Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
May 22, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #5,056 of 9,926
Hi all (again)

Comment from @levap (Pavel) on the Russian forum (link below) concerning the two versions of Kennerton Rognir (closed back planar headphone) present at the High end in Moscow (May 21-23).

Rognir version I (perforated pads) or Rognir version II (non-perforated pads): which one to choose?
Both, apparently!

https://www.dastereo.ru/t/naushniki-kennerton-i-fischer-audio/42248/339

I think Pavel will tell us about it very soon, here on head-fi (in English) of this memorable Moscow day! :)

May 22, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #5,057 of 9,926
@paradoxper

Hi.

I had seen that you had posted a sale listing for your Rögnirs.

In the case that that would be alright for you for me to enquire, I would be interested to know of why you had decided that you now would sell your Rögnirs.
The listing is a bit more of an Interest Check. The TC might very well make it to the chopping block.

As the truth is a little grey -- longer story short, with life returning to normalcy, I have more even time to listen to my speakers which is what I always prefer. I'm left with the dilemma of keeping an TC, Rognir or whatever with limited use.

I simply may keep the Rognir as It brings me an immense amount of enjoyment.

It's kind of either/or.

May 22, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #5,058 of 9,926
The listing is a bit more of an Interest Check. The TC might very well make it to the chopping block.

As the truth is a little grey -- longer story short, with life returning to normalcy, I have more even time to listen to my speakers which is what I always prefer. I'm left with the dilemma of keeping an TC, Rognir or whatever with limited use.

It's kind of either/or.
Is the interest check also the reason why the Listing is higher priced than a new Rögnir?

May 22, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #5,059 of 9,926
Is the interest check also the reason why the Listing is higher priced than a new Rögnir?
Technically no. The exchange rate at the time of my purchase was $3607.

May 22, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #5,060 of 9,926

It's kind of either/or.
That is interesting for me, that you possibly would sell your AB-1266 TCs, instead of sell your Rögnirs.

That would make me believe that the Rögnirs possibly would be more suitable for me, considering what you previously had described, regarding the "balance" that the Rögnirs possess for the sound performance, compared to the sound performance for the AB-1266 TCs.

May 22, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #5,061 of 9,926
That is interesting for me, that you possibly would sell your AB-1266 TCs, instead of sell your Rögnirs.

That would make me believe that the Rögnirs possibly would be more suitable for me, considering what you previously had described, regarding the "balance" that the Rögnirs possess for the sound performance, compared to the sound performance for the AB-1266 TCs.
I consider either very fun sounding while being especially technical. The Abyss may bring about more WOW and resolution where as the Rognir very much holds its own and offers a superb balance. I feel the voicing here is quite special.

I can't tell you what you'll like -- where the Rognir is great is in the cheating aspect of being closed and presenting very present bass that is quite fun, quite engrossing while remaining tight and acute on a level that can compete with the entirely visceral TC.

Keep both.

Shrugs.

May 22, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #5,062 of 9,926
Technically no. The exchange rate at the time of my purchase was $3607.
Did you Import directly from Kennerton?
Audio46 offers them for less.

However regardless of the 100bucks difference, it's weird to see it at full price since it is used now. Even if it is like new.

That's why I assumed it is connected to the interest check.

May 22, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #5,063 of 9,926
Did you Import directly from Kennerton?
Audio46 offers them for less.

However regardless of the 100bucks difference, it's weird to see it at full price since it is used now. Even if it is like new.

That's why I assumed it is connected to the interest check.
It's technically listed as more than 100 bucks. As I am, as I always do, shipping UPS 2nd Day Air.

However, if you haven't watched me sell before, you have been missing Head-Fi bargains. :laughing:

So you can either grab this up for $3k or the Abyss.

We'll call it a 'you snooze, you lose.'

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #5,064 of 9,926
However, if you haven't watched me sell before, you have been missing Head-Fi bargains. :laughing:
Yeah the only headphone I ever bought used was my Empyrean.
And for the gear I wouldn't be able to use most of your stuff anyways, due to the Voltage difference.

I missed out on A LOT of gear for that reason.
So many bargains all with the wrong Power Supply 😭

On the other Hand my wallet is probably saver that way

May 22, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #5,065 of 9,926
Yeah the only headphone I ever bought used was my Empyrean.
And for the gear I wouldn't be able to use most of your stuff anyways, due to the Voltage difference.

I missed out on A LOT of gear for that reason.
So many bargains all with the wrong Power Supply 😭

On the other Hand my wallet is probably saver that way
And I think you're doing just fine.

Abyss For Sale, if interested, whores. :grin:

May 22, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #5,066 of 9,926
I'm going to drop my Rognir to $3k. And keep TC a little rich.

I guess we'll see the demand.

May 22, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #5,067 of 9,926
Good morning all.

Kennerton guys are having a blast at the current High-end in Moscow expo (May 21-23).

We thus discover the very first "Mouth Audio" (intraoral earpiece), a world first! :beyersmile:

21052206405723553817428525.jpg

with the following description on the Russian forum (after google translation) (SPOILER)

"Business idea
"Mouth Audio"

Developer: **************************
Phone 8913 *********
email ridva____ov@gmail.com
Bk https://vk.com/na_____van a

Idea
Create a special model of headphones that will be worn on the inside of a person's cheek, i.e. over the mouth. The sound of music will take place in a human void. This will increase the effect of a person's immersion in music.

Last name
Since this electronic device will be worn on the mouth, it is proposed to name this invention "Mouth Audio".
Mouth - (Meuz) is translated as mouth.
Audio - (Audio) is translated as sound.
Mouth Audio - Audio of the mouth.
In the Russian market, this invention is proposed to be called "nartniki" Narrators, that is, put on the mouth.

Goal
Increase the rate of a person's involvement in music. A person will be completely immersed in an atmosphere of satisfaction, which will largely relax a person, in general, that is why he listens to music, a person.

Objectives For
dispel stereotypical use of headphones
Reinstall, create mouthpieces (Mouth Audio)
Product sales

Main characteristics and composition of the elements. Waterproof
cordless Made of water repellent material. The main material is rubber, polymer, for softness. The metal is stainless. Micro speakers.

The Mouth Audio security (handkerchief) will be housed in a special box. Inside the box, ultraviolet lamps will be placed which will emit ultraviolet light, this is to destroy bacteria and microbes that land on the surface of the populists during their operation.

Application
We propose to release a pilot version of the product.

Waiting
The growth of the popularity of the products will be in 2 stages
1 step, familiarity with the products, public recognition.
Stage 2, mass consumption of new products. I bring you a whole new model of headphones, as well as a whole new way to use this invention. I want to work with you. I myself am from Tomsk, student of NR TSU, 4th year "
Source: https://www.dastereo.ru/t/naushniki-kennerton-i-fischer-audio/42248/313

More seriously, during this Russian Hi-end exhibition in Moscow of Kennerton headphones, we find on the Russian forum opinions concerning the two versions of the Kennerton Rögnir presented at the exhibition: one called "fun" or "bassier" (with more bass) with a more V-shaped FR (probably with the original non-perforated pads) and the other so-called "correct" or "straight" (for the FR) or "good" (probably with the alternative perforated pads). Both versions sound very musical.

New link to follow on the russian forum: https://www.dastereo.ru/t/naushniki-kennerton-i-fischer-audio/42248/307

Have a good weekend, and for the guys from Kennerton currently in Moscow, a very good High-end show. :)

EDIT: Current High-end Show in Moscow (21-23 may) (pics)

21052208163423553817428533.jpg

21052208163323553817428531.jpg

21052208163323553817428532.jpg
Thank you very much for the info and the pics... There are some days that I want to be russian... :L3000:

By the way, in the last pic there is a guy with your future Rögnirs but without the special words you requested, like ithilienrp did...

May 23, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #5,068 of 9,926
Thank you very much for the info and the pics... There are some days that I want to be russian... :L3000:

By the way, in the last pic there is a guy with your future Rögnirs but without the special words you requested, like ithilienrp did...

Yes, indeed, that was the first thing I noticed.

A very nice headphones that this Kennerton Rögnir in Karelian birch. :)

21052308012023553817429379.jpg

Valentin (and Ivan) are currently very busy with this High end show in Moscow.

In my request for a special order of a Rögnir Custom in lacquered Karelian birch, with custom inscription (the same as my friend Dave's @ithilienrp), and the Custom cable in length 2 m 50 (instead of 2 m, because my Viva 2A3 amp (6.35 mm jack connectors) is located quite far from my sofa), I'll also make a request for this second pair of alternative pads (to the stock ones), i.e. the perforated ones to get both versions of the Rognir in a single headphones, as described by Pavel @levap on the Russian forum.

May 23, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #5,069 of 9,926
I think Pavel will tell us about it very soon, here on head-fi (in English) of this memorable Moscow day! :)
Thanks, Eric, you spot my posts faster, than I can translate them here ))

I visited Hi-Fi & High End Show (Moscow) yesterday and first of all - the Kennerton section. I listened to ROGNIR and WODAN, with whom I was not previously familiar. I took a laptop and a Chord TT with me for more familiar listening conditions.

ROGNIR. 2 versions could be heard at the show. To be honest, after Thekk, which I did not really like, ROGNIR listening session started with great doubts. Which, much to my relief, did not come true. I liked both versions overall. Please take into account when reading the review below )

ROGNIR Version 1. Highs slightly darkened, although there is no sense of significant loss. Mids are velvet-ish without sweet or gloss coloration. Bass resembles a Thekk - voluminous, but fast. In general, the balance of the headphones is rather neutral, which pleases after the Thekks. The soundstage for the closed cans is probably more than average, but it feels that the hradphones are still closed, some echoing is still present. Headphones are definitely one of the best closed cans that I've ever listened to.

ROGNIR Version 2. More bass, more powerful and cohesive sound signature. The soundstage is subjectively smaller, on average, more typical for closed headphones in size. The rest of the sound signature is relatively close to version 1, in my fast-listening-opinion.

The result – both versions were great, each in its own way. The first one is more versatile and more intelligent, thinner. The second is more energetic and fun. For the respective genres and tastes, you can choose accordingly.

WODAN. Against the background of senior colleagues, it sounds much more simplistic, alas. Perhaps in order to adequately evaluate them, it is worth listening to them again separately. Briefly about the sound signature. Highs – dark-ish with a slight loss of detail. Mids - generally similar to the ROGNIR, also without coloration emphasis. Bass is smaller in volume (although not to say that it is not enough, comparison with a "dark" version of ROGNIR) and lower in detail. May be just volume of the WODANs soundstage can compete with senior colleagues.

In conclusion, I was pleased that I was able to shake hands and talk with Valentin Kazanzhi, to thank him for the fact that we have such a phenomenon as Kennerton and with pleasure I repeat "thank you” here )

May 23, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #5,070 of 9,926
What are the differences of these Rögnir versions build wise? There isn't any mention of versions in their website so could it be only different pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back