Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Feb 20, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #2,011 of 10,020
Does anyone has a good pouch/bag suggestion for carrying my Odin around?

Wanted to try my Odin on my friend setup (obviously at his place) and I am wondering what will be a good carrying bag/case to use.

Thanks

Feb 21, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #2,013 of 10,020
Hi all.

What you do not see by looking at a Thror headphones from the outside, but feel it perfectly by wearing it on the head (or by hand), especially compared to the Odin, are the Thror's drivers with their frame made of carbon fiber, which, associated with external grids made of lightened composite material, reduces the weight of 200 g (-30%) (480 g versus 680 g) ; which is not nothing.

In the pics below you can admire these high technology drivers with their fast and lightweight kapton honeycomb membrane, providing both a fast, precise, natural and neutral sound.
Note: the purple cable is an internal cable of high quality Litz wire.
The wooden cups, on the photo of the assembly of the drivers below are in bog oak wood.

It's a very successful high-end planar headphones. :)

19021709290523553816123647.jpg

19022111275023553816129741.jpg

9963032.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #2,014 of 10,020
Does anyone has a good pouch/bag suggestion for carrying my Odin around?

Wanted to try my Odin on my friend setup (obviously at his place) and I am wondering what will be a good carrying bag/case to use.

Thanks

Hi @jasonho,

Perhaps this, the Kennerton Vali carrying case, manufactured by Kennerton; it must (maybe) be able to be bought if it is demanded; ask Kennerton.

DSC07926.jpg

DSC07929.jpg

Feb 21, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #2,015 of 10,020
Hi @jasonho,

Perhaps this, the Kennerton Vali carrying case, manufactured by Kennerton; it must (maybe) be able to be bought if it is demanded; ask Kennerton.

DSC07926.jpg

DSC07929.jpg

Oh, first time I come across this, thanks!

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #2,016 of 10,020
Oh, first time I come across this, thanks!

Question asked Pierre Paya, Kennerton's distributor in France about the possible availability of such a transport bag, and at what price.

and his answer ...:)

" Hello Eric,

The Vali are no longer delivered in this soft bag for a long time, but in the same wooden box as the Odin / Thridi and Thror.

That said, yes, an Odin, a Thridi or Thror can be carried in this bag, it is besides this way that I send them on loan.

To have one, the best is to ask directly to Kennerton or for other models of equivalent use, to search on Google by tapping: "soft bag for headphones HiFi"

Pierre "

https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=1101#p1101

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #2,017 of 10,020
Hi all.

Where we talk again about a new closed-back headphones, made by Kennerton, announced at the end of 2018, the Kennerton JORD.

With the following comment (on facebook) : " Kennerton Jord
The headphones designed and tuned for flat frequency response with unbelievable detailing and work speed for this form factor but not demanding to amplification. "

https://www.facebook.com/KennertonA...288959422814/2042069799244715/?type=3&theater

19022301241923553816131682.jpg

19022301223223553816131681.jpg

Feb 23, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #2,018 of 10,020
20190222_190736.jpg 20190222_190811.jpg

20190222_190846.jpg
I was fortunate to get a prestine condition used Odin MK 2 yesterday in the mail. I read this entire thread which helped me decide to get it. You guys are so full of information! I feel like I know some of you now LOL! I only had time to analyze 1 song (Incubus-Just a Phase) on all of my headphone and with the stock and Silver Dragon cable which was sent with my Odin. I am not good at describing music, but I found that between my LCD3 and my Odin, I prefered the Odin to my LCD3. The biggest difference that I heard was the distortion of the electric guitar sounded so much cleaner and fuller than on the LCD3. This excites me because my music taste is heavy tilted towards modern alternative rock. I look forward to continuing to follow this thread and occasionally giving some content. I have to get to hearing more music. So adios for now.l

Feb 23, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #2,020 of 10,020

I was fortunate to get a prestine condition used Odin MK 2 yesterday in the mail. I read this entire thread which helped me decide to get it. You guys are so full of information! I feel like I know some of you now LOL! I only had time to analyze 1 song (Incubus-Just a Phase) on all of my headphone and with the stock and Silver Dragon cable which was sent with my Odin. I am not good at describing music, but I found that between my LCD3 and my Odin, I prefered the Odin to my LCD3. The biggest difference that I heard was the distortion of the electric guitar sounded so much cleaner and fuller than on the LCD3. This excites me because my music taste is heavy tilted towards modern alternative rock. I look forward to continuing to follow this thread and occasionally giving some content. I have to get to hearing more music. So adios for now.l
Kennerton did a very good job on guitar distortion reproduction. I owned both Odin and thror, and both of them did a great job on guitar. Thror has the most realistic guitar distortion I’ve heard, Odin is a close second.

Feb 23, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #2,021 of 10,020
Kennerton did a very good job on guitar distortion reproduction. I owned both Odin and thror, and both of them did a great job on guitar. Thror has the most realistic guitar distortion I’ve heard, Odin is a close second.

I love the reproduction of the distortion of the electric guitar, both with the Odin mk2 and the Thror. It is very saturated with the two headphones; perhaps more beautiful (and warm) to hear with the Odin mk2; and probably more true (natural) and a little more precise with the Thror. Two aesthetics a little different from the same sound, very pleasant to hear. :)

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #2,022 of 10,020
Hi everybody.

Superb family photo of three Kennerton planar headphones that presents us on this photograph, Milan, with the Kennerton Odin mk2, Thridi and Thror.
A family look, certainly, including for the sound Kennerton who many of us likes it so much.

a4ed.jpg

https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=1137#p1137

Knowing Milan, I'm sure we'll soon have his impressions in English, on this Head-Fi thread.
Do not hesitate to ask him all the questions! :)

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #2,023 of 10,020
Hi everybody !
Thanks Eric for sharing !

I received today Thror and Thridi in loan thank to Pierre Paya

So obviously I will not do my final report now, but I will try to post often these next days to talk about my impressions of the 3 headsets (Thror, Thridi and Odin mk2) on the music I listen to as and when measure of days.

So my first impressions ... What are they light! Especially the Thror!
It looks like there are no drivers inside, but fortunately they are there, I tested :grin:

I test the Thror first then ... I feel like listening to my Odin :astonished:

They are really close, almost the same style of reproduction as the Odin, it's warm, organic, dynamic, sweet, in short everything I like!

It's really a headphone easy to listen to ... especially when you have the Odin MK2, impossible not to love!

So yes there are of course differences, the first I see on the Thror against the Odin is aeration, there is more of this, it is very nice and very successful I found on this headphone.

Otherwise heat, I feared that point, well it's pretty hot enough! As Eric said, it's slightly warm on the "neutral" side, there's just a little less on the Odin, just as on the matter, there's less on the Thror, less weight on the notes, but not much, in my opinion it still has more than most high end headphones on the market!

It has a little less presence too, less medium. The treble are dull with the Thror and my amp Burson Conductor, as with the Odin, again a good surprise! There is also more high medium, but it is not the day at night between the Odin and the Thror, it is not a very clear helmet as will be the Hifiman HE-1000SE in my opinion.

I have less listen the Thridi for now, but it's like with the Thror, we are not disoriented compared to the Odin! In my opinion it is located between the Odin Mk2 and the Thror.

It does not have Thror aeration on the other hand but I think a little more punchy, a little less than with the Odin can be but a little more than the Thror it seems to me.

This does not make the Thror a soft headset, even in comparison with the other 2, I was even pleasantly surprised, it sends on dynamic music, really fun!

Side Sensibility I have almost no need to touch the volume button, they are easy to amplify, and it works great with my amp, a very nice synergy, as with my Odin.

It gave me the same impression as last year at Pierre, we recognize immediately that these headphones are from the same family, a family that I love!

I've already made a ranking headphone that I prefer among these 3 Kennerton, I think it will be confirmed over time, anyway I'll tell you if it has changed ... But for now to you to do your bets! :wink:

Thanks again to Pierre for allowing us to test headphone allow us to test exceptional headphones at home! What happiness frankly, it makes me so happy! It allows me to better understand my audio preferences and to discover sound universes ... then to spend great moments of course :grin:

Good evening to all,

Milan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back