Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 17, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #2,161 of 10,017
Slightly off topics, but has anyone heard/got any comment/impression on Fischer Audio (Kennerton)'s M12s?

Fischer Audio M12s are designed for professional use (the letter "s" stands for Studio). Those cans' best job is to highlight the instrumental and vocal parts of composition and suit for long studio performance to catch flaws. M12s are also very comfortable - lightweight and soft cushions - the closest metaphor I imagine is home slippers.
Accent is on mids and highs, those do that with great detailing, but not aggressively, bass is precise, not loose.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #2,163 of 10,017
Apr 21, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #2,164 of 10,017
Apr 24, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #2,165 of 10,017
Hello everyone,

The shortage of Kennerton headphones is very real, starting in Russia for people who want to listen to a Kennerton headphones before buying it.

After Saint Petersburg, Moscow will soon have its own Showroom for listening to Kennerton headphones.

Quote (after DeepL translation from Russian into English).

" Getting ready to open a demo room with Kennerton headphones in Moscow.

Production of Kennerton headphones is located in St. Petersburg. These are wonderful headphones, widely known abroad. They are also known in Russia, but are represented by an incomplete range in a limited number of shops. The main reason is that demand exceeds supply and new headphones are bought before they are available for sale.

In St. Petersburg it is not difficult to ask for a visit to the manufacturer and listen to everything calmly. Residents of other cities have an opportunity to get acquainted with the products only during large exhibitions.

This gap will be partially closed through the opening of the showroom in Moscow, where it will be possible to listen to the actual assortment of Kennerton in a quiet atmosphere.

The demo hall will be opened with the support of the RAA project. We have already received a part of it and we will gradually lay out measurement reports. Perhaps, we will make reviews with a technical bias.

In plans to present in a demo hall in addition a collection of Soviet headphones for demonstration of "progress". It is often believed that there are no domestic headphones or that modern models are not far from what was produced in the Soviet era.

The opening date, schedule and address will be published later. "

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/news44.php

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #2,167 of 10,017
Hi all.

Almost 300,000 views for this Kennerton generalist thread.

It is rather a success after an uncertain start; the thread could have vegetated like so many others, and the brand Kennerton could have disappeared from circulation, like so many others.

Kennerton products being good to very good, and original, with character and a very pleasant sound; moreover, they are constantly improving; it now remains to develop Kennerton's industrial tool with a new five-year plan so that the current shortage of headphones will disappear and production will grow from a few dozen headphones a month to a few thousand?

19042403440723553816210759.jpg

1l-image-190.jpg

2018-2019 : https://vk.com/video-177298044_456239035

19022806172923553816139801.png

Hand-assembly in Saint Petersburg (Russia) of the Kennerton Thror, a very luxurious and high-end (and high-tech) planar headphones, designed by Max (and collaborators), the chief engineer of Kennerton, who has a lot of work and orders to honor now .:)

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #2,170 of 10,017
(Note : Kennerton Odin mk3 is perhaps a prototype of the Kennerton Odin Thridi or an early version ; not the final (current) version).

Kennerton Odin mk3 = Kennerton Odin Thridi
It is the same current model version, and Thridi literally means "the third".

Why the graphs differ on Reference Audio Analyzer and where did they get their different "mk.3" is a question for me, which I will get into. Thank you for pointing this out, Eric!

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #2,171 of 10,017
Thanks Eric and Kennerton for this news !

For me Thridi has a little more bass and sub than Odin.Thror has a little more sub than Odin but the same amount of bass.I had also heard a level of treble on Thror that was positioned between Odin and Thridi, less than Odin but more than Thridi.

But I do not know much about RF so I only rely on my listening impressions :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #2,172 of 10,017
Hello everyone.

One hypothesis, to explain the difference of FR between the Odin mk3 (which is actually an Odin Thridi, according to Kennerton) and the curve of FR published lately (on RAA) for the Odin Thridi (in this case, a superb Odin Thridi "brand new" in Karelian birch): well, it is precisely that the latter Odin Thridi appears on the site RAA as new, ie not burn-in (or insufficiently burn-in) compared to the Odin mk3 (hypothesis ).

However, I have the impression that the Odin Thridi (and the Thror) not burn-in (new) are restrained in the frequency response, both in the sub-bass (which are initially restrained and which expand by the continuation with burn-in), but also in the treble, which extends and is also released (unfettered) with burn-in.
It's at least the impression that I had with my Thror at the beginning (and also with my Odin mk2 at the beginning) when they were new (not burn-in) (treble and low was perfectibles at the beginning, like restrained, not extended, and lacking fluidity).

19042612294823553816213174.jpg

19042602305623553816213273.jpg

https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/hp/kennerton-odin-mk3.php
Odin mk3 (early Odin Thridi, with the chevron grids, distinct of the Odin mk2 grids, because here in composite material, and not in Zinc like the Odin mk2).
Odin mk3 here burn-in (hypothesis) for the measurement curve of the FR on RAA.

19042602305623553816213272.jpg

https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/hp/kennerton-odin-tridi.php
Odin Thridi (here in Karelian birch)
Odin Thridi new (no or poorly burn-in) for the measurement curve of FR on RAA (hypothesis).

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #2,173 of 10,017
Thanks Eric and Kennerton for this news !

For me Thridi has a little more bass and sub than Odin.Thror has a little more sub than Odin but the same amount of bass.I had also heard a level of treble on Thror that was positioned between Odin and Thridi, less than Odin but more than Thridi.

But I do not know much about RF so I only rely on my listening impressions :beyersmile:

Hello Milan.

There are of course the objective FR curves of the Kennerton Odin, Thridi and Thror headphoness, which can of course be compared to each other (because they are made on the same measuring platform on the Russian RAA measurement site)
(nb: see these FR curves of these 3 Kennerton headphones in my previous posts, above).

But there is also, what is imho even more interesting to visualize, the levels by register extrapolated from these curves of FR, and there, this presentation of the levels by register joins well the impressions of listening, Milan: it that is to say that the Odin lacks sub-bass, and also a little high-medium-low treble, but not treble; that the Thror is the richest in sub-bass, the most balanced for the three registers (Low- Middle- High), with just a discreet lack of high-medium-low treble (less marked than the Odin) and the high-treble, attenuated (it is in this meaning less brilliant in the high treble than the Odin); Finally, and this is the impression felt by Milan, the Thridi is the most loaded bass, but it lack of high-medium and especially treble (it is the one of these three headphones with the lowest treble levels).

19042707502823553816214932.jpg

19042707502823553816214933.jpg

19042707502823553816214934.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #2,174 of 10,017
Hello everyone.

There is somewhere in Europe, somewhere in the south of France where life is good, a prodigious place where you can listen in peace of mind the most beautiful headphones and headphone amps in the world.

I was there yesterday, with my compatriot Milan, at the birthday of this prestigious headphones showroom, unique in the world, comfortably seated in a leather sofa, listening to some beautiful headphones and headphone amplifiers.

Last year an Israeli made a special trip to Tel Aviv to listen to all these headphones and headphone amplifiers ; this year it was a Belgian from Brussels.

In this photo you can see me in reflection on a window (red arrow); I invite you to discover on the video youtube below this magical place, presented by the master of ceremonies, Pierre Paya.

What beautiful material in exhibition ; we had the opportunity to listen to them at leisure yesterday, privileged people we are. :)

19042910503523553816217207.jpg

To dream a little .... :)

and some comments from me (in french), here:
https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=2140#p2140

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back