Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
May 23, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #2,866 of 10,020
Thekk is darker than the Thror, especially in the upper-medium (or else, the Thror has a little coquetry (excess) around 3 KHZ), but not especially in the treble, well-balanced ; the Thekk has more lows in level than the Thror, but the Thror has a little more sub-basses than the Thekk.

I do think that the sound signature of the Thridi is closer to that of the Thekk than to the Thror, which is really a headphone apart, by its neutrality maybe a little too far forward.

Thekk (like Thridi) is more attractive than Thror, for the fuller sound, more alive.
But the Thror, just like the Thekk are better than the Thridi (more transparency, precision and definition, as well as aeration, better than the Odin (mk2 and Thridi). They are more "technical".

I think the Thekk is the most advanced of all Kennerton headphones, the most accomplished, and probably a significant upgrade from the Odin mk2 and the Odin Thridi.
OK...Gotcha.

I'm working my way through this thread...I'm at page 29.

Did anyone get to compare Kennerton (Thror, Oden etc) to LCD4?

Cheers

May 23, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #2,867 of 10,020
OK...Gotcha.

I'm working my way through this thread...I'm at page 29.

Did anyone get to compare Kennerton (Thror, Oden etc) to LCD4?

Cheers

Hi (again).

You can read (or reread) this interesting review of the Odin (Odin mk2) compared to other headphones, including the Audeze LCD-2 and LCD-4.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kennerton-odin.21886/reviews#item-review-17108 (review written by earfonia)

Quote : "
Audeze LCD-4
I had 3 different sessions for LCD-4 auditions. Twice with the 200 ohm version paired with Woo Audio WA5-LE amplifier at AV One Singapore, and once with the 100 ohm version paired with around 7 watts discrete DIY amplifier that belong to a friend. Odin was compared side by side with the LCD-4 using the same setup. I tend to like the 100 ohm LCD-4 setup slightly better for sounding a tad more lively, but the difference is not much. Both LCD-4 that I tried are generally warmer sounding than Odin. Odin has flatter and more balanced tonality in comparison. LCD-4 has more midrange and midbass emphasize, while Odin has more treble sparkle and extension. LCD-4 has slightly better dynamic and punch. Mid-bass punch is better on LCD-4, while Odin has slightly better sub-bass to mid-bass balance. Perceived detail, clarity, and instrument separation is slightly better on Odin, but not by much. Probably the more sparkling treble helps in the perceived detail and clarity. LCD-4 sounds a tad smoother and has a kind of cohesiveness to the sound that somehow makes the instrument separation less clear than Odin. Perceived size of soundstage is more or less similar, with Odin sounds slightly more spacious and holographic and the LCD-4 sounds closer and more intimate. "

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #2,868 of 10,020
Hi all! Guys, have you already listened to the new revision of Magni(2nd version)? The updated model has a different acoustic design for headphones. A little background..... At the beginning of December last year, I finally listened to Magni well and compared to my Vali 2019, they seemed too bright, with a lot of sibilants. I was very upset at the time, because I had high hopes for this model. And the other day I decided to try my luck again with these headphones.
Why did I do this? I don't know, I guess I was just bored sitting at home because of this pandemic. And what was my surprise when I first connected the headphones...... This is a completely different sound than what I was listening to back then! No hint of brightness. Dense, massive sound and with a very, very fast bass.
Of course, I had suspicions that the manufacturer had made some changes to the design and I wanted to ask about it from Kennerton themselves. It turned out that Yes, indeed recently released a new version of Magni.
IMG_20200522_172603.jpg

May 23, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #2,869 of 10,020
Hi (again).

You can read (or reread) this interesting review of the Odin (Odin mk2) compared to other headphones, including the Audeze LCD-2 and LCD-4.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kennerton-odin.21886/reviews#item-review-17108 (review written by earfonia)

Quote : "
Audeze LCD-4
I had 3 different sessions for LCD-4 auditions. Twice with the 200 ohm version paired with Woo Audio WA5-LE amplifier at AV One Singapore, and once with the 100 ohm version paired with around 7 watts discrete DIY amplifier that belong to a friend. Odin was compared side by side with the LCD-4 using the same setup. I tend to like the 100 ohm LCD-4 setup slightly better for sounding a tad more lively, but the difference is not much. Both LCD-4 that I tried are generally warmer sounding than Odin. Odin has flatter and more balanced tonality in comparison. LCD-4 has more midrange and midbass emphasize, while Odin has more treble sparkle and extension. LCD-4 has slightly better dynamic and punch. Mid-bass punch is better on LCD-4, while Odin has slightly better sub-bass to mid-bass balance. Perceived detail, clarity, and instrument separation is slightly better on Odin, but not by much. Probably the more sparkling treble helps in the perceived detail and clarity. LCD-4 sounds a tad smoother and has a kind of cohesiveness to the sound that somehow makes the instrument separation less clear than Odin. Perceived size of soundstage is more or less similar, with Odin sounds slightly more spacious and holographic and the LCD-4 sounds closer and more intimate. "
Thanks for that Eric! Cheers

May 23, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #2,870 of 10,020
Hi all! Guys, have you already listened to the new revision of Magni(2nd version)? The updated model has a different acoustic design for headphones. A little background..... At the beginning of December last year, I finally listened to Magni well and compared to my Vali 2019, they seemed too bright, with a lot of sibilants. I was very upset at the time, because I had high hopes for this model. And the other day I decided to try my luck again with these headphones.
Why did I do this? I don't know, I guess I was just bored sitting at home because of this pandemic. And what was my surprise when I first connected the headphones...... This is a completely different sound than what I was listening to back then! No hint of brightness. Dense, massive sound and with a very, very fast bass.
Of course, I had suspicions that the manufacturer had made some changes to the design and I wanted to ask about it from Kennerton themselves. It turned out that Yes, indeed recently released a new version of Magni.
IMG_20200522_172603.jpg
How recent? I ordered Magni in March and it is still sitting in st Petersburg.

May 23, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #2,873 of 10,020
Thanks, hopefully I'll get mine soon.
For those considering the Magni in the US, Kennerton is now providing and updated version with a horn loaded driver through Living Sounds Audio (LSA) called the HP-2 which costs $749. Their first shipment is due in from St. Petersburg any day and should be available within a short time after that. Kennerton does not have a US distributor.

May 24, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #2,876 of 10,020
As far as I know, these delays are due to the fault of foreign transport services. Russian post quite quickly delivers parcels to be sent abroad, parcels go through customs, and then for a long time are in the shipping hubs, because foreign carriers are afraid that there might be a COVID-19, so they keep these parcels for a month or more. The guys from Kennerton talked about this and expressed dissatisfaction.

Please be patient, because we now live in special times

May 25, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #2,877 of 10,020
Greetings everyone,

Question: Does the old Vali offer me anything if I already own Thridi, Lcd2 and Aeon open?

Cheers

May 26, 2020 at 1:36 AM Post #2,878 of 10,020
Greetings everyone,

Question: Does the old Vali offer me anything if I already own Thridi, Lcd2 and Aeon open?

Cheers

IMO no, your Thridi has higher level and smooth sound as well

May 26, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #2,879 of 10,020
IMO no, your Thridi has higher level and smooth sound as well
Yeah ok, was thinking the same. Damn these Kennerton headphones! I want to own more...lol

May 26, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #2,880 of 10,020
Yeah ok, was thinking the same. Damn these Kennerton headphones! I want to own more...lol

Upcoming Gjallarhorn has a tasteful and engaging sound. Very powerfull bass and forwarded mids. Something like LCD2 from your collection I guess. With outstanding noise isolation by the way.

if you want a more balanced and thoroughbred sound then Thekk or Wodan. They are awesome. But your Thridi has the same level

Users who are viewing this thread

Back