Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
May 15, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #7,923 of 10,020
in Italy there is Leonardo Lamberti, artisan manufacturer of Megahertz amplifiers, great amplifiers! the Musicale is based on a simple design and mounts the EL34s, it sounds divinely

May 15, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #7,924 of 10,020
I decided to test the ECL-02, ECL-03, and the JM cooling memory foam pads on the Vali Neoteric.
To put it bluntly, they all ruin the sound of the Vali. All 3 pads, the ECL-03 being the worse, made the Vali a dark muddy mess of bass while removing all the detail and highs. Massively boosted and distorted the bass and made them almost impossible to listen to.
I don't own the JM fuzzy pads so I can't say how they work with the Vali.
If you own the Vali Neoteric don't bother with any pad besides the stock ECL-01 pads.

May 15, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #7,925 of 10,020
I decided to test the ECL-02, ECL-03, and the JM cooling memory foam pads on the Vali Neoteric.
To put it bluntly, they all ruin the sound of the Vali. All 3 pads, the ECL-03 being the worse, made the Vali a dark muddy mess of bass while removing all the detail and highs. Massively boosted and distorted the bass and made them almost impossible to listen to.
I don't own the JM fuzzy pads so I can't say how they work with the Vali.
If you own the Vali Neoteric don't bother with any pad besides the stock ECL-01 pads.
I personally find the bass on the stock Vali to be a mess even with the stock pads. With JM’s sonic mods to the interior of the Vali Neo, the fuzzy JM pads work well.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #7,926 of 10,020
in Italy there is Leonardo Lamberti, artisan manufacturer of Megahertz amplifiers, great amplifiers! the Musicale is based on a simple design and mounts the EL34s, it sounds divinely
1652663730011.png

very nice

May 15, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #7,927 of 10,020
I personally find the bass on the stock Vali to be a mess even with the stock pads. With JM’s sonic mods to the interior of the Vali Neo, the fuzzy JM pads work well.
True, the stock Vali has a lot of bass that tends to bleed into the lower mids a fair bit. All the other pads I tried multiplied the bass mess. They are a really fun headphone though.

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #7,930 of 10,020
I wanted to report on using a Synergistic Research Foundation headphone cable with both my Gjallarhorn GH50 JM Edition Mark 2 and my Rognir bass-tuned headphones. I compared this $449 (1 meter length) SRF cable with both the stock OFC copper cables that came with both Kennertons and with the upgraded braided OFC copper cable that comes with the Rognirs. I also tried a pricey aftermarket UPOCC copper cable on the JME2. The SR uses some type of silver conductors called a silver string, whatever that is, but apparently a silver conductor deposited onto a dielectric tube. Yes, SR is a polarizing company that makes some what I would call "curious" products that stretch credulity such as minute machined metal parts that attach to various areas in the listening room and other items that could best be described as relying on pseudoscience or alchemy.

However, their cables are a different matter entirely. When I previously used a USB cable from my laptop to a DAC I found the SR USB cable to soundly trounce every other USB cable I tried including USB cables with costs up to $500. Similarly, the SR Foundation cable easily bested every other headphone cable I have tried and by a wide margin. I also use High Fidelity cables in my headphone system and I would describe the SRF cables' effects as similar to those of the HFC cables. There is a sense of ease and dynamics while being spacious, smooth, and an instrumental clarity that is mesmerizing. It is easy to hear how instruments are played and each instrumental line stands proud from the mix. The best way to describe it is that you can follow each instrumental line on whichever you decide to focus, i.e. the bass, guitar, bass drum, keyboard, voice, or other instrument. Once the system warms up you get a sense that you are sitting on the soundstage with the players; one person I know refers to this as "spatial solidity".

I would highly recommend seeking out this cable. If you can find one used it would be a honking good deal and hopefully you will like it as much as I do.

May 17, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #7,931 of 10,020
….,Yes, SR is a polarizing company that makes some what I would call "curious" products that stretch credulity such as minute machined metal parts that attach to various areas in the listening room and other items that could best be described as relying on pseudoscience or alchemy wallet-to-SR osmosis.
FTFY…[Reg. TM; © bcowen: 2021].

May 17, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #7,932 of 10,020
I sold my VC because of the Rognir. That's how good it is
Nods. The ES-R10 and Diana Closed will be curious competition.

May 18, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #7,933 of 10,020
As of yesterday, the package that was on it’s way to me was returned back to Kennerton. Kennerton is stating that DHL requires another document/certificate for the headphone to be delivered to me. Kennerton also stated that the certificate may take up to 3 weeks to be made. I guess this delivery will take a lot longer than expected.

I got an update from Kennerton today stating that they found another way to ship the headphone over to me. They chose to use Estonian post to have the shipment sent over to me. Also, at the bottom of the email, they stated that the certificate, required by DHL previously, is no longer required by DHL to ship anymore as of today. As a way of apology for not being able to use DHL, which I requested for, they will include an additional set of pads for my Rognir on my next order. My next order is already in the works with Kennerton, I inquired about a custom headphone that I was interested in having made.

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #7,934 of 10,020
I got an update from Kennerton today stating that they found another way to ship the headphone over to me. They chose to use Estonian post to have the shipment sent over to me. Also, at the bottom of the email, they stated that the certificate, required by DHL previously, is no longer required by DHL to ship anymore as of today. As a way of apology for not being able to use DHL, which I requested for, they will include an additional set of pads for my Rognir on my next order. My next order is already in the works with Kennerton, I inquired about a custom headphone that I was interested in having made.
please share more pics wjhen you can and impressions! sounds like good stuff to me

May 19, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #7,935 of 10,020
Interesting, what kind of custom headphone are you looking at getting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back