Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Aug 18, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #5,776 of 10,015
Having this Rögnir feels like you're holding Jupiter in your hands...

1629296891159.png

That's simply beautiful. No other words to describe this work of art. :)
Do not give more ideas to the people here :wink: ... I imagine one Kennerton enthusiast ordering a Rögnir "Jupiter" special edition...

Aug 19, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #5,777 of 10,015
Kennerton Thridi (or Kennerton Thridi, Odin, Thekk and Thror, and as a bonus - Vali).

Given that, thanks to a certain combination of circumstances, currently I have as many as four glorious representatives of Kennerton (Thridi, Odin, Thekk and Thror), I see no reason not to consider them all together (with some focus, however, on Thridi, since I have not previously recorded my impressions about them).

Highs of Thridi in intensity / brightness is perhaps an average of Thror and Thekk, closer rather to Thror both in volume and in character (although Thror will still be more sophisticated). Odin is the darkest, although it is difficult to call them frankly dark-muted. In general, the brightness of highs is as follows: Thekk > Thridi > Thror > Odin.

Mids of the Thridi is not bad, in general, it resembles Thror with a sweet / warm aftertaste, which is also characteristic of Thekk, but in the latter the injection of sweetness is much greater. Odin on the background of colleagues has the most simple and perhaps neutral mids without gloss as in Thror/Thekk/Thridi and without the sweetness of Thekk and Thridi.

Thridi’s bass – by volume and character generic - for all the classic line Thror-Thridi-Odin. In terms of volume and general character, it is very similar to Thror and Odin – not too big, fast and punchy. Level of details in bass– the maximum for Thror, Odin – a little slower/less detailed, Thridi – in the middle. Thekk - character of the bass is step to the side, has a noticeably larger volume and less concentration in this volume.

The Thridi’s soundstage is also generic in volume, relatively compact, as in Thror, Odin. Thekk also stands out in terms of the soundstage, noticeably surpassing Thror/Tridi/Odin in volume, in this aspect Thekk is the undisputed leader.

And as a bonus – Vali. The headphones are dynamic, unlike their colleagues (and they are not at hand now). Briefly described - the younger brother of Odin-s with an admixture of Audeze blood. Treble - quite comfortable, without sawing and gnashing of teeth. On the one hand, there are no big claims to the middle, on the other hand, there are no special delights - the usual middle of dynamic neutral-ish cans. The bass is not planar magnetic in sound signature, but it tries very hard - fast, a bit lacks details level and layered structure inherent in planar magnetic bass. The combination of power and speed is impressive for dynamic ears. The size of the soundstage is not huge, especially considering that the cans are open.

The general level of headphones - no surprises, most clearly seen in the diagram in the form of a "starmap" of headphones. This format of starmap is still experimental, link with more headphones (and no Kennertons yet) is below. I would appreciate comments on structure and content of starmap.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/headphones-starmap.953011

HP starmap 20210126_en.png
Hello, can you ad Thridi to your chart. Thank you!

Attachments

• gallery_11574_186_611412.jpg
    gallery_11574_186_611412.jpg
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 0
Aug 19, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #5,778 of 10,015
Got some curly maple magnis yesterday and so far so good. Did a bit of bending which helped with the sound.. overall, i am hoping to be done with all this craziness... Thanks to a family member who isn't shy on these pages for all of his errrmm help and advice.

Attachments

• 16293872933282780026570728709587.jpg
    16293872933282780026570728709587.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Aug 19, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #5,779 of 10,015
Hello to all.

After an absence of 3 months on your favorite forum, I owe you some explanations.

I was absent 3 months from head-fi, and in particular from the Kennerton generalist thread on head-fi, because I had nothing interesting news to say about the Kennerton brand, especially since the cancellation of the order of a custom Kennerton Rögnir (in blue stabilized Karelian birch) following Valentin's refusal to sell it to me without going exclusively through the French importer.
However, I categorically refuse to go through the French importer for the purchase of a custom Rognir, following deep disagreements with this importer, and also for personal reasons, one of which, not the least, is that of having been banned from 2 French forums (Musique-O-Casque and Tellement Nomade), in part, due to the responsibility of this importer.

Not having been able to buy the Rognir will not be a loss, because I remain very satisfied with the Thekk , for listening to classical piano as well as Symphonic Metal music.

Otherwise, a question to ask Valentin: how many Kennerton M12-S headphones (price: € 490) has the French importer sold in the last 6 months?
More than Shangri-La Sr (Price: € 18,000)?
This elitism of price makes me sick!

Finally, I'm going to conclude this post with a little off-topic (as a spoiler, for those who would like to know more about my character as a gambler and fighter (a bit passionate), it must be said).

During these 3 months of disaffection of the headphones forums, my eldest son and I invested ourselves in a challenge, the one of the absolute best ranking for the position in the team (podium ranking) in a well-know Russian realistic tank battles game (War Thunder).
(Note: more than 1 million players currently participate in this ranking).
The nicknames, as players, of my son and I, on this game War Thunder, are respectively pilusssss and pilussssss of the French-speaking team * ZQS *.

1st and 2nd in the world in this ranking, simply !

21081910060923553817533497.jpg

21081910060923553817533498.jpg

21081910060923553817533496.jpg

21081910060823553817533495.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #5,780 of 10,015
Hi (again).

Many thanks to Sandu Vitalie for his excellent review of the Apos Caspian headphones, which seems to have everything to please: build quality, design, sound and price ... :)

https://soundnews.net/headphones/fu...eadphone-review-soundnews-x-apos-x-kennerton/

21081910231623553817533511.jpg

The only regret (at the moment) is that, contrary to the LSA brand (also taking over OEM headphones "made by Kennerton"), that the sale of this Apos Caspian headphones is for the moment limited to the North American market (USA and Canada).

I dare to hope that, given the expected success, the sale of the Apos Caspian will be opened to other markets than the North American one: Europe, Russia, Asia, South America, Australia ...

IMHO, the Americans (and UPS) should be able to arrange this; this does not seem to me an unbearable challenge, especially for Americans in working relationship with Russia (manufacturer) and Romania (designer). A matter of goodwill.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #5,781 of 10,015
Got some curly maple magnis yesterday and so far so good. Did a bit of bending which helped with the sound.. overall, i am hoping to be done with all this craziness... Thanks to a family member who isn't shy on these pages for all of his errrmm help and advice.
That family member sounds like literally the greatest person ever.

Aug 19, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #5,782 of 10,015
Hello to all.

After an absence of 3 months on your favorite forum, I owe you some explanations.

I was absent 3 months from head-fi, and in particular from the Kennerton generalist thread on head-fi, because I had nothing interesting news to say about the Kennerton brand, especially since the cancellation of the order of a custom Kennerton Rögnir (in blue stabilized Karelian birch) following Valentin's refusal to sell it to me without going exclusively through the French importer.
However, I categorically refuse to go through the French importer for the purchase of a custom Rognir, following deep disagreements with this importer, and also for personal reasons, one of which, not the least, is that of having been banned from 2 French forums (Musique-O-Casque and Tellement Nomade), in part, due to the responsibility of this importer.

Not having been able to buy the Rognir will not be a loss, because I remain very satisfied with the Thekk , for listening to classical piano as well as Symphonic Metal music.

Otherwise, a question to ask Valentin: how many Kennerton M12-S headphones (price: € 490) has the French importer sold in the last 6 months?

Finally, I'm going to conclude this post with a little off-topic (as a spoiler, for those who would like to know more about my character as a gambler and fighter (a bit passionate), it must be said).

During these 3 months of disaffection of the headphones forums, my eldest son and I invested ourselves in a challenge, the one of the absolute best ranking for the position in the team (podium ranking) in a well-know Russian realistic tank battles game (War Thunder).
The nicknames, as players, of my son and I, on this game War Thunder, are respectively pilusssss and pilussssss of the French-speaking team * ZQS *.

Given that the French importer in question is one of the few EU distributors of Kennerton, can you expand a little on your beef (boeuf) with them? Is it the mark up cost?

Aug 19, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #5,783 of 10,015
Hello to all.

Welcome back Eric! Sucks to hear that because you have always been supporting the brand and one of the most active members on this thread.
I think you should be able of buying a headphone directly from Kennerton without the french importer, specially if it's a custom and considering what you have done for the brand.
I hope you can solve this and get a Rögnir soon.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #5,784 of 10,015
@eric65, I'm very happy that you are here again with us. I loved to read your Kennerton info and the way you posted that info sometimes made me smile.

You don't have to explain anything, The important thing is that you come back here :L3000: :beerchug: and I hope you are ok (I asked about you several times in this thread).

Next time, do us a favor and do an "Arnie": "I'll be back" :wink:

Aug 19, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #5,785 of 10,015
Given that the French importer in question is one of the few EU distributors of Kennerton, can you expand a little on your beef (boeuf) with them? Is it the mark up cost?

No.

The cost of the importer in France of Kennerton products is simple: It is the price before tax on the international Kennerton website + 20% (European) tax, no more, no less.

At one time, the prices of Kennerton headphones (if we put aside the taxes) were cheaper than on the international Kennerton website; this is not the case anymore, now.

No, the French importer of Kennerton products has opened a web site (a private forum but open to the public, "Musique O casque") to discuss of headphones (and amps for headphones) , and in particulare, with my participation, of Kennerton products ; he is is the webmaster, but I was fired of this forum for talking too much about Kennerton products; go figure.
I'm not sure that the French importer of Kennerton supports the brand as he did at the beginning; he prefers to sell other brands' headphones at more than 4000 Euros; I don't follow him!

Aug 19, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #5,786 of 10,015
Welcome back Eric! Sucks to hear that because you have always been supporting the brand and one of the most active members on this thread.
I think you should be able of buying a headphone directly from Kennerton without the french importer, specially if it's a custom and considering what you have done for the brand.
I hope you can solve this and get a Rögnir soon.

Thanks. :)

It's Valentin who decides where his interest lies between his French importer and that of his ex-fan N ° 1 of Kennerton on international forums.

That said, the choice having been made (in favor of its French importer); the right choice? the problem is closed.

I will live happily without the Rögnir, and with my Thekk.

That said, the Rögnir is no longer my current priority at all; In addition to my current challenge in tank games, I am preparing the return to school of my eldest son, a young bachelor, for his future high school prepa in the city of Lyon, in management. Rental prices are quite expensive in this city, not to mention all the furniture to buy needed for his studio room.

Aug 19, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #5,787 of 10,015
@eric65, I'm very happy that you are here again with us. I loved to read your Kennerton info and the way you posted that info sometimes made me smile.

You don't have to explain anything, The important thing is that you come back here :L3000: :beerchug: and I hope you are ok (I asked about you several times in this thread).

Next time, do us a favor and do an "Arnie": "I'll be back" :wink:

Thanks, too. :)

Aug 19, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #5,788 of 10,015
Thanks. :)

It's Valentin who decides where his interest lies between his French importer and that of his ex-fan N ° 1 of Kennerton on international forums.

That said, the choice having been made (in favor of its French importer); the right choice? the problem is closed.

I will live happily without the Rögnir, and with my Thekk.

That said, the Rögnir is no longer my current priority at all; In addition to my current challenge in tank games, I am preparing the return to school of my eldest son, a young bachelor, for his future high school prepa in the city of Lyon, in management. Rental prices are quite expensive in this city, not to mention all the furniture to buy needed for his studio room.
Totally understand you. Some things makes no sense but there's nothing you can do.
Good luck to both you and your son in your future endeavors.

Aug 20, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #5,790 of 10,015
@eric65 …. missed you dude. I am glad that you are in good health. I was worried something may have happened to you! Welcome back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back