Stabilized was sold just before they ordered and Kennerton wouldn't be able to produce another one ... so I'd opt for a normal, non-stabilized Karelian Birch instead ... hope I won't be disappointed).

DSCF1589.jpg

DSCF1599.jpg

Jul 8, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #2,260 of 10,018
Hello, beautiful!

While I'm waiting for my Thror (yes, I'm still not getting it ... and sadly, my dealer informed me that the Blue Stabilized was sold just before they ordered and Kennerton wouldn't be able to produce another one ... so I'd opt for a normal, non-stabilized Karelian Birch instead ... hope I won't be disappointed).

I don't really like reviewing headphones, but first impression of the Magni is really impressive. I'm totally impressed.

And this is from someone who owns a few Odins.

I would buy them well (The closed-back headphones Kennerton Magni) for my two sons, for a nomadic use.
(They are a priori better than I-pods for their I-phones ... :beyersmile:)

Thank you for this first encouraging feedback. :)

Concerning your future Kennerton Thror in Karelian birch wood (not stabilized), it is not me who will complain about it (even if mine is only in Bog Oak): it is a very beautiful wood (moreover quite light).

Jul 8, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #2,261 of 10,018
I would buy them well (The closed-back headphones Kennerton Magni) for my two sons, for a nomadic use.
(They are a priori better than I-pods for their I-phones ... :beyersmile:)

Thank you for this first encouraging feedback. :)

Concerning your future Kennerton Thror in Karelian birch wood (not stabilized), it is not me who will complain about it (even if mine is only in Bog Oak): it is a very beautiful wood (moreover quite light).

I know you’d say that, Eric :)
I have my Odin in Bog Oak and yours in Karelian Birch. It seems that our Thror will be the opposite :wink:

Jul 8, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #2,263 of 10,018
I'll probably end up getting a pair.

But the way the Magni looks right now-- it looks more to me like an unfinished prototype. Not bad, but I could imagine it better. Yes there is the ornate sterling silver cover available. But hopefully they will introduce a more subtle wood cover/cup, or have it as an option.

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #2,264 of 10,018
Hi all.

If you want to know a little more, on the new headphones Kennerton Magni, closed-back electrodynamic headphones, middle range segment price, with 50 mm composite mylar / graphene membrane, neodymium magnets, aluminum coil covered with copper, you can read these links (in russian):

https://www.dastereo.ru/t/naushniki-kennerton-i-fischer-audio/42248

https://hobby-tech.ru/naushniki-ken...hashi-iz-naturalnogo-dereva-ogolove-iz-stali/

Note that the Magni must be warmed up (burn-in) 60-70 hours to give its full potential (make it less bright and enhance the bass).

This closed-back electrodynamic headphones would approach open isodynamic headphones, being clear, detailed, very fast, with a good impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back