Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Aug 20, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #5,791 of 10,020
thumbnail.jpg

I think this is mine :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #5,793 of 10,020
À real piece of art, hope thy did not give you the promised one to Eric !
nah I had my order in for over 2 months I knew the color already but they are adding some etching on it I hope to make it a bit more like the other one with etching of Kennerton name and flow swoop on sides of bat symbol - we will see .... but man these guys are making some insane beauties over there huh???

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #5,795 of 10,020
Did you have to go through Audio 46?
As far back as January I think- I had sent pictures over of colors I liked of the Rognir to Ivan I think- before Audio46 even had stock and when it was still in testing stages- so I waited a while for mine- but Audio46 ran out of stock quickly and is ordering more I think for buyers

Aug 20, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #5,796 of 10,020
Aug 20, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #5,797 of 10,020
@eric65, welcome back, really great to see you and very glad you're okay! This thread missed you ))

Aug 20, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #5,799 of 10,020
That’s a great idea

Aug 20, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #5,800 of 10,020
I was looking at this reviewer's headphone ranking listing (Crinacle) and I thought some of the placings were odd. Is it just me or are the two Kennerton headphones (Odin and Thror) placed below the Hifiman Deva, Sennheiser HD660S and Shure SRH440 not make any sense? Many of these are not even in the same league sonically but are rated higher in tonality/technicalities.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 17-07-43 crinacle's Headphone Ranking List – In-Ear Fidelity.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 17-07-43 crinacle's Headphone Ranking List – In-Ear Fidelity.png
    251.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #5,801 of 10,020
The pairing of Gjallarhorn JM Edition with Woo WA6 (1st generation with Tungsram ECC81s and Mullard GZ34) is exquisite. The GH-JM clearly conveys the difference in rectifier tubes and driver tubes. Guidostrunk, this headphone is beckoning you…
I am very interested in Gjallarhorn JM Edition, encouraging it synergizes well with tube amps. Unlike WA6, however, my Feliks-Audio Elise is an OTL, generally pairs best with higher impedance headphones. That said, I understand GH50 JM is not an "ordinary" dynamic and perhaps that changes the compatability equation.

Any insight as to how the Elise / OTL--> Gjallarhorn JM Edition combination might perform would be welcomed!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #5,802 of 10,020
I am very interested in Gjallarhorn JM Edition, encouraging it synergizes well with tube amps. Unlike WA6, however, my Feliks-Audio Elise is an OTL, generally pairs best with higher impedance headphones. That said, I understand GH50 JM is not an "ordinary" dynamic and perhaps that changes the compatability equation.

Any insight as to how the Elise / OTL--> Gjallarhorn JM Edition combination might perform would be welcomed!
The OTL work best with high ohm headsets usually like a Sennheiser HD600 which is 300 ohms or the Beyerdynamic DT150 600ohm (great cheap headphones but terrible horrible excruciating comfort and not so great dynamics) -
I asked Valentin a year ago about making an adapter for the low imediance Kennerton headphones to step up to 300+ ohms so they would work with OTL and he is still working on the idea- they may be toying with it soon again... I do know they are working on a killer crazy cable that is modular in nature...
anyway...
The gh50jm edition benefits from clean class a power like a Benchmark hpa4 or Ray Samuels Apcache or if those are too high in price as they certainly are - maybe this for $509 Singxer SA1 which is cheap!

I don’t know if the low 33ohms needs or benefits from otl design- when I tried my Bottlhead Crack SB it matched perfectly with HD600 and did not at all for any Kennerton.

I know a few users do use tubes but I never found one that I thought would match well or better than class a SS except I do know the all-tube design, Class-A, transformer-coupled, single-ended triode (SET) amplifier will work but never tried sadly. NO go on any OTL as far as I understand unless Kennerton steps up Ohms to 300 or 600 with adapter...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back