Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Dec 31, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #4,142 of 10,020
Happy New Year, my fellow Kennerton-oholics!

1609445272686.png

Jan 1, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #4,144 of 10,020
Many thanks for this english version of this comparative article of this three Kennerton headphones ; very great job! ! :)

Unless I am mistaken, you are the Russian author of this excellent review of these three Kennerton electrodynamic headphones (two closed-back and one open), as for the other two reviews written by you (in Russian, then in English) of the Kennerton Gajallarhorn JM Edition and the Kennerton Wodan, as well as an excellent reflection (written in Russian) on headphones listening perception and Harman target curve (s).

I took the liberty of taking your links to your reviews of your blog, from the previous page of this thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kennerton-odin-magister-vali-magni-gjallarhorn-rögnir-thridi-wodan-thekk-and-thror-discussion.732814/page-275#post-16069783

I appreciate your great knowledge and yours analysis of headphones, your rational critical thinking, and I think I share with you an ear sensitivity of these headphones that is close to yours (and that of the Crinacle critic's target curve). https://crinacle.com/graphs/headphones/

If one day you can write us a review about Kennerton Thekk headphones (open planar headphones) and the future and very intriguing Kennerton Rögnir (closed-back planar headphones), well, I'll be among the first to read it on your blog https: / /boizoff.com/ (even if written in Russian; the google translate translation helps to understand the gist of the message).

Well done for your quality reviews (and your blog).

I wish you an excellent year 2021, in a few hours, in Russia (St Petersburg) and in France, as well as health to all your fellow citizens. :)

Indeed, I am Igor Boitsov, the author and owner of the blog.

In the future I will do my best to publish both the Russian and the English versions of my articles, to save my readers the trouble to use Google translate and spoil the first impression.

As for the Kennerton Rognir, I had the opportunity to listen to the prototype headphones for 10 minutes only and with unfamiliar music material. I am strongly opposed to making rush conclusions, so I believe that at least 10 hours of listening experience of well familiar music are necessary to form a good and objective impression on any piece of headphones. However, that much I can say that from those 10 minutes of listening, I have been waaaaaaay impressed. I’d say, they were far too good. And I know, that from that moment when I listened to them, there were improvements made to the prototype in context of sound.

But to re-iterate: don’t take my words about Rognir seriously at this point, since 10 minutes are absolutely not enough to make any kind of impression about a pair of headphones.

And therefore, I will be much pleased to have a chance to listen to these headphones, when Kennerton provides them to me for review.

And thank you very much for appreciating my writings, i'm really trying to do my best :)

Happy new year!

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #4,145 of 10,020
Hello everyone.

The Kennerton Rögnir, a closed-back planar headphones, was officially born on facebook on Christmas Day, December 25, 2020.
https://www.facebook.com/kazanzhi/posts/3626560697428511
A very promising closed-back planar headphones and which is announced for the year 2021 as more than good...

Also born during the Christmas period (end of December 2020) the new Kennerton Vali 2020 "late" (an electrodynamic open headphone), equipped this time with the excellent high-tech electrodynamic 50 mm size driver with graphene covered membrane already equipping (in 2020) the Magni V3 and the two very innovative closed-back Gjallarhorn headphones (standard and JM edition) with their horn.

2021 will be an excellent year (an excellent vintage) for Kennerton headphones; believe me, or rather, believe Kennerton and their team, who are not short of ideas and know-how to constantly improve their products, for our greatest pleasure.

And for high-end IEM (in ear monitor) enthusiasts, 2021 should be an exceptional vintage with the arrival of an exceptional planar IEM, designed from scratch by Kennerton.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #4,146 of 10,020
Hello everyone.

The Kennerton Rögnir, a closed-back planar headphones, was officially born on facebook on Christmas Day, December 25, 2020.
https://www.facebook.com/kazanzhi/posts/3626560697428511
A very promising closed-back planar headphones and which is announced for the year 2021 as more than good...

Also born during the Christmas period (end of December 2020) the new Kennerton Vali 2020 "late" (an electrodynamic open headphone), equipped this time with the excellent high-tech electrodynamic 50 mm size driver with graphene covered membrane already equipping (in 2020) the Magni V3 and the two very innovative closed-back Gjallarhorn headphones (standard and JM edition) with their horn.

2021 will be an excellent year (an excellent vintage) for Kennerton headphones; believe me, or rather, believe Kennerton and their team, who are not short of ideas and know-how to constantly improve their products, for our greatest pleasure.

And for high-end IEM (in ear monitor) enthusiasts, 2021 should be an exceptional vintage with the arrival of an exceptional planar IEM, designed from scratch by Kennerton.
I think that would be a good thing to make separate threads for the upcoming Kennerton models :relaxed:

Jan 2, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #4,147 of 10,020
I think that would be a good thing to make separate threads for the upcoming Kennerton models :relaxed:
Some tried but the popularity always rerurns to this thread.

I'm very hyped for the Rögnir and IEMs

Jan 2, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #4,148 of 10,020

Yes, it would be a good thing to speak specifically for only one of the Kennerton headphones, in addition to this generalist Kennerton thread, which is rather a thread for general discussion (and for general informations) about Kennerton headphones, especially the latest headphones released and/or the upcoming models.

Tip: Use and create keywords (tags) to find the threads in question more easily:
for example with the keywords "vali", "kennerton vali", "thror", "kennerton thror", "thekk", "kennerton thekk", you will instantly find the threads dedicated, totally or partially, to these headphones.

I have already introduced in the generalist kennerton thread the keyword "kennerton rognir"; all that's left to do is to create for one of the future happy owners of this future Kennerton Rögnir headphone, a specific thread for this kennerton closed-back planar headphone, by adding at least one or both of these two keywords: "kennerton rognir" and "rognir", to directly access this specific thread.
And since it will be a high-end headphone, it could even appear, for example, in the head-fi, High-end Audio Forum, to discuss it more specifically.

The same goes for head-fi headphone tests; present and future tests of these headphones: remember to create a keyword with the name of the headphone for easier and quicker access to the test of the headphone being studied.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #4,149 of 10,020
Some tried but the popularity always rerurns to this thread.

I'm very hyped for the Rögnir and IEMs

Absolutely, Kennerton's generalist thread is by far the most popular of the various threads on Kennerton products; to read and follow like a daily newspaper: we read only what interests us to read. :)

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #4,150 of 10,020
Jan 2, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #4,151 of 10,020
Yeah, good idea. There are too many Kennerton models these days; the company has certainly grown by leaps and bounds! :)

What say you, folks? Should we create separate threads and branch out? We could, in fact, create 1 for the closed-back Kennerton models and one for the open cans.

I think interest in, and subsequently, discussions of, Kennerton headphones will only spike in the coming months/years.

Jan 2, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #4,152 of 10,020
Since the same people are interested in different Kennerton models I don't see a reason to have more threads, I think this one is just fine

Jan 2, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #4,153 of 10,020
Yeah, good idea. There are too many Kennerton models these days; the company has certainly grown by leaps and bounds! :)

What say you, folks? Should we create separate threads and branch out? We could, in fact, create 1 for the closed-back Kennerton models and one for the open cans.

I think interest in, and subsequently, discussions of, Kennerton headphones will only spike in the coming months/years.
Since the same people are interested in different Kennerton models I don't see a reason to have more threads, I think this one is just fine

You're both right, guys, the two options are relevant: generalist thread and specific thread to a particular Kennerton headphones (or headphones category). :)

I just have one technical remark to make about this Kennerton generalist thread that was originally created by @bowei006, with the appearance on the market, in August 2014, of the first three Kennerton headphones: the MAGISTER (closed-back electrodynamics headphone), the very first VALI (open electrodynamics headphone) and the very first ODIN (mk1) (open planar headphone).
Later, you may have noticed the broadening of the title of this generalist Kennerton thread with the appearance of new Kennerton headphones : the Thridi (Odin Thridi mk3), the Thror, the Thekk, the Magni, the Gjallarhorn (standard and JM Edition), the Wodan and most recently the Rögnir, thanks to the complicity of the creator of this thread, @bowei006, the only one to be able to modify the title of this thread (once well informed of the evolution of the constantly renewed productions of Kennerton products); I thank him for this.

But we'll quickly have a problem, @bowei006 and myself: the title of the Kennerton generalist thread is not infinitely extensible: we couldn't add the names of the M12-S and the Jörd (note: this last Kennerton headset is not a "full size" headphone, but an "on ear" headset) not being sure of the remaining space to lengthen the thread title.

The same goes for the future Kennerton planar high-end IEM headphones, whose name is not yet known, which technically speaking is an IEM (and not a "ful size" headphone).
Therefore, it will not appear in the title of this Kennerton generalist thread; but I think we can still talk about it here, as a general information about the latest Kennerton productions.
A dedicated thread will have to be created in the adapted section, most probably the head-fi High-end Audio Forum section, to discuss it more specifically, since it will be a high-end headphone in its category (In-Ear-Monitor).

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #4,154 of 10,020
You're both right, guys, the two options are relevant: generalist thread and specific thread to a particular Kennerton headphones (or headphones category). :)

I just have one technical remark to make about this Kennerton generalist thread that was originally created by @bowei006, with the appearance on the market, in August 2014, of the first three Kennerton headphones: the MAGISTER (closed-back electrodynamics headphone), the very first VALI (open electrodynamics headphone) and the very first ODIN (mk1) (open planar headphone).
Later, you may have noticed the broadening of the title of this generalist Kennerton thread with the appearance of new Kennerton headphones : the Thridi (Odin Thridi mk3), the Thror, the Thekk, the Magni, the Gjallarhorn (standard and JM Edition), the Wodan and most recently the Rögnir, thanks to the complicity of the creator of this thread, @bowei006, the only one to be able to modify the title of this thread (once well informed of the evolution of the constantly renewed productions of Kennerton products); I thank him for this.

But we'll quickly have a problem, @bowei006 and myself: the title of the Kennerton generalist thread is not infinitely extensible: we couldn't add the names of the M12-S and the Jörd (note: this last Kennerton headset is not a "full size" headphone, but an "on ear" headset) not being sure of the remaining space to lengthen the thread title.

The same goes for the future Kennerton planar high-end IEM headphones, whose name is not yet known, which technically speaking is an IEM (and not a "ful size" headphone).
Therefore, it will not appear in the title of this Kennerton generalist thread; but I think we can still talk about it here, as a general information about the latest Kennerton productions.
A dedicated thread will have to be created in the adapted section, most probably the head-fi High-end Audio Forum section, to discuss it more specifically, since it will be a high-end headphone in its category (In-Ear-Monitor).

Yeah sounds good to me.

Jan 2, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #4,155 of 10,020

Yes, eventually, with all major brands, the stable of products will grow to a size which will exceed the capacity of a single thread to accurately encapsulate all relevant discussions pertinent to 1 single product. For example, once the IEM is released, and if the general thread still remains as the sole source for all Kennerton talk, some non-IEM users might find it difficult to sift through the data to obtain information relevant to the product they were originally interested in; it'll be akin to noise.

This general thread has served us well; however, I think we might need to branch out in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back