Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Dec 2, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #6,481 of 10,020
Kennerton always making products better I applaud that and know that’s the only way forward- imagine ALL the big companies admitting and FIXING issues! (im thinking of the fat farma companies especially)

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #6,482 of 10,020
1. There is no way to convert the Kennerton Magni V.1 to V.3. Moreover, it would be a pointless waste of time.
2. It is POSSIBLE to turn the Magni V.2 into a V.3. The point is that the difference between them is not that big.
3. We did at one time upgrade the Magni V.2 to V.3. it was done with the last MAGNI V.2 in 12 pieces. This is absolutely normal practice with all manufacturers.
As an example - I bought a Lincoln Navigator in the mid-2000s. I didn't buy it new, but it was fresh enough. My surprise was very great when I found out during maintenance that it was a transitional model between the 1st version and the 2nd version: some parts in it were from the first generation and other parts were from the next generation. That didn't stop me from using this car for many years. In fact, I remember it and love it to this day (I love big American cars! They have their own special charm and charisma!). Did Ford cheat me by producing my Lincoln? I think not. It is a normal practice. Moreover, after buying a Mercedes GL500 I encountered the same situation !!! The inside of this Mercedes was ALL ABOUT the previous generation Mercedes AMG GL53 ! Did Mercedes cheat me? No! And I don't want to part with this car until now!!! It turns out that before every new version of a car is released, at the end of the year, manufacturers almost always produce similar transitional models.
And you won't see any information about it anywhere! Because in any manual, you will find a phrase like, "The manufacturer reserves the right to make changes to the product without notice to consumers."
4. All 12 units of transitional Magni V.3 were sold out in Russian market only with a big discount price. Also, if you remember the differences between the RRP in Russia and other countries was too big, all in Russia was in times cheaper! But for the lust couple of months, the difference between the prices has become minimal. So all is very simple and clear.
5. As i know, you bought used Magni from a private person. And tell me please how we can control the information about your unit he shared with you? We are always honest with our own customers, keeping no secrets, and always takes responsibility for our products.
P.S. Sorry for my awful English and for such a long text...
But in the case of Magni that I was asked about - I don't understand what our fault is? WE DIDN'T SELL THIS PARTICULAR HEADPHONE TO THIS PARTICULAR PERSON! He bought it used from a private owner.

Thanks for the detailed reply. But that car reference again... I find it irrelevant because we are not talking about cars. Also, I don't like cars and I, thank God, don't have one. But I like headphones, and to me, units that have absolutely different cups aren't the same model.

You emphasize that I bought it second-hand, as if it changes something. The fact is, the guy I bought it from didn't know he was buying a modified version. This is what I'm talking about. You didn't inform him. Otherwise, he might not have bought it. He received an enhanced package (an extra cable), but he didn't receive information. I enjoyed your Magnis, but this non-informing is questionable, can't see how it can be called "honest with customers". I like that, you sell a modded HP to an unaware customer, and when the second owner finds out about it, you say it's his problem because he purchased it second-hand. Yes, you might be putting some extra honesty with international clients, but it seems you don't care as much with your local ones.

Also, could you ask your junior colleague to remove my personal details he posted out of spite on a Russian hi-fi forum? Thanks!

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #6,483 of 10,020
Thanks for the detailed reply. But that car reference again... I find it irrelevant because we are not talking about cars. Also, I don't like cars and I, thank God, don't have one. But I like headphones, and to me, units that have absolutely different cups aren't the same model.

You emphasize that I bought it second-hand, as if it changes something. The fact is, the guy I bought it from didn't know he was buying a modified version. This is what I'm talking about. You didn't inform him. Otherwise, he might not have bought it. He received an enhanced package (an extra cable), but he didn't receive information. I enjoyed your Magnis, but this non-informing is questionable, can't see how it can be called "honest with customers". I like that, you sell a modded HP to an unaware customer, and when the second owner finds out about it, you say it's his problem because he purchased it second-hand. Yes, you might be putting some extra honesty with international clients, but it seems you don't care as much with your local ones.

Also, could you ask your junior colleague to remove my personal details he posted out of spite on a Russian hi-fi forum? Thanks!

I have no skin in this debate, but just as an outsider looking in: How do you know that the owner didn't know? Maybe he did and didn't tell you so he could re-sell it for higher than if he told you. Why would they send him an enhanced package out of the blue unless there was some sort of compromise they agreed to?

People BS all the time, which is why you need to always check serial #'s, certificates, and confirm with manufacturers if need be. That's why Head Fi literally has an entire page on how to detect fraud...

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #6,484 of 10,020
I have no skin in this debate, but just as an outsider looking in: How do you know that the owner didn't know? Maybe he did and didn't tell you so he could re-sell it for higher than if he told you. Why would they send him an enhanced package out of the blue unless there was some sort of compromise they agreed to?

People BS all the time, which is why you need to always check serial #'s, certificates, and confirm with manufacturers if need be. That's why Head Fi literally has an entire page on how to detect fraud...
Yes, may be the first owner did know everything and lied to me about it, that's also an option. But I asked him directly, and he said he didn't know he was buying a modded version. And he seemed a decent guy.

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #6,485 of 10,020
Yes, may be the first owner did know everything and lied to me about it, that's also an option. But I asked him directly, and he said he didn't know he was buying a modded version. And he seemed a decent guy.

Key word: "Seemed" :)

Reminds me of those news segments where they interview the neighbors of a serial killer, and they always say something like "He seemed like such a quiet and nice man!" lol

Dec 3, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #6,487 of 10,020
How is it a fact? Kakiye vashi dokazatyelstva?

So the first owner not knowing is not a fact?
I'm just reproducing what the first owner had told me, which was he wasn't informed that he was buying a modded version. No need trying to bait me with the word choices. I don't need to prove anything, I'm just saying how things have are with the different cups on units of the same model, let Kennertons provide their proofs that they notify people when they sell modded versions because I don't have reasons to doubt the first owner. Other than that, let us all rest on the convenient idea that it was the original buyer who cheated everybody in order to earn those peanuts from selling his second-hand HP.

Dec 3, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #6,488 of 10,020
Did we just bypass the fact that owner of Kennerton just stated so perfectly that improvements are what drive great companies forward and he is offering the Rognir headband now for all models ! How awesome and we missed that - plus older models can get upgrade for $90 bucks??? And we aren’t applauding that move?

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #6,489 of 10,020
I tried to restore the whole history. The guy who sold these headphones is an absolutely honest person. He does not understand at all what the problem is. He came to our office, chose Magni headphones from the then V.2 series and from the experimental series (there were several different models for tuning the sound). He chose the best option in his opinion. We always give visitors a listen to all our new products and developments in order to get their opinion. This is absolutely normal practice. Thus, the buyer did not care which version, which experimental version, and so on. He chose from all the option that was the most preferable for him in sound. By the way, it was this option that later became v.3! The owner later sold these headphones. He doesn't understand WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? And I honestly don't understand either. Sorry, this is beginning to resemble some kind of meaningless conversation between two people who cannot hear each other - you can endlessly explain something to each other.

Dec 3, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #6,490 of 10,020
Did we just bypass the fact that owner of Kennerton just stated so perfectly that improvements are what drive great companies forward and he is offering the Rognir headband now for all models ! How awesome and we missed that - plus older models can get upgrade for $90 bucks??? And we aren’t applauding that move?
Check ‘private message’.

Dec 3, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #6,491 of 10,020
I tried to restore the whole history. The guy who sold these headphones is an absolutely honest person. He does not understand at all what the problem is. He came to our office, chose Magni headphones from the then V.2 series and from the experimental series (there were several different models for tuning the sound). He chose the best option in his opinion. We always give visitors a listen to all our new products and developments in order to get their opinion. This is absolutely normal practice. Thus, the buyer did not care which version, which experimental version, and so on. He chose from all the option that was the most preferable for him in sound. By the way, it was this option that later became v.3! The owner later sold these headphones. He doesn't understand WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? And I honestly don't understand either. Sorry, this is beginning to resemble some kind of meaningless conversation between two people who cannot hear each other - you can endlessly explain something to each other.
If it was as you are saying, then yes, it is a misunderstanding because an honest guy who sold me the headphones told me a different story, or part of it, and this is what he said: "I was buying an actual V3 version; I didn't know it was modded ["experimental"]; it just came with an extended package, so I suppose it can be deemed as a discount". So, I think, the conflict is off, as we won't be able to reveal the whole story, but no matter what I really enjoyed your headphone, and I think you did a great job with it. I apologize for the turmoil caused.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #6,492 of 10,020
257522901_4434916646626673_8603165945876432944_n.jpg
257461364_4434916649960006_2830421290232785093_n.jpg

WHAT is this? I found it on Kennerton facebook page.... closed back - with Kennerton markings... wow! not sure if anyone has more information on this...

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #6,495 of 10,020
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back