Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Jan 13, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #316 of 10,015
"Teaser " for my Odin review:

My first major mistake of 2016 is "buying Kennerton Odin".

Why? Simply because: it seems that I can't stop listening to music with it. It's like rediscover joys in music appreciation all over again. Out of all ~80 headphones currently in my possession, including flagship-level cans (or almost) like HD800, TH900, GS1000e, HE-X, Alpha Dogs, K812, T5p, W5000, this is the first and only headphone to make me feel really "lost" in music appreciation.

So, the mistake of getting this one is ... I'm spending more time with music listening per day than I'd ever did in the past 3-4 years. And when I do, I almost can't do anything else at the same time. So, hours and hours where I should have been working other things, like improving my software/code, are lost.

Full review next month.

Jan 13, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #318 of 10,015
Well, welcome to the 81st and 82nd headphones of your collection! 
wink.gif

Looking forward to your comparison. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #319 of 10,015
Well, welcome to the 81st and 82nd headphones of your collection! :wink:

Looking forward to your comparison. :)

Hehe. Not exactly 81st and 82nd ... Because I already included these 2 in my counting of ~80 (roughly, anyway).

Anyhow, don't expect the comparison so soon since Odin would be taking most of my ears time so it would be a while before Dharma is properly burned in. (I love burning in while listening).

Jan 13, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #320 of 10,015
Thanks for the response. I'll look into it.

Lol US newbie!!! What? I'm def not a newbie. May not be able to buy all the high end amps you have but it's okay. Thanks for asking for me

I just understand!

In fact, it is a mistranslation of the google translator (French -> English)

I wrote about you on the French forum (in french):
"Est-ce que l'un d'entre nous peut répondre à ce cahier des charges (en fait un désir) pour un forumeur américain, souhaitant avoir comme casque les caractéristiques suivantes : " My key desires are instrument separation. Sound stage atleast as wide as say the LCD-x or LCD3f. transparency. Strong and nimble transient action (not soft attacks but engaging like the he-6) " " http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post178762814.html#p178762814

My French text (above), translated into English (in a "raw" and incorrect way) by Google Translate, is the following:
"Is that one of us can meet these specifications (actually a desire) for a US Newbie, wishing to have such helmet features following: " My key desires are instrument separation. Sound stage atleast as wide as say the LCD-x or LCD3f. transparency. Strong and nimble transient action (not soft attacks but engaging like the he-6)" "

In truth, "forumeur américain" (in French) translates, in reality, by "american forumer" and not by "US Newbie"
(nb: "forumer" = a forum user)

It is the translator who is in error; a simple translation mistake; nothing serious in the end!
wink.gif

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #323 of 10,015
Perhaps, because the Christmas holidays in Russia (Orthodox feast January 6) ?

Otherwise, here's the link to a new french user, this time, the Kennerton Magister ; user (skywalkerciel) that seems to be pretty satisfied with his purchase; the headphone is currently being "burn in".
http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post178765319.html#p178765319

-Note: If you use "google translate", use these patches:
. "helmet" (bad translation) --> headphones (correct)
. "US Newbie" (bad translation) --> american forumer (correct) (a US forum user)
wink.gif

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #324 of 10,015
Last edited:
Jan 15, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #325 of 10,015
  if you could compare sound signatures that would be awesome! 

First and most important, MASTER1 has dynamic-cans sound signature and Odins - planar magnetic with a tiny bit of electrostatic flavour.
Treble - probably Odins are a little brighter, but both have rather neutral highs. Mids - I can't bear MASTER1 grey mids; Odins - clear (and what is important - not overly clear) with something that reminds electrostats. Bass - MASTER1 have really great bass, good in volume, well structured and well controlled; Odins have extraoirdinary bass even among TOTL cans, Abysses are superior to Odins here, but they're only exception (even HE-6 are not so good as Odins). Soundstage - MASTER1 probably have a little large soundstage, but both are not champions or outsiders here.

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #326 of 10,015
  Not sure what happen,  Kennerton had not replied to my email. It seems no website admin. I had purchased Magister HP and some other stuff. Purchase info are not updated.

We had holidays from 1 to 10 january, possibly that's the problem )

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #327 of 10,015

"Translator traitor " or " Translate is to betray " 
wink.gif

Indeed, especially with "Google Translate" 
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: the last review of the K. Odin, this time in Russian ...
http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=142284&page=33&p=1805140&viewfull=1#post1805140

That were my Odins )

Some more reviews in russian (and photos) from group listening session. I provided Odins, but, alas, did not attend this meeting.
http://forum.doctorhead.ru/index.php?showtopic=25640&st=5175#entry800062
http://forum.doctorhead.ru/index.php?showtopic=25640&st=5175#entry800067
http://forum.doctorhead.ru/index.php?showtopic=25640&st=5175#entry800094
http://forum.doctorhead.ru/index.php?showtopic=25640&st=5175#entry800935

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #329 of 10,015
  First and most important, MASTER1 has dynamic-cans sound signature and Odins - planar magnetic with a tiny bit of electrostatic flavour.
Treble - probably Odins are a little brighter, but both have rather neutral highs. Mids - I can't bear MASTER1 grey mids; Odins - clear (and what is important - not overly clear) with something that reminds electrostats. Bass - MASTER1 have really great bass, good in volume, well structured and well controlled; Odins have extraoirdinary bass even among TOTL cans, Abysses are superior to Odins here, but they're only exception (even HE-6 are not so good as Odins). Soundstage - MASTER1 probably have a little large soundstage, but both are not champions or outsiders here.

This is absolutely going to be in my stable and I will write a full review on it. 

I wish there were a discount otherwise I will have to wait a couple of months at max but that will fly by. I wish Kennerton could send me a review pair with the option of buying since I can't hear these anywhere. Also, I would possibly like to have one of those exotic cups. 

@Kennerton Team when will you have the exotic wood cups and what is the price?

Jan 16, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #330 of 10,015

Thanks, Levap,

These comments on the Kennerton Odin are very informative and are shared to a large extent with those of the french who have tested the Odin.

A few comments to make; Apart from the weight of the Odin, high (comparable to that of headphones Audeze and the Abyss), as critical to Odin, the lack of 3D effect for the sound stage, even if the scene is accurate and well extended (linearly) between both ears.

Finally, according to these comments, it would seem that this headphone Odin deserves a better cable than that delivered in stock; you got a better tonal balance (and a better natural), as well as a better clarity with the (or these) cable(s) that you have tested; It is also what I found with my "custom-made" cable (made with Litz wire).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back