1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Thridi, Thekk, and Thror Discussion

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by bowei006, Sep 1, 2014.
First

Back
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121
Next

Last
  1. tienbasse
    They may be, but to me and I'm sure I'm not the only one, this is a built donwngrade from the Magister.
    The original Magister bog oak cups look much nicer, especially with the metal plate.
    I don't care that this makes the price go down, I just don't like the look of the new cups.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  2. Arcamera
    I like the look of both the old and the new cups. I just hope I like the sound signature of the new design.

3. eric65
    Me too,

The designs of the cups (of the new magister Pro versus the old version) are completely different; the sound must also be different.

Otherwise, the first five Thror's serie should arrive in France, I hope before April 15 (including mine).

Kennerton Thror should be present at Singapore's CanJam next weekend.

4. etnt
    6D9BA5D0-31EC-45D3-8260-7DDD433F5121.jpeg The thror

Arcamera and eric65 like this.
  5. eric65
    Wow! :)

Is this the show model exhibited at CanJam in Singapore this weekend?
    That to say that in a few weeks, I should normally receive mine.

Can't wait much longer.:beyersmile:

Thank you for this beautiful photo of the "powerful" and very promesing Kennerton Thror, with, I see, his new custom Litz cable.

6. etnt
    Yes, that’s at canjam sg.

Had a nice chat with Mr Valentin

7. eric65
    Good! :)

Personally I thank M. Valentin Kazanzhi (the CEO of Kennerton) for all the efforts he makes, he and his team, to get us out of such good headphones, including this highly anticipated Thror, their new flagship planar headphones.

Arcamera likes this.
  8. etnt
    eric65 likes this.
  9. tienbasse
    Maybe, except that you can get second hand models at great prices here, and honestly, varnished sapele looks very "basic/bland". My last choice by far in terms of wood essence, despite its exotic origin. Now that they have annouced a new flagship, Odin is going to lose value, so no, the price is good but not that great.

10. etnt
    IMO, I wouldn't say that the Thror is a replacement or displacement of Odin. It's more complementary.

It's more airy, punches faster but also drier in tone compared to the Odin.

I'm definitely not letting go of my Odin, and will (im)patiently await the next headphone that Mr Valentin is coming up with.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Kennerton Team, Arcamera and eric65 like this.
  11. eric65
    I agree.

Odin and Thror are perfectly complementary; the ideal would be to have both.

I ordered the Thror, but I keep preciously my lovely Odin mk2.

The Thror is more technical, faster, straighter, more neutral (less hot), more extended to the extremes of the FR, and more airy than the Odin; it is more suited to classical and symphonic music.

The Odin is warmer and fun to listen, ideal for rock, pop, jazz.

Kennerton Team and Arcamera like this.
  12. Arcamera
    When funds permit, I would love to get the Thror as my main Classical headphone. I look forward to hearing more impressions...

In the meantime, I'm very happy with my (two) Odin's. I still prefer them over anything I've heard by Sennheiser, Focal, JPS, Beyerdynamic, Audeze, etc...

eric65 likes this.
  13. etnt
    eric65 and Arcamera like this.
  14. eric65
    Hi all.

Kennerton Odin Raw FR versus Kennerton Vali, Focal Elear, HD800, AKG 812 Pro.
    (no other comparatives found)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    DancingShade likes this.
First

Back
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121