1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Thridi, Thekk, and Thror Discussion

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by bowei006, Sep 1, 2014.
First

Back
163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172
174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183
Next

Last
  1. eric65
    Yes, it is, like the Odin mk2, with a sound warm and as you say "romantic"; but the Vali and the Odin are romantic rockers, while the Thekk is more of a romantic crooner; or more precisely a romantic and exact and precise crooner for his voice. :beyersmile: :)

Beagle, XylefMTG and Arcamera like this.
  2. XylefMTG
    It's exactly that. I had never spent more than $350 on a headphone (Thieaudio Phantom) so I was nervous buying a headphone of the Vali's price, but I LOVE my 2019 Vali's and it was well worth it.

I haven't heard the old revision (I've heard good things about them too) but I often look at my Vali's from across the room and say, "I love you" :o2smile::o2smile::o2smile:.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  3. XylefMTG
    A thing of beauty.

eric65 likes this.
  4. XylefMTG
    Very excited to add as my go-to closed back headphone: Magni Bog Oak & Ash! Should arrive by next week-end. I can't wait to hear what they sound like!!!

[​IMG]
    (Stock photo)

NickMimi, eric65 and Arcamera like this.
  5. Beagle
    But Thekk is expensive...

[​IMG]
    (Stock photo)[/QUOTE]

That headband looks like it would go BONNNNGGGGGGG if you tapped on it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  6. eric65
    Yes, but no more than a Meze Empyrean or an Hifiman HE-1000 V2.

But less than a Kennerton Thror, a Hifiman HE-1000se or a Susvara, a Focal Utopia or an Audeze LCD4.

And it is also more lightweight than all these high-end headphones !

It's the price of the high-end technology used to build this headphones and its drivers.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  7. eric65
    Do not worry, this headband, flexible and lightweight, essentially metal, is very quiet once set up on the top of the skull and the headphones fits snugly.

8. eric65
    Congratulations.

If the source is good, and the amplifier is qualitative, the sound of the Magni will be very good, clear, precise, detailed, reasonably neutral; relatively open for a closed-back headphones; it should be heard at a lower SPL level than the Vali, with its sound slightly V-shaped.
    It should be perfectly complementary to your Vali 2019.:)

XylefMTG likes this.
  9. oqvist
    Look forward to here your comparison to the Vali 2019.

10. Beagle
    So you feel it competes with the Empyrean and HE1000V2?

11. eric65
    No, the price is the same, but the Thekk is much better (to my taste), more balanced for the tonality and the timbres (more just and natural), while remaining very precise and open enough, with, in particular, a very beautiful deep soundstage .

He-1000 V2 is too bright in the treble (for my ears) and is not dynamic enough.

Meze Empyrean has too much bass and becomes confused as soon as the sound message becomes more complex.

Arcamera, nick n and Beagle like this.
  12. Beagle
    Thanks for your clarification. I had been considering the Meze but have heard other reports about excessive bottom. I'd want to hear for myself but demoing flagships is virtually impossible unless you live near a city with a major hi-end retailer.

13. eric65
    Hello everyone,

I take again the example of Hifiman with the HEK (Hifiman HE-1000 V1 and V2).

I don't go back to the sound of the HEK appreciated by many, even if personally I find it a little too high in level in the treble; but this time on the quality of construction of this headphone and in particular the wood used.

Let's face it, the wood used for the HEK's oval cups doesn't make me dream, unlike the wood species used with my Odin mk2 (wooden in natural Karelian birch) and my Thekk (wooden in stabilized Karelian birch).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For this last headphones (my Thekk), with the warm lighting of my hallogen lamp located behind my sofa; in the evening, it surprises me to dream with this headphones by looking very closely at the coloured patterns of its stabilized Karelian birch wood; and my imagination has no limits with such a wooden finish...

... and I imagine what this little piece of coloured wood can represent, in my sleepy and dreamy imagination of last night:
    - the Jovian clouds seen from the Jupiterian probe Juno?
    - the prehistoric cave of Lascaux with its fantastic animals?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  14. Arcamera
    I own the HiFi Man HE1000v2, and I find it frustrating. Along with the Focal Utopia, it is the most transparent headphone I've yet owned. But, also like the Utopia, it's too problematic in other ways. As Eric mentioned, it's a little too bright up top, and too 'soft' in presentation-- not dynamic enough. It's also really hard to drive adequately. When I switch back to my Odin, it feels like a relief: like putting flesh back on the bones! Still lots of good detail, but also greater tonal richness and dynamism.

eric65 likes this.
  15. eric65
    Good morning, everyone.

About fantastic animals and the Kennerton Thekk headphones, and imaginary details visible on the wood of the cups of this headphones, well I see here a bird on the water (a swan?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like the swan on a lake?

Or rather Swan Lake?

[​IMG]

And why not listen with this Russian headphones (the Thekk) to Russian music accompanying this Swan Lake, orchestrated by Piotr Tchaïkovsky, and see also a very beautiful Russian ballet too? :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Arcamera likes this.
First

Back
163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172
174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183
Next

Last