1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Thridi, Thekk, and Thror Discussion

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by bowei006, Sep 1, 2014.
First

Back
94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103
105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
Next

Last
  1. Fink24
    George Taylor likes this.
  2. eric65
    Hello everyone,

The Kennerton Magister (about $ 900), an electrodynamic headphone, back closed, was removed from the Kennerton site.

It seems that this headphone is now replaced by a new version, both improved and cheaper (at least in Europe: price of the new headphone 700 euros (all tax includ) versus 920 Euros including tax for the former Magister). Its name: the Magister Pro.
    (see photo Below)

[​IMG]

This is an improved version of the old Magister on several points:
    Replacement of fragile plastic parts, either with better parts, plastic or brass parts; two types of pads come with the headphones (leather pads and velvet pads): the velvet pads would give a more balanced sound (FR less rising) and would be more comfortable than the leather pads.
    Cups of different internal and external design are made of Sappeli wood.

You can also see this video (in French) showing the details and new features of this new headphone as well as images showing how to loosen the clamping of the headphone without breaking the arch, if the clamping of this headphone was to be found too strong.

Arcamera likes this.
  3. Kennerton Team
    Yes, right now there is only natural wood version available.

4. Arcamera
    To LaCuffia: the Vali is a fabulous headphone. I'd get it in whatever format. I'll be getting a second pair, when funds permit. Enjoy...

eric65 likes this.
  5. LaCuffia
    Yes, I am seriously considering it.....I have the FA-011 Anniversary and it sounds excellent, especially for the price. The Vali would probably be a significant upgrade.

Arcamera likes this.
  6. eric65
    Hello everyone,

Hi Andrew (@Arcamera) :)

Yes, the Vali (like the Odin) are some "super headphones" giving a lot of fun.

Some are even fans !

From 17 to 50 yo, or even more, these headphones make wreaking havoc in hearts.

"Odin, if not nothing!" is what we sometimes read on the French forum TN.
    http://www.tellementnomade.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=11426&start=1275

"The Vali is fabulous; I want to have two": thats what we're currently reading on Head-Fi.

"I am 17 years old, the chosen one of my heart is the Odin and I dream to have one (after listening to other TOTL headphones of other brands)": that's what we read recently on the thread Kennerton on the French forum HCFR (in the process of exceeding the Stax thread of the same forum)
    http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/...rton-fischer-audio-inside-t30059943-7875.html

These are youth headphones, made for young people (under 55 yo :beyersmile:); the older ones will buy Stax SR-009, Susvara or Utopia!

Have a good day.

Eric

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Arcamera likes this.
  7. eric65
    YtseJamer likes this.
  8. Kennerton Team
    Recently we found a beautiful, extremely rare and expensive Pale Moon Ebony plank, and decided to give it a go.
    So here it is, Pale Moon Ebony Odin, only 3 pcs are made.

odin-ebony-9-900x900.jpg
    (Photo is a bit more pinkish than it is in real world)

Pale Moon Ebony, also known as Black and White Ebony comes mostly from Laos, although the trees may be found in other parts of southeastern Asia. Extremely rare and exotic wood and I doubt we will ever have another opportunity to work with it :) It is known for its richly variegated coloration mixing vivid white with darkest black streaks. It is a very hard and dense wood and it took a lot of effort to manufacture.

Also, you may have noticed several differences in the photo above. And indeed, wood is not the only one:

- This 3 pcs have unique serial numbers: 01/03, 02/03 and 03/03
    - New wider headband with soft filling and better leather
    - Custom 6.3" litz cable included by default

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  9. eric65
    Splendid, really splendid! :)

but 50,000 dollars (*), wow!

Too bad that this beautiful (and precious) essence of lunar ebony wood is not accessible to your future flagship, the Kennerton Tror: it would have been an exceptional headphone, both for its sound quality and beauty!

Maybe one day ? :beyersmile:

(*) the price, per m2, of lunar ebony (parquet floor)

Note, for more infos: see also: http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=142284&page=103&p=2389597&viewfull=1#post2389597

10. eric65
    Rectification: $2,990 only this very exclusive serie (3 copies) of this Odin mk2 in moon-pale ebony wood (rare and expensive), and not $50,000! :beyersmile:

with the custom Litz cable (by default) (sold otherwise $390, retail)
    and with an improve secondary suspension headband, wider, padded, more comfortable (like the famous Kekennerton headband V2 in France).

https://kennerton.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=135

Superb ! :)

[​IMG]

11. etnt
    I'm trying to order the custom litz cable from kennerton website but they do not appear to ship to Singapore (I cannot choose the country), and neither is Kennerton responding to email queries regarding this (sent to info@kennerton.com)

12. Kennerton Team
    Vali is on Massdrop, so who wanted it - it is your chance. This time however it is the usual silver version, not black.
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/kennerton-vali-exclusive-massdrop-edition

Also here is newest review on it from Headphonics: https://headfonics.com/2018/01/kennerton-vali-review/

Yes, we have a partner in Singapore, that's why we do not have shipping available. However, they do not have cables in stock right now. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll pm to you tomorrow with details

Arcamera, heliosphann and YtseJamer like this.
  13. Arcamera
    That is a beautiful Odin-- wow!

eric65 likes this.
  14. eric65
    Yes ! :)

Here, a photo gallery of this beautiful pale lunar ebony headphone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Monsterzero and Arcamera like this.
  15. eric65
    Hello everyone,

A New Hope, for the Kennerton Odin !

The Odin is heavy: 678 g (without the wire) for my version (with the improved secondary head-band)

The prototype of the Tror is much lighter (200 g less: 470 g, be the weight of a Stax SR-009 without the wire), and this can be felt on the head.

The fault of this overweight is partly in relation with the heavy external grids in chevron (in zinc) of the Odin.

One hope, the future external grids of the Odin could be in a new material: result: 100 g less for the Odin! :)

[​IMG]
    My Odin mk2 wooden in Karelian Birch with the improved secondary head-band : 678 g

[​IMG]
    Kennerton Tror (prototype) : only 470 g ! (200 g less than the Odin mk2)

[​IMG]
    max_audiomaster Testing a new composite grill. Minus 100 grams (for the Kennerton Odin)

EDIT: See also, in French, this retrospective of Odin headphones between the first production (from June 2015) and the very last (from January 2018):

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post179447740.html#p179447740

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
First

Back
94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103
105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
Next

Last