Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Mar 1, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #4,501 of 10,020
Is the LSA 2 truly the same as the Gjallarhorn? anyone had the chance to test both?

i am really looking for a closed back with good bass extension and impact, nice mids and i don't care that much about the treble
The LSA HP-2 is, ostensibly, a Gjallarhorn in different clothes. However, there are owners of the HP-2 who have reported a variance in sound in comparison to impressions provided by Gjallarhorn owners (including myself).

With that being said, if you want good bass, decent mids and treble is not your primary concern, the Gjallarhorn GH50 actually fits that bill quite well, to be frank. The lows on the Gjallarhorn are superb, to say the least.

Mar 4, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #4,502 of 10,020
I unfortunately do not find the Bass of the GH50 great, I think they do not go deep enough.
I présumé if we want really good bass the JM Edition will be more suitable as well as the HP-2.
As fare as I am concerned I save money for the Rognir as I cannot purchase a new Headphone every 6 months.

Mar 5, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #4,503 of 10,020
can some of the wodan owners, share their pad rolling experience from other companies that sell pads such as zmf, lawton, or dekoni

Mar 5, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #4,504 of 10,020
Hi Kennerton family, I posted this in the closed back thread as well.

Today I received the Kennerton Gjallahorn JM Edition and I instantly fell in love with them. They sound like no other closed back headphone that I ever tried. The soundstage, holographic imaging and the atmosphere that they create is something else.
They certainly aren't for bassheads, but they definitelly got some punch when the music calls for it. I own the Magni as well and it's hard to believe that 2 hps with the same driver can sound so different.
Kudos to Kennerton and John Massaria for creating an unique piece. It's great to have companies focused on offering unique products and listening to the community isntead of worrying about marketing and that stuff.

Mar 6, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #4,505 of 10,020
Hope I’m posting in the right thread, I have been looking to get a really good set of closed back cans to compliment my Focal Clear and I’ve been looking at the Magni and Gjallarhorn. I listen to a lot of different genres but mostly indie rock and jazz. Where I live it can be very hard to demo so I’m looking for experience on which ones could be better? Thanks DL

Mar 6, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #4,506 of 10,020
Hi Kennerton family, I posted this in the closed back thread as well.

Today I received the Kennerton Gjallahorn JM Edition and I instantly fell in love with them. They sound like no other closed back headphone that I ever tried. The soundstage, holographic imaging and the atmosphere that they create is something else.
They certainly aren't for bassheads, but they definitelly got some punch when the music calls for it. I own the Magni as well and it's hard to believe that 2 hps with the same driver can sound so different.
Kudos to Kennerton and John Massaria for creating an unique piece. It's great to have companies focused on offering unique products and listening to the community isntead of worrying about marketing and that stuff.
“Listening to the community” is the best first step in effective & successful marketing, if one defines marketing as the process through which a concept becomes an actual good / service in a customer’s use. ‘Marketing’ by committee is destined for wasteful expenditure if not failure.

Mar 6, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #4,507 of 10,020
Hope I’m posting in the right thread, I have been looking to get a really good set of closed back cans to compliment my Focal Clear and I’ve been looking at the Magni and Gjallarhorn. I listen to a lot of different genres but mostly indie rock and jazz. Where I live it can be very hard to demo so I’m looking for experience on which ones could be better? Thanks DL
I have both and Id say that the Gjallahorns are best suited for Jazz and Indie Rock in my opinion because of the wider sounstage and overall clarity of all frequencies. The Magnis are better in my opinion for modern genres like pop, edm, metal etc.
Anyways both are really great options and will sound good with pretty much everything you throw at them.

Mar 6, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #4,508 of 10,020
Gjallahorns are best suited for Jazz and Indie Rock in my opinion because of the wider sounstage and overall clarity of all frequencies. The Magnis are better in my opinion for modern genres like pop, edm, metal etc.
I've compared the HP-2 with the Magni and would agree with this feedback. The Magni are more fun and warm but less detailed with a narrower soundstage.

Mar 6, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #4,509 of 10,020
“Listening to the community” is the best first step in effective & successful marketing, if one defines marketing as the process through which a concept becomes an actual good / service in a customer’s use. ‘Marketing’ by committee is destined for wasteful expenditure if not failure.
Totally agree. Marketing is needed of course, but the quality of the products and the feedback with the consumers must be above that. I think that Kennerton headphones speak by themselves. You might not like their sound signature, design or whatever, but theres no doubt that they are company that cares about the quality of their products.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #4,510 of 10,020
I have both the Clear and the Gjallarhorn JM Edition and listen primarily to jazz, blues, R&B. The Gjallarhorn JM are my favourite headphones overall. For what I listen to, the Gjallarhorn is a great complement to the Clear. I suspect that, for what you listen to, the same will be true 😀

Mar 6, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #4,511 of 10,020
Totally agree. Marketing is needed of course, but the quality of the products and the feedback with the consumers must be above that. I think that Kennerton headphones speak by themselves. You might not like their sound signature, design or whatever, but theres no doubt that they a company that cares about the quality control.
Product quality should not be incidental to, mutually exclusive from, above or below ‘marketing’ - product quality should be a primary innate consideration from idea conception to product / service delivery and afterwards. This, Kennerton clearly understands.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #4,512 of 10,020
I have both the Clear and the Gjallarhorn JM Edition and listen primarily to jazz, blues, R&B. The Gjallarhorn JM are my favourite headphones overall. For what I listen to, the Gjallarhorn is a great complement to the Clear. I suspect that, for what you listen to, the same will be true 😀
Yeah I really like the look of the Gjallarhorn and I know from reading about it that’s it’s different to other closed backs in the market. This hobby really doesn’t like my wallet 😂

Mar 7, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #4,513 of 10,020
Audio 46 says they'll be in stock this week so hopefully I'll be able to check them out over the weekend.

Mar 7, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #4,514 of 10,020
Awesome ... Don’t forget the seal test for the Kennerton closed backs - to see if they need to fit tighter gently push slowly on cups while wearing and listening to music to see if seal and dynamics increase

Mar 9, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #4,515 of 10,020
@eric65

Eric, a while ago you mentioned that I have to change my profile picture as my daughter should be growing up a lot since then.
Here she is; a fine young lady at 5-year-4-month old :)

DSC_1024.jpg

Sorry that the headphones in the photo isn't Kennerton.
It's what I had on my desk today, and she asked "Daddy, can I try that shiny headphones?"

(It's the Final D8000 Pro, in case any want to know)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back