Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Apr 17, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #7,771 of 10,020
Apr 17, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #7,774 of 10,020
The Warm Fuzzies and Gel Pads are in the house, I currently have the Fuzzies strapped on to the LSA Diamonds and just wow, they sound fantastic. Though that's a misnomer, they sound like nothing, the head stage remains expansive, but the details within that stage are now so clearly defined that it triggers my “jump” factor. That's when it sounds so real it triggers a physiologic response!

Oh, and they are so damn comfy, it's like taking the soft, fuzzy dice off of a ‘72 Nova and holding them against your ears!!! They fit terrifically over my reading glasses, so well, is say they are a must-have for Kennerton (or ZMF) owners who have glasses or use readers! So highly recommended.

Potential issues, sound-wise, do they roll-off the top end a tad, time will tell. Plus, I'm not sure they could handle multiple uninstall/re-installs.

Apr 18, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #7,775 of 10,020
The Warm Fuzzies and Gel Pads are in the house, I currently have the Fuzzies strapped on to the LSA Diamonds and just wow, they sound fantastic. Though that's a misnomer, they sound like nothing, the head stage remains expansive, but the details within that stage are now so clearly defined that it triggers my “jump” factor. That's when it sounds so real it triggers a physiologic response!

Oh, and they are so damn comfy, it's like taking the soft, fuzzy dice off of a ‘72 Nova and holding them against your ears!!! They fit terrifically over my reading glasses, so well, is say they are a must-have for Kennerton (or ZMF) owners who have glasses or use readers! So highly recommended.

Potential issues, sound-wise, do they roll-off the top end a tad, time will tell. Plus, I'm not sure they could handle multiple uninstall/re-installs.
Agree I have them on my diamonds also

Apr 18, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #7,776 of 10,020
My beloved GH50 returned after a relaxing MKii/new headband visit to the Massaria Kennerton spa.

20220418_190149~2.jpg20220418_190436.jpg

Apr 19, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #7,779 of 10,020
Out of curiosity, which Kennertons have the darkest - darker signatures? If one exists...
To my knowledge that would be either the Magni or Gjallarhorn GH50, the regular version and not the JM Edition. I haven't heard any of the other models including the Gjallarhorn GH40 but maybe someone else can chime in here.

Apr 19, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #7,780 of 10,020
To my knowledge that would be either the Magni or Gjallarhorn GH50, the regular version and not the JM Edition. I haven't heard any of the other models including the Gjallarhorn GH40 but maybe someone else can chime in here.
If those are indeed the darkest models, it's safe to say that Kennerton isn't going to be my cup of tea.

Apr 19, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #7,781 of 10,020
Does anyone have the GH50 frequency response? I'm interested to see how it compares to the GH50 JM response.

By the way, for those that have the GH50 JM does it pair better with a tube amp, or a solid state amp? Was thinking of getting a tube amp once I buy the GH50 JM. I've been thinking on getting either the Bottlehead Crack, or the Schiit Valhalla 2.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #7,782 of 10,020
For anyone interested, I've now received the D8K Pro and indeed they compliment the Rognir very well. A brief comparison here.

Sounds interesting, and that fact that the Rognir is close to it despite being a closed back is pretty impressive. Closed backs are getting better and better, and although I normally don't prefer open backs due to lack of isolation, there's even less reason to get an open-back for my uses.

Apr 19, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #7,783 of 10,020
By the way, for those that have the GH50 JM does it pair better with a tube amp, or a solid state amp? Was thinking of getting a tube amp once I buy the GH50 JM. I've been thinking on getting either the Bottlehead Crack, or the Schiit Valhalla 2.
I own a GH50 JM Edition (original modification). It pairs well with solid-state or tube h/p/a. Take a look at post #5,814 (on page 388) of this thread. You may get fired up!

Apr 19, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #7,784 of 10,020
I own a GH50 JM Edition (original modification). It pairs well with solid-state or tube h/p/a. Take a look at post #5,814 (on page 388) of this thread. You may get fired up!
ah thanks for that! Glad to see that the horns to well on tubes

Apr 19, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #7,785 of 10,020
Does anyone have the GH50 frequency response? I'm interested to see how it compares to the GH50 JM response.

for me- they like Class A SS sound with loads of juice on tap but they will drive ez with portable amps too - honestly an OTL is not for the GH50 at all since OTL amps do best and thrive w/ headphones with much higher impedance- The entire Kennerton line is ez to drive but some Valve amps do work but the Bottllehead type OTLs are not a good match- if you could bump the ohm rating up to 300Ω with an inline headphone wire barrel at the end where it connects the headphone wire to the amp (think trs or XLR barrel converter- an idea I was rolling around with Kennerton a year ago) you could make all the Kennertons compatible with Crack amps or similar OLT- I know there are tons of kenneron owners who use tube amps but not the crack

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back