Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jan 9, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #1,921 of 10,015
How recently did you contact them? I've found them to be very quick to respond to messages, I consistently get replies the next day (and that is only because I am on the opposite side of the world).

I can PM you the email address of the guy that I deal with if you'd like?

// Alex
Thanks!!

Jan 13, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #1,923 of 10,015
Hello everyone,

A big challenge for the Kennerton Thror that just posted me in link attached, my brother, passionate about reproduction of the piano, just like me.

Despite the quality of the audio format used under youtube, my brother offers the test / game for your favorite headphones: locate among the 4 pianos the scores that are played on the 3 Steinway pianos and those on the Kawai piano (high end).

Bach-Vivaldi / Concerto for 4 Pianos / MultiPiano Ensemble (very nice recording - especially if listened with a very good headphones - :) )

EDIT: in a totally different style (and more modern), another musical genre where the Thror excels ...

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #1,924 of 10,015
Hi all,

81QADLU6tAL._SL1500_.jpg

19011709121223553816080660.jpg

Listen to this Live In Prague (Hans Zimmer) with my audio system : Blu-ray player panasonic top of the line ; dac Audiomat Maestro Reference (link in audio numeric coaxial mode in output of the blu-ray player) ; Viva Egoista 2A3 amp and Kennerton Thror planar headphones (with Litz wire Vectura C Cable).

in a few words, with my audio system, this live listening, in Dolby Atmos, is very impressive, awesome and grandiose. :)

Buy it ! (The blu-ray concert Live), not my audio system, though... :dt880smile:

Highlights of the concert: Gladiator, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Dark Knight Medley; Not to mention the iconic interstellar Medley and Inception.

Note: The sound quality, in Dolby Atmos, is very impressive (nb: nothing to do with the compressed sound of YouTube); with a good headphone and a good audio system, it's great; the dynamics and the level of the bass are more than sufficient (nb: the headphone must be very discriminating if one wants to appreciate distinctly all the instruments played); the rise in power of the orchestra - which we can very dimly imagine the rendering on the two videos YouTube below, is really impressive on the Blu-Ray, in Dolby Atmos, with a great clarity, dynamics, and separation of desks and instruments.
Once again, buy the Blu-Ray disc od this Concert Live In Prague to be convinced (and also the headphones that goes well with :beyersmile: ).

Very impressive (with the Kennerton Thror headphones, in Dolby Atmos).

Idem.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #1,925 of 10,015
Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #1,926 of 10,015
Hi all.

81QADLU6tAL._SL1500_.jpg

Which is good after I saw and heard with the Thror headphones the Blu-ray Concert of Hans Zimmer "Live in Prague" (Dolby Atmos sound, with my Panasonic DMP-BDT700 TOTL Blu-ray player on my big Panasonic TX-P65VT20 plasma TV screen); well, this Live in Prague concert makes you strongly want to see (and re see) all the Blu-ray movies where we find the music of the movies composed by this Mozart of modern times who is Hans Zimmer. :)

19011709121223553816080660.jpg

19011901361523553816082765.jpg

Okay, but by which of these Blu-ray movies must we start?
That is the question ! :beyersmile:

Have a nice week-end.:)

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #1,927 of 10,015
Wink to @Arcamera. :)

Andrew, do you play bass guitar (5-string) just as this charming lady does ? (in the video below of the Live Concert in Prague by Hans Zimmer).
(Note: very good rendering of the bass guitar with the headphones Kennerton Thror and also the Odin).

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #1,928 of 10,015
Lovely Eric :)

I used to play the bass, yes. 4-string mostly. Some of my old bandmates have become fairly well known in the jazz/hip-hop/pop/rock worlds, such as Kurt Rosenwinkel in jazz guitar, Christian McBride in jazz bass, and Questlove from The Roots on drums... And I love how Kennerton renders bass :) I'm sure it sounds excellent with the Thror...

Jan 22, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #1,929 of 10,015
There were other musicians I used to be in bands with, some people might recognize. One of my dearest old musician friends is Jimi Paxson, who is the drummer for Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham (most of Fleetwood Mac actually) and artists such as The Dixie Chicks, Ben Harper, Alanis Morissette, etc...

Jan 23, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #1,930 of 10,015
Thank you Andrew for these clarifications. :)
I love listening to the bass guitar, but I do not know how to play it. Ditto for the piano.

Well, Andrew, I was able to compare the Thror with a high-end speakers after listening with these two audio system (headphones and speakers) the Hans Zimmer's Live Concert in Prague at my friends and neighbors musicians (Note: she's a clarinet teacher, and him is a saxophone teacher and conductor orchestra of a small ensemble in the provinces).
Well, the Thor was much better for the bass, but the high-end speakers were a bit better for the treble.
More read (in the french forum) here: https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=769#p769

Otherwise, Pierre Paya (distributor of the brand Kennerton in France) will soon release (early February) a video of the Kennerton Odin mk3 Thridi (in french); but our young friend @Milan01 will present it here on Head-Fi with a summary of comments in English; he is much better in English than me! :beyersmile:

Eric

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #1,931 of 10,015
I've recently had the pleasure of listening to the Vali for a short while. Such a delightfully rich sound. I'd buy them in an instant if they weren't so heavy. Does anyone know of other headphones with the same sound signature but that are more comfortable to wear?

Jan 23, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #1,932 of 10,015
I have been looking around for a Kennerton Odin but without much success. If anyone knows someone selling on other forums, appreciate if you can PM me ...thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back