Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jun 19, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #3,016 of 10,015
@Bfh29 please use search in this topic and find my comments about Wodan.

Stock Ghorn have enough treble to be noticeable, but not to cut your ears.

If you think that there is meat bass in Thridi, then Ghorn and HP-2 may seem overbassed for you. Thridi has very light bass for my taste
I do not find the Audeze LCD-3 or Campfire Cascade too bass overpowering, so I think I will be fine with them.
So how does the bass level and punch stand to Thridi and Ghorn? Do you find it also bass light?

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #3,017 of 10,015
So how does the bass level and punch stand to Thridi and Ghorn? Do you find it also bass light?

Thridi - yes, Ghorn - no
Among the isodynamic headphones of Kennerton, Thekk have most notable bass.
Wodan and Odin in 2nd and 3rd places
and at the end - Thridi and Thror

Ghorn have the biggest bass and slam among ALL the Kennerton headphones. Although the Thekk can compete for 1 place in the punch level

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #3,018 of 10,015
Great, thank you for your answer. That seems I will pick up Thekk for home and Ghorn for work next time I will be in Russia.

Jun 20, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #3,019 of 10,015
Returned Magni, its pads are thin that hurts around my ears, couldn’t on it more than 15mins.
this is a clear sounding HP, fast and energized, notes end fast almost no extension, bass is punchy,
but no extension. Maybe need burn-in, but it hurts my ears, so, back to Russia it went.

Jun 20, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #3,020 of 10,015
Keep it, just change the pads I received mine with two kinds of pads a thin and thicker, I use it with the thick ones, great comfort great sound, nice bass not very deep but very correct, it is great headphone much better than a Beyer T5p.2 I used over a year this one go much further, very good price for the SQ no competitor at all at this price range.
Hope to order soon the Ghorn to obtain better bass quality deeper, if the rest is as good at the Magni.

Jun 22, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #3,024 of 10,015
kennerton released their Gjallarhorn for sale today iching to pull the trigger ,but i wish there were more wood options avaliable. All in all lookto be a very nice craftmanship of a headphone :smiley:

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #3,026 of 10,015
same here , maybe ill wait for the bog oak or dark ash

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #3,028 of 10,015
g-horn have to beat the zmf verite closed to be the top, cause i tried it at camjam with stellia and liked the verite closed much more. But its out of my budget :sweat:

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #3,029 of 10,015
Gjallarhorn is a fully closed-back type of headphones. Moreover, its body is made entirely of wood (from 2 parts). As with the LSA HP-02, the wood type in these headphones has been carefully selected for a long time. And it is a very important part in this model. Based on the results of many experiments, we chose 2 kinds of Wood - Curly Maple and Ash. But ash is more difficult to process. So we settled on a maple tree. Of course, we can make these headphones from, for example, Zebrano or Wenge. But they will sound very different, and perhaps no better than an old Shoe. Believe me, in this case, it is. Therefore, Gjallarhorn will only be produced from Maple and possibly Ash for the time being. If you want a darker finishing - contact us, we will make for you a dark option that you will definitely like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back