Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Nov 8, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #2,476 of 10,018
Thank you. I'm very happy with my purchase. The new Vali was everything I had hoped for. My goal was to find a possible upgrade to what I enjoyed in the Thieaudio Phantom, but with a different vocal presentation. Either there would be a new champion, or it would prove my Phantoms were the best. A fun contest.

The Vali are my new champion. I have only been in the hobby for a short time, so I'm not great at describing sound, but they have the detail of the HE-560's but without the thin sound and lacking treble. They have the great percussion of the Thieaudio Phantom, but with more impact and more specific. They also have the premium, full sound and great vocals like the Focal Elex, but not boring.

I was looking for a specific sound signature and my research and faith are rewarded here. For me, the new Vali sound is not lacking in any way, so my passion to seek the sound I was looking for is over. I do like the timbre of the Phantom a little bit more, but to choose the Phantom over the Vali would be to sacrifice detail, bigger sound stage, superior imaging, vocals & percussion/bass.

This proves to me that although I'm new to the hobby, I can trust my research and I already knew William Murdoch's recommendations are really good and very accurate and my trust in his reviews grows as well.

For anyone taking the time to read this, also want to say dealing with Kennerton has been a pleasure. Very intelligent and patient customer service.

Hi all,

Here the new youtube video made by William Murdock this time for the New Vali 2019.

From what I understand, the new Vali is not much lighter than the old Vali (520 g versus 540 g?) but would be (much) more comfortable to wear thanks to its larger pads dimensions (leaving more room for the ears) and its lower clamping, not to mention its self-adaptability to all forms of heads, without sharp adjustment of the arch, as with the old Vali. (Note: the flexibility of this new headband allows a certain degree of horizontal rotation of the pads, in spite of the lack of apparent axis in this direction).
The soundstage of the new Vali would be a little wider (with a sound a little more open?) than the old Vali; oddly enough, the new Vali would be a little less level in bass than the old Vali (while the curves seen from measurements of the FR would show the opposite), with bass also a little less striking than those of the former Vali; the midds would be very close to the old Vali, creamy, beautiful; highs are a little attenuated (roll-off) as with the old Vali, without making the headphone dark; in any case it is not bright. The new Vali is pretty detailed, but not too much ...
A more complete review of the new Vali will be done in the coming weeks, by the same author.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #2,477 of 10,018
Good morning all.

For information.

This is not an earphones (in-ear monitor (IEM)) manufactured by Kennerton, but by Kennerton's former chief engineer, Max; a very competent audio engineer, because one of the fathers of the now famous Russian planar headphones, the Kennerton Odin, Thridi, Thror and Thekk headphones (the Pro version of Thror).
Max is now the co-founder of a new company called dopeaudio.pro, but keeps friendly relations with Kennerton: he has just released a new earphones (IEM) in technology planar, very promising which we can see some images, here https://www.instagram.com/max_audiomaster/ , and follow the forum of (Russian) discussion here http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=236643&page=5&p=2908898&viewfull=1#post2908898 .

19110711513223553816497146.jpg

Specifications of this earphones (IEM):
Planar magnetic transducer
Closed-back enclosure
Single-sided magnetic system
NdFeB N50 magnets
9 mm diaphragm
1 µ diaphragm thickness
Rated Power: 30 mW
8 Hz to 50 kHz FR
21 Ohm impedance (±1 Ohm)
SPL: 96 dB @ 1 KHz
THD: less than 0.1% @ 100 dB

This would be one of the best IEMs on the market; but beware, this earphones would be very demanding in terms of amplification (sensitivity effective between 93 and 96 dB / mW depending on the frequency ; the better the amp (powerful and qualitative) is, the better the sound is ; you are warned ...

Let's hope for a great future for Max and his new baby! :)

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #2,478 of 10,018
Hi Claude,

Great combo ! (Liedson Orpheon dac/amp + Kennerton Odin with Vectura Litz cable) :)

Even better with the Kennerton Thror ! (I have already listened to ...) :beyersmile:

Otherwise, I confirm that Pierre Paya (Pierre Paya Diffusion) opened a shop in Thailand in Nonthaburi, 30 km north of Bangkok, and that he became the official importer of Kennerton products in Thailand, just like in France.

JdkwX.jpg

https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=230

I wish him success in this beautiful country; maybe someday will he meet @ithilienrp?

Oh. Wow. I will definitely pay him a visit someday, and will mention you, Eric!

Nov 9, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #2,479 of 10,018
Oh. Wow. I will definitely pay him a visit someday, and will mention you, Eric!

Great. :)

Pierre is a charming man, but also formidable to make you love exceptional audio material, often out of the ordinary.

Coming with your wife will be better (more cautious for your finances) to remind you that you also have a family to feed before signing a check for a new headphone or amp, as wonderful as it is! :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #2,480 of 10,018
Nov 11, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #2,481 of 10,018
Good morning all.

Regarding the many wood finishes Kennerton offered for its headphones, I think Kennerton found his way by offering such a variety of wood species for his headphones.

ZMF also follows this same path, also offering beautiful wood species, various, very appreciated by its afficionados.

Wood is a noble material and has a history (that which has been its slow growth as a tree); history that leaves "traces", clearly visible in the form of varied textures, sometimes complex, and rings of wood growth clearly visible, often highlighted by the finish of the wood (polishing, varnishing, see technique of stabilization of the wood ).

In addition, Kennerton has a "sound", which is often different from others (as with the Vali and Odin, for example) and which often pleases by its typicity and its living and pleasant character. Thridi, Thror, Thekk, new Vali and new Odin, are variations of this "sound", according to the taste of the day, for a sound "more neutral" or on the contrary more pronounced.

Otherwise, I answer general questions for all those who would look for:
The sound of the Vali, but with a more comfortable headband.
The sound of the Odin (or Thridi, fairly close to the Odin), but with a more comfortable headband
The sound of Thror, but with a more comfortable headband.

My answers in the order of these questions: the new Vali 2019; the new Odin 2019, and the Thekk! : P

In addition, all these new Kennerton headphones offer the same diversity of wood species that was previously offered for the previous generation of Kennerton headphones that uses the old headband, more original, but also a little heavier, stiffer , less friendly, and more hard to wear, especially if badly adjusted!

Good commemorative day of November 11 (in France) of all veterans.

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #2,483 of 10,018
Hello everyone,

Some pictures of CanJam in Shanghai :)
I find them beautiful !

Many thanks Milan for these beautiful pictures taken on this CanJam Shanghai 2019 show with the Kennerton Thror and the Kennerton Vali headphones associated with prestigious electronics:

Shanghai Canjam Show - Kennerton with Hiend Panda, 9-10 Nov 2019

Trafomatic Audio: Primavera SE amp + Kennerton Thror

19111104194623553816505253.jpg

19111104562023553816505383.jpg

19111104132123553816505237.jpg

Nagra DSD Source

19111104132123553816505236.jpg

Trafomatic Audio: Head 2 amp + Kennerton Vali

19111104132223553816505238.jpg

19111104365523553816505311.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/can...ovember-9-10-2019.918758/page-3#post-15299542

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #2,484 of 10,018
I have ordered a Kennerton Thror. The wood I wanted turned out to have been lent to a Finish film crew and had not returned.

This was the original wood I ordered:

KENNERTON-THROR.jpeg

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #2,485 of 10,018
Vladimir was very kind and offered me three different wood versions. I chose this one:

IMG_1663.jpeg
IMG_1667.jpeg

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #2,486 of 10,018
I am lucky enough to have the Abyss and Susvara it will be an interesting comparison between the three TOTL contendors:

Abyss TC
Susvara
Kennerton Thror

This is a photo of my system. I have a Taiko Extreme arriving tomorrow:

IMG_0302.jpeg

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #2,487 of 10,018
I am lucky enough to have the Abyss and Susvara it will be an interesting comparison between the three TOTL contendors:

Abyss TC
Susvara
Kennerton Thror

This is a photo of my system. I have a Taiko Extreme arriving tomorrow:

Vladimir was very kind and offered me three different wood versions. I chose this one:

Very impressive system !

Congratulations.

Superb Thror; you will have completed your collection of TOTL headphones. :)

Another flavor for the sound, with a superb medium, natural, and a new color for the wood that does not have your other headphones!

Nov 15, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #2,489 of 10,018
Original post, by Tyll Hertsens on Innerfidelity.

Title: "The Effect of Glasses on Headphone Frequency Response"
https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/effect-glasses-headphone-frequency-response

150610_Blog_Glasses_Photo_Main.jpg

Kennerton Magni is much more sensitive than Kennerton Thror for the roll off in the bass, when the sealing of the pads is compromised, such as when wearing glasses, especially with the Magni's short pads, perhaps less sealing than the long pads (stock) which therefore provide more level in the basses due to a better seal.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #2,490 of 10,018
What are the short pads? They are not listed on kennerton or fischeraudios homepage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back